Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    this should be one of the sticky's up on the top of the forum
    When I ain't at school I'm racing my Slash

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliBasher00 View Post
    By the way I am still figuring out how to post images .
    Go to tinypic.com

Sign up,Upload pictures there and everytime you do..You will see a link for forums,chats.
    Right click the box and copy and paste it into the Slash forum.

Changed shock pistons on back shocks, changed stock white springs to black springs on all corners, and stiffened up the shocks by adding more shock oil. Bashed her in front of my house and went down the street to run her on gravel. She flipped, nothing unusual, and gonna drift outside on my deck after my battery charges. That's what I did with my Slash today. What did you do today?

RC Competitor

What did you do to your Slash today?

Sent my Mamba Monster 2 back to Castle to find out they won't be back in stock until the end of the month. Yet when I go to there website it says in stock for purchase.

Anyways replaced all the bearings with ABEC 5 rated bearings to see if they hold up or preform any better. Thinking about 17mm adapters. Wanting to bash again!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Been neglecting my slash lately. Been playing with my summit and other rc's lately. Broke out the slash and did some playing with outside today. Also made some speed runs and clocked it at 48 mph on a 3s.

RC poster
    What roll cage is that

RC Competitor
    I picked up another one. Got a used Slash 2WD with no motor or ESC for $25 off craigslist. Everything else is there. Just finished outing the LCG chassis on now and going to order a Sidewinder for it.

I rolled it across the garage. That's what I did with my Slash today. Lol

Gonna get a vintage nitro tomorrow but for my Slash probably just gonna bash it and gonna upload video I made after school about jumping her.

RC Competitor
    Broke my first A arm. Two years of hard bashing and I just now broke an a arm.

Quote Originally Posted by AMOuellette View Post
    Broke my first A arm. Two years of hard bashing and I just now broke an a arm.

bruh. how? after 2 years?!?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by h2rac3r View Post
    bruh. how? after 2 years?!?
    Luck is all I can guess. I even hit the skate park a few times.

RC Champion
    Wow I've done both front, and got rears replaced as well with all rpm so it doesn't happen again. Taken some serious beating to do so though.
    2wd Slash VXL, 2wd Slash 9t , E Maxx 2200kv ,Trx4

RC Competitor
    Yeah I already got the RPM arms a log one ago and figured I would have used them by now but nope. Now to try and break them on my Slash 4x4. I have those arms already to go also.

RC Enthusiast
    Went to the bmx track here in Uppsala.
    Was a bit to much snow for the stock tires, luckily it was quite hard so I could drive on top if I was easy on the throttle.
    Had a good time.

After some jumps I landed on the nose and the battery slipped out and broke the esc mounts. :/

RC Enthusiast
    Took her out in some snow, nice little half inch coating, did some sweet drifts, lvd ruined my fun

RC poster
    Turned it on for the first time. It also happen to be the first time I've driven anything RC in 25 years. Gotta say it's, it's pretty awesome.

Mightve broke the engine. If you go to the other thread that I just made then you can see. Don't know how it broke. But I might get an early bday present with the VXL system. Just need to ask parents.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    I went racing with a VXL 3s using 4s. It over heated and smoked up on the track. I got permission to run to it and take it off the track, but I just decided to try and fire it up. Esc turned on and I won the race somehow. Right next to me in trouble shooting and doing tests to see how screwed it. It's passed so far and it has absolutely no problems except slightly more cogging and it is making a faint thumping noise. Thumbs up right now though!

RC Competitor

Went bashing, then got sick of the rear end sag (its actually worse then pictured). So i disassembled and cleaned the rear suspension, then used dry lube (for bicycle) on the pins. It moves so free now! Working on the pre-load next run, if that doesn't help I'll start trying the various springs I have.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeeenuuutt View Post
    I went racing with a VXL 3s using 4s. It over heated and smoked up on the track. I got permission to run to it and take it off the track, but I just decided to try and fire it up. Esc turned on and I won the race somehow. Right next to me in trouble shooting and doing tests to see how screwed it. It's passed so far and it has absolutely no problems except slightly more cogging and it is making a faint thumping noise. Thumbs up right now though!
    That's awesome man!!!

RC Qualifier
    Got mine switched over from running the dirt track to running turf as the local track just switched over. Totally different baseline.

