RC Qualifier
    At the office installing another box of Internets...

Out of town for the holidays and taking the rc's with you?

Just as the title says, just curious if anyone is planning on going out of town for the holidays and if you plan on taking any of your rc equipment along.

We took a 3 week vacation a few years ago for Christmas and New Years and just drove up the coast to San Fransisco and back, stopping at different places for 2-4 days at a time. We took the Rustys with us and actually found some interesting places to play in Morro Bay/Cambria and San Jose. Pull into town, do a quick charge of one LiPo each, goof off for 45 minutes, come back and get cleaned up for a day of sight-seeing and antiquing.

My wife even located a rc hobby shop in the San Jose area so we could take a look around before heading to Johnny Garlic's for dinner.
    I shot an elephant in my underwear last night...

RC Qualifier
    Yep, well this time it wasn't my Traxxas but I still took it! it's the 10 year old step brother's 2WD pede. I am down near Galveston TX, we took a trip up to our other house in Kerrville TX(next to San Antonio). We saw snow Monday night, only stuck to the cars and deer feeders! I have a list of local Hobby shops taped up in the shed for when I break a part... We are going back for New Years! I will have a 1/16 Summit by then. If I bring my laptop that = No RC, if I bring RC= No Laptop... It was a packed trip, 6 people, 4 days worth of clothing and two King Charles Cavaliers (Really a over rated Spaniel). We don't have the dirtbikes anymore so we can't put our extra junk on the trailer Hard to fit 6 in a GL550, I have to convince the parents to rent a Suburban/Yukon XL one of these days, we are getting another dog for X-Mas(Irish Setter).

400th post!
    Last edited by Spartanator; 12-02-2013 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Looked at my post count!
    PM for info.....

RC Qualifier
    That's why I don't have another 1/10, I need easy portability! The 1/16 line is actually a little fun for me, I thought I would hate them because they are so small. I love them!
    PM for info.....

RC Qualifier
    My scaler comes with me almost every trip that I may have free time on. The e revo is kinda big for that but it goes with me on all the major brakes from school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Yes we are going away for Christmas this year and I am taking my Brushless Slash 2x4 with us. We are going to Florida so I put some paddles on the rear for the beach. I also put ski's up front but am taking some ribbed tires as well. Kinda courious as to if the ski's will act the same as in snow.
    Drive it, Break it, Upgrade it