RC Racer

New Alias, first air rc, couple of questions

Hey there, just picked up an Alias at the lhs Black Friday sale. Early xmas for me I've wanted to try a quad for some time now so I thought I'd pull the trigger.

This is my first air rc, so I'm pretty excited. I did a little test flight in my house after charging up the bat. Not going to do that again until I get more comfortable with it.

One question, I've always waterproofed my rcs with liquid electrical tape or silicone grease on the rx and esc boards. Wondering if you can do the same thing with the rx board on these. I'd like to do some flying outside, but we've got snow on the ground already, and I just want to make sure I don't short anything out. Any suggestions?

I also found one thing of note on my Alias. The black wire on one of the rear motors was pinched between the main leg and led lens and was outside of the leg. I pulled it apart to see if there was any damage to the wire. It definitely pinched the wire casing, and I can see the wire but it doesn't appear to be broken. I will get ahold of Latrax about this and see what they say.

Later,
    Ryan

With the four rubber bumpers on the bottom if you land on some packed snow or shoveled driveway you should be fine. If you put anything on the circuit board just make sure u can still unplug the motor wires because some have burned them up quite a few times. And try to keep it as even as a coat on the whole thing as you can, otherwise if more is on the front than the rear or something like that it will want to fly forwards, but you can easily adjust the trim to fix that.
    115 mph Heavily Moddified Slash 4x4 on 6s

RC Racer
    I usually split open the rx/esc and brush on just enough to cover the solder points. I would probably just use the dielectric grease around the motor plugs. Thats what I typically put in my rxs, I'll cover the board, put the case back together, fill the area the plugs go and then plug them in so it coats the plugs as well. I've been using this method on my monster trucks and they've survived lots of mud & snow.

As for the damaged wire, I ran another pack thru it and that motor definitely seems a bit slower. I tried to trim it out but it just seems to keep lagging slightly. I'll have to see what customer support says.

Ryan