RC Enthusiast
    Crashed it of course! Upgraded the motor to a castle after I burned out the other by using bigger wheels. Knew I was in for some breakages with the new motor being much faster!!!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by topslop1 View Post
    Crashed it of course! Upgraded the motor to a castle after I burned out the other by using bigger wheels. Knew I was in for some breakages with the new motor being much faster!!!
    yeah... I had an sct combo with 2s on my stampede 4x4, imo, it was too fast for where and how I drive, it spent more time with broken parts than not.

onto my "slow" slash, I spent 2 packs working on suspension setup today. Adjusting pre-load, front shock angle, toe, and camber. It seems to be much better, I wish I could keep the current front rate/ stiffness, but gain more down travel.

here's a picture from before...

RC poster
    Installed new lights (front and back) while waiting for Traxxas to ship my receiver (which they forgot to put in the package they sent me a week ago). http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-SLAS...cAAOSwjDZYi8sO

Also bought one kit for my son's Slash and it's awesome. Well-made and no unplugging to do when removing the cover.
    ---
    Traxxas Slash 2WD VXL w/TSM
    iCharger 106B+

RC Qualifier xXxXxverifiedxXxXx's Avatar
    I cleaned up and put fresh tires on my slash for the 1st time since July.... feels good.

Just 1 mph more!

RC poster

painted my first body ever (VW Full fender Baja body,)

https://youtu.be/R_GtIzSICbs

RC poster
    Installed my TSM receiver which I finally received from a RMA... Now the lights can work.

Last edited by ChristianCaron; 03-08-2017 at 06:05 PM.
    ---
    iCharger 106B+

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianCaron View Post
    Installed my TSM receiver which I finally received from a RMA... Now the lights can work.

Where did you get those lights and how much do they cost? Need lights for night bashing, if you were wondering.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by h2rac3r View Post
    Where did you get those lights and how much do they cost? Need lights for night bashing, if you were wondering.
    Got them on eBay from murat-rc.pl (from Poland) for about $42USD shipping included. Expect 4-6 weeks to get them, but well worth the wait. Requires 2 free ports in your receiver, or you'll need a Y harness. He also sells front or rear alone. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-SLAS...cAAOSwjDZYi8sO
    ---
    iCharger 106B+

Thanks man.

I looked at mine and set it back on a shelf because I like it not scratched up and broken that and I didn't want to wait on a battery to charge
    if you fall, I'll catch you! - Your Floor

RC Competitor
    Mounted my new street fighters to my split sixes will see how it handles the track tonight. Taking both boys up with me with their trucks as well for some family fun.

Put on my new motor. Still have to calibrate ESC.

RC Competitor
    Broke my rear number, servo arm and body mount on one bad landing. Wish I could say it's time for upgrades but the bumper and body mounts were already RPM and Proline parts.

RC Qualifier
    Today I worked on my girlfriend's Slash VXL build.
    I'm not a huge fan of the Slash, but I had sooo many extra Stampede parts I thought I would built her something new.
    She chose a Slash chassis. I'm trying a wider Rustler rear end instead of the shorter Slash A arms.
    Hopefully that will help the stability a bit. Also it will allow me to run my rim/tire sets for Stampedes and Rustlers.

Had an absolute blast. Had a great run on 2S yesterday but some of the hinge pins on the arms and shoulder screws on the upper shock mounts started backing out so I brought it home. Put a drop of super glue on all the threads and tightened them back up. Geared down from 25/83 to 23/83 and went back to the same park only this time on 3S. The Slash ran flawless and the Sidewinder SCT did great on 3S. Outside temp was about 70 and I ran a full 4100 pack through it and only saw motor temps up to 150!!!
    Rustler | MERV | Summit | Slash Ultimate | Slash

Yesterday I made a Snow ramp. Now melted but I caught some gnarly air

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier

Finally got a chance to go race today, went well except for a breaking a shock end and a rear end issue that I'll need to address before next Sunday.

Made another snow ramp and caught, even more, air. So happy.

Went to a different park on 3S was going well until I jumped an embankment and didn't realize the other side was a ditch full of nasty water. Landed right in the middle of it. Glad they are waterproof but I don't like getting it wet. Spent more time cleaning it than I did running it today.
    Rustler | MERV | Summit | Slash Ultimate | Slash

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast