Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
Results 1,121 to 1,145 of 1145
    RC Enthusiast

I upgraded my FPV system to 1.3Ghz running on 1258\1280. The transmitter is 400mW with a 2.4Ghz notch filter using a stock whip antenna

The receiver is 900Mhz to 1.3Ghz with built in SAW upgrade, using a 11dBi biquad antenna.

I am running the signal through a RCA to VGA upscale converter into a Samsung 1080p monitor when at home and a portable 7 inch diversity monitor for away from home.
    Last edited by SlashFPV; 03-22-2018 at 05:07 PM.
    Dig Life

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by SlashFPV View Post

I upgraded my FPV system to 1.3Ghz running on 1258\1280. The transmitter is 400mW with a 2.4Ghz notch filter using a stock whip antenna

The receiver is 900Mhz to 1.3Ghz with built in SAW upgrade, using a 11dBi biquad antenna.

I am running the signal through a RCA to VGA upscale converter into a Samsung 1080p monitor when at home and a portable 7 inch diversity monitor for away from home.
    Do you have a HAM license? do you ever get harassed by authorities? I was under the impression that FCC required a license for anything over 250mW?

RC Enthusiast
    Do you have a HAM license? do you ever get harassed by authorities? I was under the impression that FCC required a license for anything over 250mW?
    No I do not, but I am taking the test in April, I have a study book and videos by David Casler to help, the test is only 15 dollars and if you do not pass you can keep on taking it until you do, the 15 is a one time fee!
    I have not had any problems as of yet, but I have only used this system around the neighborhood, I live in a small farming community though, it might be different in a bigger city.
    Last edited by SlashFPV; 03-23-2018 at 12:23 AM.
    Dig Life

took the slash and rustler to the park with my girlfriend earlier this afternoon. She see's me working on the cars at the house and driving them around the yard but she's never seen what they are capable of in wide open areas. She needs a lot of practice feathering the throttle lol. Its probably my fault for starting her off on 3S. The tires on both vehicles lost about 50% of tread life . Next weekend I want her to try the X-Maxx...

I was shocked to hear her say she wants a car of her own! I want her to have something she can drive on road and off so I think a slash is probably the best choice. I'm in the process of building a monster slash for myself and it looks like I need to build two. Definitely getting her a 2S battery once I get the car together.
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Competitor
    Got me a slash raptor today .. neat little truck that needs a tad more power / speed.

Quote Originally Posted by NYbandit33 View Post
    took the slash and rustler to the park with my girlfriend earlier this afternoon. She see's me working on the cars at the house and driving them around the yard but she's never seen what they are capable of in wide open areas. She needs a lot of practice feathering the throttle lol. Its probably my fault for starting her off on 3S. The tires on both vehicles lost about 50% of tread life . Next weekend I want her to try the X-Maxx...

I was shocked to hear her say she wants a car of her own! I want her to have something she can drive on road and off so I think a slash is probably the best choice. I'm in the process of building a monster slash for myself and it looks like I need to build two. Definitely getting her a 2S battery once I get the car together.
    You are the luckyest man on the forums :-)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Haha thanks. She has no desire to work on the cars but she’ll grab the remote and drive them around. Ill take what I can get! I think the guy who bought my 4x4 pede last year got it for his wife. Thought that was pretty cool
    Monster Baja Sla2h VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    Going back from MT to sct setup and preparing my 2wd for my backyard track. This thing is great in every way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, for the last 2 weeks, my Slash has been sitting happily in a box taken apart cause I cleaned it, bought a new part for it, and then used its servo for another build I was doing. So I need to put it back together this weekend. lol. Try to get it up and running.
    If you ain't getting dirty, you ain't having fun.

RC Qualifier

Found a new ProLine Pro2 chassis and swapped it out with my Traxxas LCG chassis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Killed the driveshaft making this video, but it was worth it! Time for an upgrade!

https://youtu.be/SEJSeoUp7oQ

Quote Originally Posted by RogerMuchmore View Post
    Killed the driveshaft making this video, but it was worth it! Time for an upgrade!

https://youtu.be/SEJSeoUp7oQ
    Haha, love your attitude towards your drive shaft breaking! I love breaking parts cause it really does mean Upgrades.

I have a deadlline of this Sunday to get my Slash up and running. lol. Hope I can make it. Missing a Servo, my Transmission, and I think thats it...

RC poster
    New rpm brand front end. Metal bulkhead, new rpm hubs and bearings in the front and rear. New arms in the front. Lcg chassis.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by chopperguy View Post
    Found a new ProLine Pro2 chassis and swapped it out with my Traxxas LCG chassis.
    this is really cool and i want to cut an lcg chassis to around this size, your wiring considerable and

RC poster
    broke it and fixed it

Got my slash built, upgraded the steering to aluminum, the toe links, and camber links. All in red. The Servo then decided to break loose. I had an extra servo with me, threw it in, found out it was broken. lol. My friend kept trying to drive it with the servo not working. But as soon as he would drive it, the servo would fall out of place and steering wouldn't work. It really sucks, cause the servo still works, but the braces broke on it, so its basically useless for now. Now, its just sitting around waiting for a servo.

RC poster
    Added a glitch buster. Picked up some new pinion gears.

RC Racer
    Stripped a pinion set screw

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    I have a new st racing bulkhead to put on .. new cham links big bore shocks .. ubec running on it's own batteries to power receiver and servo with on off swich and a new motor
    Take it or leave it

RC Racer
    Wow I actually remembered my password after 5 years!

Looking to get back into things with my Slash. Still rockin the Tundra body and saw a new pro line one that I like, might get that for the realistic look. Good to see this forum still going.
    El que se rie, de sus maldades se acuersa.

RC Racer
    Took it out from under the bed and remembered why I parked it. Last thing I did was a serious nose dive off a speed bump and snapped the old chassis. I replaced it with the LCG one in hideous blue, but failed to realize that my rear shock tower cracked.

Looked it over today making a mental shopping list.
    Rear shock tower
    Rear arms (while I'm in there may as well, noticed the screw on the left side is backing itself out)
    Front arms so I don't have to worry about front vs rear wheels.
    Need a new set of tires, at least a pair since I'm down to one nice pair.

Considering different shocks, potentially aluminum bodies. I don't care about capacity, just want a better seal and need to explore stronger springs. Time to study options, less packages means less wife questions.

RC Racer
    Got a box of parts in the mail. Spent 3 hours taking my truck apart to install new rear arms, rear shock tower, front arms, new front tires, rebuilt my shocks and swapped springs, then aligned front end.

Front end alignment was really good first try, camber and toe worked great. Problem is I test drove in the dark and managed to run into my own leg. Didn't seem bad until I noticed my steering was no longer working, snapped the servo horn. Back to the bench, forgot how fun it is to not be able to drive my slash.

RC Champion
    Running the old money pit sl2sh every week is a blast
    100C 3s 32P trans with better bumper mount rocks
    Nose up fun

Have you beat your Slash lately
    fabricator

RC Champion
    Beat on it again
    The rear shock tower turnbuckle ear broke clean off
    at lipo storage voltage

Sending it round happy laps
    fabricator