Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Robn69 View Post
    all done for now
    And i know dc stickers on backwards fixed now lol.

RC Qualifier
    Put Novak bearings in the 3800kv motor,Traxxas 4WD driveshafts on the 2WD,New rear bearings from TRBRC and Brought the Truck to life and very quiet rolling.

RC Champion
    My boss and I were on a road trip today and found the snow conditions adjacent I-84 south of LaGrande, Oregon to be perfect for bashing & powerslides.
    There was about 6" of snow with a nice frozen crust on top, thick enough to hold up the Slash but not thick enough to support a person's weight. I've only ever driven my 2wd Stampede in snow (and that was the wet, sticky, slushy stuff), never my 4wd Slash and it was an absolute blast! I wish I had a GoPro or something to take some decent video but it was absolutely awesome. There was just enough loose, dry, snowy grit to throw up a slight roostertail but not enough to get bogged down.
    Lesson of the day: Always bring your Slash to work if you can!

Best of all, there was a draw/valley that provided a perfect half-pipe for testing the limits of traction. Probably not worth the 300-mile drive by itself, but it was fun and totally opened my eyes to snow bashing.

EDIT: Sorry, I just realized that posted in the wrong forum, sorry. I meant to post in the 4x4, but hopefully you enjoy the picture.
    Last edited by OSU Beaver 99; 01-23-2015 at 11:45 PM.

RC Racer
    Lcg chassis and new springs.

RC Qualifier
    Finally got my powerstroke shocks on last night and tonight finally got some time to finish cutting out the new body I have for it and marking up where to paint what. Now it just needs to be washed and ready to paint, hopefully next week. But tried out some of the bob dively liquid masking film and works great on a practice piece. Cant wait to start painting the body.

RC Qualifier
    Bike :::: You can scrub the inside with a scrub pad with soapy water for the paint to stick better.

I replaced One bell Crank because I hit a palm tree head-on.I used JB Weld to glue the pieces back and Didnt work even after a 24 hour drying period.Under $4.00 for 3 pieces and only needed 1.

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    With the approaching snowstorm, I got to thinking about adding a set of skis to the front end. I used some pieces of threshold mounting strips, some bent aluminum, and a handful of screws and spacers. Turned out pretty well. I knew it wasn't going to be the sturdiest, but I was doing this in the wee hours of the morning, and I ran out of time. I'm off work again tonight, so I'll be looking to improve on my efforts. I did take it out today and it worked really well until things started to loosen up a bit. Still, they made it through three packs before things were getting out of control.

Running the largest tires I had on hand that would fit. Some of the beads popped, but these are more suited to the slow speed of my scale trucks!

Just running my overtray. Makes things easier when changing batteries out in the slop.

A close up of my project. Just looked around and built from on hand stuff.

Playin' outside.

These big soft tires really hook up!

Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the tip cyclone, back a bit ago when I was buying all the goods to do a body I did pick up a soft scrub pad. Always welcome any tips. I'm just waiting till next week to start painting. Its hard to get anything done when life has two jobs, family, and everything else in between. I've got a few more decals to order for the final touches. I'm hoping I'm not getting to crazy with some of the color scheme.

RC Qualifier
    Well...I thought I would screw around on the road and see how fast I could get my truck going and watching my niece chase it down the road. Long story short, I went full 3S lipo speed into my sister inlaws van tire.

That's what I did to my slash today.

Most cut the back or front edge of doors to accomodate wires. A nice clean cut with a utility knife and looks almost factory. Even with smaller gauge wire its pain with factory holes.
    The got2go gives both it's ratings. 60c continous and 120c burst rate. When you give it full throttle. Hence the back flips at 40+. They are the most powerful packs I've found hands down. But the spc 2s packs I bought for my crawler are probably the second best, but way more affordable. I have tried the spc 3s yet only 2s and I like them .
    [IMG][/IMG]

Edited for language abuse/bypassing the language filter. Please do not use symbols to get around the language filter.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 01-27-2015 at 09:35 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Holy Smokes!

RC Qualifier
    Ouch. That's going to cost you. Bet your niece thought it was cool and laughing, not trying to be mean.

RC Racer

Glued the new mashers and tested them out. Need better gearing.

RC Qualifier
    Got my Anodized Shock bodies and installed the New 2 piece Pistons

RC Racer
    Made some swaybars so the suspension isn't so loose at speed.

RC poster
    I ran my truck at lunch yesterday took its temp. She's running a fever on 3s w/ 23/86 I got a bunch of passes in and stayed in the mid-hundreds. At the end I went over 200.
    I just recently brought the truck out of retirement. It's been a blast with the new battery. Now I just need to keep it cooler. I've hit 57mph with the current gearing. My goal was to break 60mph with the current set up.

RC Qualifier
    I made some mud and the raptor crawled threw it and actually did good..... until the spur stripped also hydroplaned my creek.
    Don't force it out. GET A BIGGER HAMMER!!

RC Qualifier

How about this action shot!!!! Looks pretty sweet doesn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Empty wallet View Post

How about this action shot!!!! Looks pretty sweet doesn't it.
    WOW!! Any carnage after landing???

RC Qualifier
    nope and that was only half throttle

RC Enthusiast
    Clocked 61mph in my new 4s/Tekin t8 setup. Not setting any records I know, but the fastest thing I've driven to this point, and it's easily faster than my friend's e-revo which had this motor in it before. It's pretty neat to see your front tires ballooning... on a 2WD

five minutes later the fun ended abruptly, but oh well. It was just my "test fit" gear case anyway and I have a new one ready to dremel out and go.

RC Competitor
    I smashed mine in a mud pit, drove though 1 ft deep puddle, raced my friend on his bike (he has no knowledge of traxxas quality or technology) and charged the battery. LOL
    Do not take life too seriously, you won't survive.

RC Qualifier
    Just finished bashing my 2wd brushless slash in 2-3in snow. I have 2.8 trenchers with snow chains and it awesome. Without chains u won't move

RC Enthusiast
    Got my radio hooked up and scared the crap out of the kids with the OBA when I turned it on for the first time. Waiting for Friday to get paid and order up the last few pieces so I can drive it. Needs a motor, front and rear arms and tie rods/camber links.

RC Qualifier
    Yesterday the boy and me we running in the dirt rode by our house. Racing each other and making some good jumps. While there we had some neighborhood kids walking by and asked if the could try the the trucks out. Being polite I said no very nicely, there not just your cheap quality rc's and I did not want the destroyed. Than later a guy on a three wheeler with his kid on the back stopped to check them out. Wanted to know more about them. He was talking about getting some for his boys and him. Need to say a bit later my boy broke his truck, now waiting to be fixed. But I did get time last name night to finally start painting some ofbody my truck.

RC Competitor
    Put in a 2s lip battery and installed my pro line street fighter tires!

RC poster
    Rebuilt my first slash 2wd transmission last weekend. Went down to an 86 spur gear. Using a castle sct combo. Even on a 3s temps are low.

RC Qualifier
    Slash got chased by a taxi prius doing a U-turn with old ladies in the taxi prius.He clipped the SCT Truck Slash 2WD.
    Last edited by Cyclone1122; 02-10-2015 at 08:24 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Replaced the rear shafts with the titanium nitride versions after an over enthusiastic jump. I ordered the fronts too but they didn't arrive.

40+ RC's, 4 = Traxxas. Doing this since the 80's.

RC Qualifier xXxXxverifiedxXxXx's Avatar
    Painted a 66 ford body for a new slash project! I've yet to take the window masks off, I will wait for the paint to dry overnight.
    Just 1 mph more!

RC Qualifier
    Nice silver bumper color !

I ordered a new SCT truck Body and put New Breakaway SpeedThreads back Tires on and tighten up the clutch and stripped out my 28T pinion..It's a Robinson pinion and I've stripped like 3 of them so far and will change brands.

I'm normally 1/8 -1/4 out on the clutch and was out 1 1/2 turn out and was smelling like I was burning up my new greased tranny.It was just the clutch.Tighten it up :-)

RC poster
    I just bought a 2wd slash VXL....I also got two batteries along with it....with the stock gear and the 11.1 battery the thing is crazy fast....on the road it drags the rear bumper even if you stab the throttle from a 20 mph roll. They have a track near my house...Im going to check it out next weekend..... I know im going to need tires soon ....

RC Qualifier
    Watching Lucus Oil racing online...Short course racing at Wild West motorsports park in nevada right now at vipleague
    Last edited by Cyclone1122; 02-15-2015 at 12:21 PM.

RC Qualifier

Ripped around the backyard.

RC Qualifier
    Doing some epic jumps at a skate park and then Crunchy McCruncherton appeared, thought it was the motor moving as this happened with a Stampede the day earlier but when I took the rpm cover off I saw the whole shaft wiggle and knew it was bad lol.

Whats the best way to get the outer race out? I've crc'ed it and thinking maybe dremel it out?

40+ RC's, 4 = Traxxas. Doing this since the 80's.

RC Qualifier
    I drilled a tiny hole and pushed the racer out...matter of fact..I have another hole on the other side...It's enough to get it out without hurting the overall structure to replace with new bearings and if I have to get fresh bearings,I would just push it out through the hole.

Installed another pair of RPM a-arms, blue this time. Funny how this is the third right a-arm I have broken... Haven't messed up a single left yet.

Also installed a high-speed titanium gear servo:
    Just 1 mph more!

RC Qualifier

Put on some 2.8 pro-line trenches. Just have to raise up the body some. Love the new look!

RC Qualifier
    Got a New Slash body.My rims are red and have red,black,yellow,grey,blue paints left over.Some gold stars like the ones you get at school and hair spray sparklers and some picture glue which I want to use for the hood or the roof.I tested the stars on my old body using the clear windshield with the picture glue and it came out excellent.On my 4th body before the year :-)

RC Qualifier
    Rebuild the front of my boys truck after crashing into it. Good to have it back together again and he his twice as happy to get it back and running. Bad part there was no time to run the trucks this weekend.

I got the slash muddy in the rare California rain! There isn't much mud here usually, so I took the chance to soak it all up with my slash

I also put a bunch of shoe goo on my Bajr body because it cracked in a spider web patter after a head-on collision with the 6x4
    Just 1 mph more!

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast