Which Tires are better for Snow?

Which Tires are better for Snow Trailing?

Trencher X or Stock. I can only take one set with me and have to decide which one.

Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    Found this thread. Read post #7 for one person opinion on order from best to worst in the snow. Looks like they prefer canyons over trenchers.
    Otherwise i would just keep searching all forums on traxxas about trenchers and stock tires in the snow.
    Summit; Spartan; Others yet to come

Yes but Trechers X are wider that trenchers and even than the stock tires.

I think i just have to try myself.

Trenchers in some snow.not to bad really.
    http://youtu.be/Ki8lY457RU8

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    I found the Canyons were awsome in the snow last year, but then again they were all I had to run, so I have nothing to compare to. From what I have read, not much beats the Canyons in the snow. Let us know what you think.
    Drive Angry My Friends!

RC poster
    I like the Trencher X over the stock Canyon tires, they seem to get better traction and "float" over the snow.

RC Qualifier
    The trenchers are to aggressive in the snow, they dig you down worse than the canyons.

I have yet to find a better snow tire than the canyons.
    To SUMMIT up, its my coolest RC.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Adventurer View Post
    The trenchers are to aggressive in the snow, they dig you down worse than the canyons.

I have yet to find a better snow tire than the canyons.
    Thanks dude then I will use the Canyons. The only problem: Snow has already melted ->

RC Qualifier
    Lol, snow chains work great on the canyons also. Cheap DIY project.

Woke up to a fresh blanket of snow this morning.... just charging up the batts

I have the Trencher X's, and they work better than the stock tires IMO. I just think it's because they're wider.
    Manager at LHS ~7 Years. I've seen some stuff lol

RC poster
    Norther Adventure, I like some of your build info so don't think I'm bashing you, but you stated the Trencher X tires were too aggressive but like chains on the Canyons?
    I just tried both in @10cm of loose snow. Made it up a slight hill better with the Trenchers, but I will say if the snow is hard packed or has a frozen crust on it the Canyons are very good as well. I do have the Canyons taped on the inside so maybe that hinders them in the snow a little. I'm also running brushless.

RC Qualifier
    Hey Viper, no offence taken

I enjoy comparing notes on tires. I too am running brushless. But I did not tape my canyons.

I don't find chains dig like the giant trencher X lugs. My Trencher x`s would scoop the snow away and dig me straight down, where the chain is a little loose on the canyon tire and for me works like laying something infront of the tire for it to roll over, creating more traction. But even when using chains in fast tire spinning scenarios I found the canyons propelled me forward better than the trencher x`s.

Plus the trencher tread turns into a racing slick with wet snow, where my canyons don't seem to collect as much in the treads.

Ideally, I would use the x`s in a small amount of snow, but the canyons in deeper snow.

I find the ballooning is a desirable effect in snow driving, helps me get out of situations my trencher x`s cant. Pizza cutters can help sometimes

RC Qualifier
    But on another side, the canyons are so easy to tear and rip.

This happened in a 1.5hr run today:

RC poster
    Lol NA, I agree the pizza cutters would help in the snow I was just looking at a video of mine from last yr with the canyons on going up a long very steep hill on top of 100cm of snow. It had a crust on top and I was pulling the odd wheelie. I have the chain on hand and think I'll make some tire chains up for the Canyons. Btw, your posts on the LEM stuff inspired me to make my own axles, never broke one since.
    Great work, keep it up.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks, us all coming together to help make custom stuff is one of my favorite parts of this hobby.

I`d like to check out these axles if there's a link to a post on them?

RC poster
    Yes, made a post with links to pics as well on "what did you do to your Summit today" think page 3 or 4.

RC Qualifier
    Sweet, Those are nice. Kinda like my LEMs as in stock dimensions and boots. But your ends wont snap! You still could pretzel the plastic shaft.... but If you haven't broke one yet, your probably safe.

Gotta love those .65 cent ideas!