Makes me dizzy...LOL
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

Yeah, it kinda does. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by iZach98 View Post

I would think with the gearing you are using with a 3800 kv motor your temps would be a little higher. Maybe you weren't running it that hard...... But of course the weather was quite cold during your run.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

Yes it was cold. Oh I wouldn't say that I don't run it hard. I really push these trucks and they hold up great! Sometime I borrow my dads 3s 4000mah Lipo and run it a few times, mainly for speed runs. I've gotten put to 41mph
    That's on 3s geared at 28/86 (same system

RC Competitor
    Painted the protrac kit, installed it , mounted badlands on the split six wheels hat came w/ the kit. Burnt up the titan motor finally, upgraded to vxl sys. so far couldn't be happier.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by gulay760 View Post
    Painted the protrac kit, installed it , mounted badlands on the split six wheels hat came w/ the kit. Burnt up the titan motor finally, upgraded to vxl sys. so far couldn't be happier.
    any pics gulay760

RC Qualifier
    ur not going to get that hot when its cold out. this past summer while in florida. it was 90 degrees plus - and we stayed right about 140 on 23/86 with trenchers on a clay track. we stopped n took a break every 15 minutes. oh n thats with a 2s 30c 5000mah spc lipo.

It was 25 Deg F outside when I was running the truck

EDIT: here is a vid of it doing some donuts, let me know what ya think
    http://youtu.be/QqEKNz4oo6A
    "Jedi Master"

RC Champion
    It was 25 Deg F outside when I was running the truck

EDIT: here is a vid of it doing some donuts, let me know what ya think
    http://youtu.be/QqEKNz4oo6A
    haha nice vid zach

^Thanks, glad u liked it!
    Also I wanted to show my dad my locked diff. So I threw a 3s Lipo in and an old set of tires and he said let's smoke em! So we did! We got the tires up to 207 deg F with smoke and all! Here is a pic
    It was real fun, except the basement was full of smoke, and still smells like fresh rubber! Lol motor only got to 123 deg F, so now I gotta clean up the rubber before my mom comes home! lol it was worth the tires (even though they were half bald already) I'll post a vid in a few min. After repairing the only broken part, a driveshaft. Had one laying around.

Ok so I took a few videos and put them into one, here ya go! http://youtu.be/y2E-YJ58Qs8

RC Competitor
    I was trying to put pics but wasn't successful. Any tips on that, I can't believe it's that complicated. And I thought I am pretty good with computers. lol

finally can post pics. Thx tapatalk

Last edited by cooleocool; 03-22-2014 at 09:54 AM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    Attempted to lower my trucks cg by replacing the steel screws and locknuts used to hold the number plates on with aluminum screws and plastic nuts. Also replaced the homemade body mounts that used a steel spacer with cut down plastic ones. Hopfully that'll help me out a little on the track.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier

Mounted some jconcepts g locs on my slash

RC poster
    Just recieved a Slash 2wd roller, and built it up, with stuff i already had around.. It came with Black RPM arms (front/rear), red titanium turnbuckles up front (upper & lower), blue anodized shock caps, rear RPM steering knuckles, camo shock socks, and Pro-Line body mount kit.. I've already added some spare wheels and tires, new blue antennae tube w/ cap, blue RPM nerf bars, blue transmission dust cap (RPM), HPI servo, integy alum. heatsink/fan for motor, Traxxas blue body clip retainers, & blue turnbuckles from traxxas to replace red ones...
    Leaning towards the blue LCG Chassis, Pro-Trac suspension & Drive shaft kits, & Big bore shocks.... currently wearing a HobbyWing 5.5T 6000kv motor w/ HobbyWing 120amp Esc !!!!

Easier to build a Slash, from a bare chassis, than to post a pic on this forum..
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-22-2014 at 09:56 AM. Reason: merge
    Rustler Beast, Fiesta Drifter, Slash Roadripper

RC Competitor
    Use tapatalk app. Way easier

2wd Slash , slayer pro 4x4

RC Qualifier

Mailman brought a present so be installing this later today on my rusty to slash lcg tonight!

RC Competitor
    Installed the following parts:
    3652X - Red Stub Carriers
    3636X - Red Steering Blocks
    3743X - Red Steering Bellcranks
    3632X - Red Caster Blocks

Parts on the way this week are Castle Sidewinder system 5700k and battery expansion kit.
    EMaxx 3903 / Revo 3.3 5309 / Slash 2wd 58034

RC Competitor
    yea. Broke a castor block. Now I got the red aluminum upgrade. Woot woot lol

2wd Slash , slayer pro 4x4

My first crash! Not that bad...
    So I was going full speed on a field and I drifted into a fence post on the outer part of the field (where I was standing) and apparently that kind of impact breaks thing lol check out the photos

Good thing my tekno driveshafts are gonna be here on Thursday!

So I found a spare driveshaft and also I got my Proline Extended Body Mounts. So far they look great and I love the adjustability on these. And I'm liking the screw caps instead of body pins so far.

Last edited by cooleocool; 03-22-2014 at 09:56 AM. Reason: merge

RC Racer
    Got bored today

RC Competitor
    Installed a Castle Creations Sidewinder 3 with a 5700KV motor. Need to find a smaller pinion though (need a 14t). Its fast on the top end but I could use more bottom end. Soon as the snow melts, we are gonna have some fuuuuuun!

RC Champion
    I run the same Castle 5700kv motor in one of my 2wd Slashes geared at 18/90 and has a top speed of 42 mph on 2s. The low is good with my set up...... JMO...
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Competitor
    Orca, do you have any over heating problems with 18/90 on the 5700kv motor? Just seems high to me, Castle recommends 12-16t

Quote Originally Posted by nitrousmouse View Post
    Castle recommends 12-16t
    First of all Castle doesn't know what their own systems can handle. With my SCT 3800kv in my 2wd slash, I have geared mine 28/86 on 3s, and they "recommend" 19/90 lol they really make me laugh! So I just make sure my system doesn't get over 180 and I'm fine. Also when I had It geared 28/86 on 3s the temps only got to 130 deg F, nothing for this system. It could handle even more. So my point is Castle doesn't know how to gear their systems.

RC Qualifier

What did you do to your Slash today?

Agree to disagree - can u push more in cooler temps absolutely. Are they telling u how to get the best bang for ur buck with out carelessly over taxing ur system - yep. I've gotten mine up to 160 with in 15 minutes geared 23/86 on 2s. N also 15 minutes for 19/90. Spring n Summer temps. They r telling u how to for the most part run without problems. Understandably we can all choose to go beyond the recommendation from the company, but should also be careful in suggesting for others to do so.
    Last edited by Rc_REV; 02-27-2014 at 11:02 PM.
    "Jedi Master"

First of all Castle doesn't know what their own systems can handle. With my SCT 3800kv in my 2wd slash, I have geared mine 28/86 on 3s, and they "recommend" 19/90 lol they really make me laugh! So I just make sure my system doesn't get over 180 and I'm fine. Also when I had It geared 28/86 on 3s the temps only got to 130 deg F, nothing for this system. It could handle even more. So my point is Castle doesn't know how to gear their systems.

I would think castle puts hundreds of hours researching their products to as Rc Rev stated supply the best bang for your dollar.
    I can't add much to the Revs comment but agree 100% that proclaiming one of the biggest names in rc is incompetent and a single rc enthusiast has more knowledge of their product is a frivolous statement.
    I hear people running 3s in the sidewinder saying its no problem but in the summer drag racing two quick runs and my esc was 140f.
    I've run 6s thru my 2650 which is rated for 4s, however I would never recommend it nor would I be upset if the motor blew apart as I would be getting what I deserved.
    In short sir most of us push our systems past recommendations but to comment the company is ignorant will result in a conflict with their warranty department.
    Not trying to be rude sir but if you reread your post you'll see what we're saying.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

Yes, I know I went a little overboard there but I know castle has to recommend something to start, because gearing really depends on your situation. I do realize that you can gear up in the winter as temps aren't as much of an issue.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrousmouse View Post
    Orca, do you have any over heating problems with 18/90 on the 5700kv motor? Just seems high to me, Castle recommends 12-16t
    I did have motor temps in the 140 to 160* at first when running in the sand at Glamis with paddles, and those were long hard runs, so I would have to let it cool down in between runs.

I then installed a motor fan and a Hot Racing tranny with the metal motor mount and since then temps stay around 110 to 115*.

I have used this setup for 1 1/2 years now with the same motor and ESC.... It runs and performs just fine for me and my driving style. On occasion I will run 17/90 on a short track and even an 18/86.

I also think and believe that keeping the drive train very free helps eliminate drag/load that adds to higher temps... Just my thoughts to keep repairs down to a minimum and longevity of my rides.....

Driving style, terrain etc also determine motor and ESC temps.
    Last edited by orca44; 02-28-2014 at 02:03 PM.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Enthusiast
    Got some practice in at the track today... and every other day this week

Finally the weather's good enough that I can come to the track prepared, and I'm feeling a lot better about my second race tomorrow. Here's to finishing!
    Last edited by d3phext; 02-28-2014 at 06:21 PM.

RC Champion
    Thanks for sharing your video and good luck in tomorrows race...... I'm sure you'll do fine.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

Ran a 3s through it today, and towards the end of my run I was wondering why the steering was so crappy. I picked it up and the front hub carrier broke. I think that happened when I crashed into a fence post lol. Here is a video http://youtu.be/7wvx_mDJWv0

Also here are some pics

Last edited by cooleocool; 03-22-2014 at 09:55 AM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    A little racing at the local track.

Sent from my S4 using tapatalk

I found some mud, ran it through with 2s then a 3s also with no gear cover no problems. It actually works better without the gear cover even with 48p gears! Through Mud!! I can't believe it. I haven't chipped my gear yet...
    Pics
    I put the stock BF GoodRich "Mud Terrain" because I blew the PL badlands off my PL beadloc's

RC Enthusiast
    I played with my in the snow had a blast!

RC Champion
    Can't believe you didn't have gear issues with all that mud and dirt etc. How is the clean up going? LOL
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by orca44 View Post
    Can't believe you didn't have gear issues with all that mud and dirt etc. How is the clean up going? LOL
    Yeah I know the gears are fine. For clean up I just hose it off lol, that's why I upgraded to the WP SCT Esc
    So I just hose it off. So much easier now.

I made a built in roll cage cause the rear of my body is destroyed so I cut it up and here's what I got.

So my roll cage didn't hold up. I jumped and rolled over. And into pieces it went lol. But i just fixed it. Here are pics gonna test it out tomorrow...

Last edited by cooleocool; 03-22-2014 at 09:53 AM. Reason: merge

Holly smokes your body is becoming less and less.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    Holly smokes your body is becoming less and less.
    Lol, yeah i know. From the back of the cab to the rear was destroyed. So i did some surgery with the dremel and chopped the back off. Cant wait to see how this holds up. Hopefully till i can order a new body.

RC Champion
    The rear tires seem to have a lot of toe in.... How many degrees? Looks excessive from the picture...
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast