RC poster

Thumbs up Impressive and Durable!

I'm new to this forum, and picked up my Alias 4 days ago at my LHS. The four spare batteries I ordered had arrived the same day, so I had one charged when I picked it up and tried it right there in a space about as large as four phone booths. When it lifted off straight up in the air, I was shocked! I hovered for about 5 minutes before packing it up to bring it home.

Now, I have the Traxxis mini quad, as well as 3 other quads from other companies, and consider myself just a beginner/medium skilled pilot, but this baby will fly for just about any beginner except a chimpanzee!!

My flight inside the family room let me get the feel for how dexterous this quad really is. Control is extremely responsive and the auto-leveling is fantastic. After about 5 minutes, I put the battery on charge and with another battery I headed outside in the dark before the moon rose to see how it flies with the spiffy lights. I wasn't disappointed. I was able to control this with ease, and the lights were terrific. I especially like the Blue, center/rear light for orientation. If you see the blue light, then you know it's pointed forward.

Then next day, I took it outside again, and for the first time, I went to pro1. Absolutely never have I tried aerobatics, but when I hit that stunt button and pushed forward, it completed a perfect forward flip and leveled out almost instantly! Holy cow, Traxxas, you really made this baby behave like a baby, but with the push of a button, it behaves like a Ringling Brothers aerial artist. Well done!

I'm a 63 year old retiree that started with an infra-red copter and graduated to coaxials, but that's about it until the quads came out. Besides the larger quads that cost upwards of $500, there hasn't been a mid-sized quad like this that beginners could really sink their teeth into. This is the one, so buy it!

RC Racer
    Great to hear awesome things about this quad! Great job Traxxas!!!! I cant wait for mine to come!
    MERV, Broken Alias.

Good to hear!! Any pictures?
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyB-Retired View Post
    I'm new to this forum, and picked up my Alias 4 days ago at my LHS. The four spare batteries I ordered had arrived the same day, so I had one charged when I picked it up and tried it right there in a space about as large as four phone booths. When it lifted off straight up in the air, I was shocked! I hovered for about 5 minutes before packing it up to bring it home.

Now, I have the Traxxis mini quad, as well as 3 other quads from other companies, and consider myself just a beginner/medium skilled pilot, but this baby will fly for just about any beginner except a chimpanzee!!

My flight inside the family room let me get the feel for how dexterous this quad really is. Control is extremely responsive and the auto-leveling is fantastic. After about 5 minutes, I put the battery on charge and with another battery I headed outside in the dark before the moon rose to see how it flies with the spiffy lights. I wasn't disappointed. I was able to control this with ease, and the lights were terrific. I especially like the Blue, center/rear light for orientation. If you see the blue light, then you know it's pointed forward.

Then next day, I took it outside again, and for the first time, I went to pro1. Absolutely never have I tried aerobatics, but when I hit that stunt button and pushed forward, it completed a perfect forward flip and leveled out almost instantly! Holy cow, Traxxas, you really made this baby behave like a baby, but with the push of a button, it behaves like a Ringling Brothers aerial artist. Well done!

I'm a 63 year old retiree that started with an infra-red copter and graduated to coaxials, but that's about it until the quads came out. Besides the larger quads that cost upwards of $500, there hasn't been a mid-sized quad like this that beginners could really sink their teeth into. This is the one, so buy it!
    We love to hear feedback like this! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and we hope you will continue to spread the word and encourage fellow r/c pilots or wanna be r/c pilots to give the Alias a try!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    yea we need to spread the word about how awesome this quad-copter is. I think a lot of members are still on the fence about it.

RC Racer
    I think the videos is what gets people.... It got me for sure!
    MERV, Broken Alias.

RC poster
    We just got these helicopters in and we have literately thrown them into walls as hard as we could. The sales rep told me about these new helicopters and said the you can throw them like a boomerang and they will stable themselves . So when we recieved our shipment in I opened one up , plugged the battery In and threw it as hard as I could on our buildings porch , I forgot to turn the remote on so it slammed against the wall.
    So I turned the remote on did it again and was successful .

Since then I have flown it in the rain, stepped on it, had the battery die from a couple hundred feet in the air and land upside down on black top, did a flip and went full throttle into the ground from 50feet in the air, slammed it in an oak tree so hard the battery flew out.

The only thing that broke was the canopy .

This is the best quad copter ever made period.

I've flown everything.

RC Qualifier

Impressive and Durable!

I'M sold! Been wanting a quad copter for awhile. Looks like ill be adding another traxxas vehicle to my collection. Great review!

Update, just ordered one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by the finisher; 11-25-2013 at 11:45 PM.
    addicted much....

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Good to hear!! Any pictures?
    Sorry, but the snow has come, so no matter how durable this baby is, I'm not going to invite damage. There's enough videos on U-tube to satisfy everyone. I have one more item to share. I was flying it in our living room, which isn't huge, but decided to switch into pro1 mode. When it was about 18 inches above the carpet, I hit the stunt button and did a complete side flip with complete recovery! The first couple of times, it lightly crashed into a wall, but once I got the hang of it, I was simply amazed!

Looking at a couple of replies to my original thread, I can see I'm not the only one who's impressed. This quad rocks, and I'm 63 years old! The reason for this heli being the best of the quads could possibly be right on the box. It doesn't say "Made in China"!! It's made in Taiwan, and they paid attention to great detail. I hope Traxxas makes a larger one with an HD camera attached.