RC Competitor

Weirdest problem

My sisters brushed slash 2wd was running fine until recently. We were driving it on some ice and then it just stopped. The xl-5 and receiver looked fine, all lights working. Steering didn't work or throttle. I bring it home and open up the receiver box and take out the steering servo to see if the servo was bad. Nope. After a bit more fiddling around, i test the the throttle. Nothing. The steering left. Turns. Steer it right turns, but, also activates the throttle weirdly.

Over all, when you steer it right, it steers and goes forward. No reverse. No brakes

RC Champion
    Did you flip a switch on your controller, go into 70/30 mode or anything?

RC Competitor
    Nope. Same as usual. I did try all the reciever connectors

RC Competitor
    Looks like your Esc is the problem. Maybe start all over again with coupling receiver with the transmitter and calibrate. Futher no idea's
    Slash 2WD lcg Chuckworks & 2WD lcg Traxxas
    Summit

RC Qualifier
    Its either the esc going wack or you flipped a switch on the radio. Take your transmitter out and look at the switches to the right of the ON switch and make sure both of those are put to the left. If your remote is 2.4 GHz look in your manual because I'm outdated and I have three 27 MHz radios

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    And we thought toy grade RC's where cool...

RC Champion
    Sounds to me like you have your ESC and servo both on ch1.. Probably not but that's what it sounds like, ESC should be channel 2.

Sprint S4 | Tapatalk 2
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Kitteh298 View Post
    Sounds to me like you have your ESC and servo both on ch1.. Probably not but that's what it sounds like, ESC should be channel 2.

Sprint S4 | Tapatalk 2
    Thats what it sounds like to me as well, if you pulled any of the plugs out of the receiver you might wish to double check.
    If you did your not alone, I think we've all done it once, I've done it several times, its not hrd as there are two channel ones.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Competitor
    So I think the esc is screwed over. I did mess up on the receiver but put it right. The steering is the only thing that works as of right now. Is there a way to test the esc?

Thnx

RC Qualifier
    I've seen the problem where the truck only steers and I've taken there truck and just blown out different connections and it would start working. The problem is I don't know what connection solved the problem. Before trashing the esc do what I did so you don't waste money if you don't have to.

also activates the throttle weirdly.
    If the esc engaged the motor when plugged in incorrectly it sounds like the esc is functioning correctly.
    It sounds a bit more like the receiver is the culprit.
    Your saying when the esc is plugged into the channel 1 slot it turns the motor with the steering wheel?

RC Competitor
    Ya. Something like that

Quote Originally Posted by bdog325 View Post
    Ya. Something like that
    Imo the receiver is the culprit here, the esc is getting the same single from the receiver on channel one as it would on c#2.
    Plug the servo in to the #2 slot and see if it works with the trigger, if not sure sounds like the receiver to me.

RC Qualifier
    The receiver shouldn't be the problem unless he was playing around with it or one of the plugs came loose. Its the transmitter, make sure every thing is on the right channel.

Quote Originally Posted by CBD55 View Post
    The receiver shouldn't be the problem unless he was playing around with it or one of the plugs came loose. Its the transmitter, make sure every thing is on the right channel.

Could be the transmitter but he said he plugged the receiver in wrong in a previous post.
    Either way it doesn't sound like the esc.
    I've never been one to say something is or isn't the issue, just voice opinions.
    I've worked on 1:1 cars for 34 years but these new rc's are still unprecedented and at times evanescent to me.
    Just thought plugging the servo into channel 2 would pin point the issue.