RC Racer

What to expect if changed Rustler to Slash LCG??

Contemplating on changing up my Rustler VXL.

I run on my backyard rc track. Not a real big track....23 second laps times with two jumps...and sandy. (Florida)
    Have 2.8 Badlands at moment...love those tires. Titan shock shafts....aluminum caps with 40 all around in shocks.
    Have ....can't remember what the weight was....but have two 1/4 nuts and bolts with 4 .......1/2 washers up front on bumper for weighted front end. (Sounds ugly...but really looks like two off road lights...lol)
    Strc aluminum blocks...and everything else rpm plastic......oh....and HR all aluminum transmission case.

Anyhow....I'm pretty happy with performance. ...but just wondering if changing to a slash with the lcg kit if I could get better performance. .....plus just for a change

What would I notice different in the performance. ...good....bad...???
    And I guess I would have to change tires?
    Mainly. ..just don't know what to expect or what difference I would see?

You'd have a little more stability when jumping and accelerating.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Champion
    Better handling for sure, it would be more stable I'd say. I drove both and I liked my slash so much better than the rustler. I'd wait for the traxxas lcg kit if I were you.

Sprint S4 | Tapatalk 2
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

RC Champion
    It'd also look way more scale compared to the rustler.
    Slash 4x4 LCG+(rolling)HCG, Slash 2wd(raptor)

RC Racer
    Ya....my Rustler does seem a bit unpredictable sometimes....which does get frustrating sometimes.
    Well cool....guess I just needed some first hand input. (I did try searching first.....which I enjoy because I learn something about everytime I search a subject )

I also think I would lime the scale a bit better too.

Ok...thanks guys.....gotta spend some money lol

Oh...one quick question.....I don't understand how you get better stability with a truck that is more narrow?
    Is it because of the LCG kit makes it lower than a stock rustler?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitteh298 View Post
    Better handling for sure, it would be more stable I'd say. I drove both and I liked my slash so much better than the rustler. I'd wait for the traxxas lcg kit if I were you.

Sprint S4 | Tapatalk 2
    Sorry to double post....just thought about it...

Why do you say wait for the Traxxas kit? (I think I read that same comment somewhere else?)

Isn't that sposed to be out December 2013?

Anyone...please chime in if can too

RC Qualifier
    It'll add stability because when you're on the throttle with a short vehicle like the rustler it doesn't steer as well. Since you already have the badlands you can still run them on a slash. I do and its a lot more fun while bashing than the standard 2.2/3 set up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by kyles974 View Post

Oh...one quick question.....I don't understand how you get better stability with a truck that is more narrow?
    Is it because of the LCG kit makes it lower than a stock rustler?
    A LCG Slash and a Rusty have about the same ground clearance.

It is more stable because of the longer chassis length.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC poster
    I have a converted rusty/slash and it drives great. I custom made my kit but it has the same dimensions as the STRC It has lost a little turning radius compared to the stock rusty as it is longer, I have put a set of rear arms up (Jang wide mod) front for a wider track and the ability to run the same wheels and tires all around. My LCG 4x4 sits a little higher than the 2wd

RC poster
    also forgot to add: that it is more stable in flight, does not wheelie as much, with the SCT body you do get a little parchute action if you like big jumps

RC Racer
    I did read somewhere about the parachute from body.
    Personal....I'm not a real big fan of the Slash body. I think it's because of the tires being inside. Nothing personal to ones that run it.... (this is why we have gotten so far in rc technology. .....different views )

But great input guys....thank you....thank you....thank you

....and oh....I used like big jumps....20-30ft and 12 plus ft high.... but now I'm enjoying laps with small jumps more fun....oh...and cheaper...lol (not really cheaper becuase I find myself wanting more and more performance/handling. ...guess I got the "racer bug"
    Last edited by kyles974; 11-29-2013 at 09:14 PM.

People usually add the LCG kit to the 2wd HCG Slash which dramatically improves handling because it drops the chassis to the Rustler height.

You may not notice better handling, but you'll like the look better. Uses any standard Slash-sized lid.

People usually add the kit to the Rusty to stretch out the chassis into a short course truck.
    Last edited by O.G.; 11-30-2013 at 01:22 PM.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    You will def notice the difference in handling. Like night and day.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Racer
    I got my 2wd slash lcg kit and my rc screwz kits today to convert my rustler vxl. Then I learned about dynamite screw sets for about the half price.... The LCG chassis conversion was going to be for a new build up from scratch but that can wait until winter. My Slash 4x4 ULT is still amid repairs so I think I might grab a rustler vxl 4wd tomorrow to tide me over.

jconcepts has a few slash speed bodies now. I like the idea, in theory, of wider rustler/slash corner bits on a drag car for RC.
    Last edited by fozzy71; 05-20-2019 at 10:33 PM.

RC Racer
    Old:

vs New:

RC Enthusiast
    That's nice. I have an extra brand new LCG chassis for a 2wd Slash that I am gonna build up.