RC Qualifier

Question Team blue star shocks

I went through about 10 pages of search results and got about 50/50 on like dislike.I am looking at getting new shocks somthing like the big bores but with some looks to them and threaded bodys.

Id rather run 8 then 4 just because ive seen alot of threads about 4 being hard to set up etc. So does any one run the blue star shocks? Hows their customer support?

Since alot of people are going to recommend ofna and ue shocks (4). Are they hard to set up? This is going to be a basher only... Big jumps etc.
    Last edited by N2N3.3; 03-02-2008 at 05:19 PM.
    Preetiness is a light switch away

RC Champion
    If you want to change out your shock towers there are much better shocks available. Buy you some UE Knucklehead shock tower's and 4 UE Super shocks. You will not regret it. As far as bearings go look at Avid rc bearings, $1.00 each for most bearing and they are excellent quality.

RC Champion
    I had Team Blue Star shocks. While they looked nice (blue aluminum threaded bodies with that bright yellow for the springs), they leaked like no end. I replaced them with 4 Ofna shocks, UE Racerx Springs, and UE knucklehead towers. I am definitely much happier with the 4 shock setup...
    HPI Baja 5B
    T-maxx--->Going E ----> back to T

RC Qualifier
    Anyone else use these??? Input on the 4 shock set up??

RC Champion
    4 shock setup is great, less clutter and great performance; using 4 racerx now. I had big bores before, they were good...just weren't strong enough to hold up an all alum maxx.

RC Qualifier
    No supershocks on ebay atm. I found four ofnas listed by billy but they have no info on them he just has alum ofna shocks and thats it. No lengths or nothing they arnt threaded either.

Prob a stupid question but why cant you only run four big bores etc? Shouldnt they hold up also?

RC Qualifier
    there are some UE supershocks on ebay now with blue springs

As for Team Bluestar, their products are rubbish. I bent one of their 'heavy duty titanium' turnbuckles with my bare hands

jordan

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the update these must of just been listed or I missed them. I searched all day yesterday passing time.

RC poster
    I bought a set from the seller on ebay ,they where supposed to be silver got gun metal gray ,they refuse to make it right ,they do not have a functioning web site ,the machine work looks okay ,tuning on shocks is everything for the handling of a car or truck ,ride height is critical ,vehicle tires ,shock adjustment also critical ,the weight of oil in the shocks also effect the vehicle performance ,the adjustment is easy just tighten spring preload to set ride height ,but I can not recommend blue star shocks ,the customer service is non existent ,and how will I get rebuild seals ,I am going to go with a set of shocks with external reservoir ,so they have a larger oil capacity ,something like integy's or traxxas upgraded shocks ,8 shocks is a bad idea if the chassis did not come set up that way as the chassis is plastic ,unless you upgrade the chassis also ,the best way to set up any race car or truck is make sure the chassis is as rigid as possible then tune with tires and shocks ,you will also want to change spindles and control arms to billet ,as the flex in stock plastic arms will effect vehicle performance, so there is more than one way to skin the cat , it just depends on your budget ,if you are on a limited budget with a stock vehicle leave it stock ,it is very tunable in stock form with tires and adjusting the shock spring preload and different springs .

I'd pass on Team Blue Star shocks.... Better off with either 8 Traxxas Big Bores OFNA LX shocks or UE Supershocks... I've seen more leaky Team Blue Star shocks than I care for.

4 shocks are a little tricky to adjust (more sensitive).. But also your putting the same amount of stain on 4 points of the shock tower instead of the 8 it was designed. IF you go with a 4 shock setup and you want to dial it in right then aluminum shock towers and bulks are also recommended to complete the job...
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall