Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier

Went ripping around in the snow today. Awesome fun!

Sent from my S4 using tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by orca44 View Post
    The rear tires seem to have a lot of toe in.... How many degrees? Looks excessive from the picture...
    Yes i know, i havent done anything will toe angle. Im not sure why the rear bearing carriers have so much play, which seems to make it look like it has so much toe. They are the traxxas aluminum bearing/hub (whatever you want to call it) carrier. But im getting tekno driveshafts/hub carriers soon. Anyways i took my slash out for a run today and the roll cage held up quite nicely. Here is a pic after some muddin and jumpin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier

Hot racing sway bars. Can't wait to get um mounted up and see how they work on the track.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

Got them mounted up today. I might race with them tomorrow depending on how they work. If I can get them to work I'm going to remove the anodizing on the red and blue parts.

Last edited by cooleocool; 03-22-2014 at 09:52 AM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    Just picked up a 76 and 83 tooth spur gear for some fun later on.
    "Jedi Master"

Got a spectrum s6040(high speed servo), castle 10amp bec and e-flite gyro.
    Tuned my new pro specs in.
    Wired up a series connecter for the Scalpel.
    For some reason only my rear strc red shock tower came in.
    Still no camera till Monday night or Tuesday morning
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC poster
    Hi All

New here. I got my 7 yr old girl a Slash for Christmas.

What did I do today? Well I just put it back together from a high speed wreck from practice at the track.

Both C blocks busted. Both front shocks rods bent. And a busted servo saver. I also got a Dynamite tool set when I got all of the above parts. I also got in the mail a Airtronics MX-V.

I am new to the rc world so I am sure many questions to come. There are 2 oval tracks in driving distance.

We want to learn to race

Bless
    Back

RC Champion
    Welcome to the Traxxas forum..... Question for ya... Do you drive her Slash when she is not looking? Practice and more practice....
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC poster
    Well I am the pit crew so I have to test it after she breaks something

Bless
    Back

RC Qualifier
    Ran a battery through the parking lot across the street little later takin her out to the abandoned golf course for some fun! Finally a 60 degree day. Maybe let the wife play with it and more then likely break something we will see!

RC Qualifier

What did you do to your Slash today?

Had a good little bash session down here in warm sunny Texas before the sun went down.
    "Jedi Master"

RC Competitor

These will be installed today

2wd Slash , slayer pro 4x4

Installed a new pro line hing pin brace, mmp and castle external bec along with a new spectrum s6040 high speed in my 2wd pro open truck.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Moved another mmp to my 2wd stock chassis class slash also.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Next weekend all my aluminum shock towers(on back order) will be in for the scalpel.
    Last edited by billy-bones; 03-14-2014 at 04:41 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Got a piece to the ultimate basher puzzle Im trying to put together. In the process of building a long travel mid motor scb with a chuckworks chassis and jato front end.

Traded my vxl-3s and an old dura trax charger with 2 2s lipos for the mmp. Good deal for me because the stuff I traded has been sitting on the shelf for a long time.

Last edited by Building Boost; 03-14-2014 at 08:38 PM.

RC Racer
    Drove it hard at a park where I found a giant dome shaped lump of earth to launch across. I was sailing maybe 15-20ft in distance to flat, it was all good until I noticed one rear tire looking floppy and hitting my body, on closer inspection the inner bead came off and the foam flew out of the tire.
    Guess I'll look into a new set of tires now.
    El que se rie, de sus maldades se acuersa.

RC poster
    Hi All

Just got done repairing her truck from yesterdays damage at the track. Front right steering block and another bent shock shaft. we are getting better If you count running head on into a 2x6 wall full speed better.

Still havent figured out my new radieo yet It will help a lot when I do. Mostly with the brakes and steering.

Had a guy say it wasnt a promlem with the controller. I let him drive it. He couldnt. I had 4 laps where I kept up with him until I made a bad mistake and hit the wall. More concentration needed.

This was after I made some adjustments. My girl wanted to play. she hit the wall 3 times. Last one was a bust.

I found out this track is very loose when it comes stock. No LCG. Must have stock ECS and Motor. And original size tires. anything else goes.

I am going to have to get another truck. The other track is speck.

Bless
    Back

RC poster
    Well technically it was over the last two weeks since I purchased the Slash, but I have put on the new Traxxas low CG chassis. RPM front and rear arms (black) and new RPM Gear box (blue), these were yesterday.

Trying something new to me.
    I never run my trucks near water but since my grandson does with his vxl-3 thought I would get a old sidewinder ready.
    Might be a bit overbord but better save then sorry.
    Of course I will clean off the wires and excess on the heat sink after it drys and prier to reassembly.
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    New bearing in spur gear re adjusted slipper new bearings on all four corners and trimmed my body wheels wells because the kept rubbing

Built a new roll cage. What do ya think?
    Worked great! Only thing broken today is.... *drum roll........
    ...A striped spur gear!
    Good thing my 32p gears are on their way!

RC poster
    lately i have been trying to convert my slash into a rally car. but i gave up on it. while i was working, i was digging through my toolbox looking for juicy stuff and i found included gearing! so i tried to put those on, but when i decided not to do the conversion, i put the stock gearing back on. well, today i was putting my truck back together and i found that the gears were too tight together so i took the gear cover off again and tried to fix that problem. but when i tried to reposition the motor it didn't work but i noticed the pinion gear was to far in so i unscrewed the pinion a little bit and moved it forward some. but i shouldn't expect no problems whatsoever because i had absolutely no idea what i was doing. the entire time i was just thinking, "hmm, maybe i should do this and see how it works out." i had no manuals, no guides, no nothing. all i had was me, my tools, my truck, some little sheets with random advice, and random household objects like Disney Infinity characters. so that is what i did with my Slash today. and great idea about this forum!

RC poster
    USPS brought my new VXL system today. Installed the VXL and ran it for a bit till my gear box started sounding like a old timey corn mill. Drove to the LHS and picked up a few goodies to get the project under way.

Packed the Diff with Grease to get it a little more realistic in the corners.
    Switched to the RPM Hybrid Trans Housing
    Put in new Traxxas Steel U-joints
    All new Bearings, and took the old good bearings and put them on the rear wheels, Fronts are still good.
    Watched "Das Boot" while doing the project.

After getting it all reassembled it sounds like a sewing machine in the house and on the stand. Will have to wait till the backyard track dries out before I can really test it.
    so far from stock to this
    :RPM Shock Towers
    SHock Guards
    RPM REar Bumper
    RPM Hybrid Gear Box
    VXL System
    Everything else is Bone Stock and Running Great with still no serious breakages other than Titan motor committing suicide:-)

I'm still running Nickel Batteries bc of the amount of them I have so no heating issues, plenty of get up and hours of run time, and really night and day compared to the 12T brushed.
    Thanks for all the ideas folks!

Well, i got the CC sidewinder SCT 3800kv system in the mail, its for my little bros slash, he also got the SPC 50c 5000mAh 2s Lipo, he only ran it for a few min but so far he loves it! He also got the RR pinion (23t 48p) it says nickel plated on the tag, not sure why but. Man its Shiny! So he's got 23/86 gearing. Should be plenty for a 10 year old on 2s...

RC Qualifier

Had some fun in the snow banks in 60 degree weather
    "Jedi Master"

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    Installed a new pro line hing pin brace, mmp and castle external bec along with a new spectrum s6040 high speed in my 2wd pro open truck.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Moved another mmp to my 2wd stock chassis class slash also.
    billy did you actually NEED the BEC for the 6040 servo or is it there as a precaution ? i just picked one (6040) up in hopes i wouldn't have to put a BEC on a MMP with it. what's your set up on these 2wd rigs ? ... and more pics of them . it looks a lot like what i just finished ordering parts for to make the PL buggy, but i'm stuck on what powerplant i wanna put in it.
    Last edited by Corex2; 03-21-2014 at 07:35 AM.

billy did you actually NEED the BEC for the 6040 servo or is it there as a precaution ? i just picked one (6040) up in hopes i wouldn't have to put a BEC on a MMP with it. what's your set up on these 2wd rigs ? ... and more pics of them . it looks a lot like what i just finished ordering parts for to make the PL buggy, but i'm stuck on what powerplant i wanna put in it.
    No the bec wasn't necessary at all with a spectrum servo, with identical specs and titanium gears to the savox 1258 the lower power draw is why I choose them instead.
    That and I've never been one to follow the crowd, I use what works for me and noisy savox units drive me nuts.
    I run one(pictured)in my 2wd and am picking up another today with all the aluminum for my 4wd scalpel.
    By the time I'm finished the scalpel will be the most expensive rig I've built today but also the most impressive.
    I will be putting the 2650 back in for speed runs.
    I was thinking about reinstalling the 2200 but I've had better top-end results with the 2650.

RC Qualifier
    awesome. i'm happy to hear that i might not need a bec then with the speky servo. 2200-2650 is a much longer can than i was looking for. i'm thinking about the pro4-3300kv and use this as my 3s runner since the can is so short.

Does anyone else have red strc 4wd shock towers on back order?
    My spectrum s6040 servo, tlr servo horn, strc motor plate and esc mount came in as did my front shock tower(still at the lhs)but my rear tower is still on back order.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

So far installed the e revo slipper, strc motor plate, esc mounting plate and reinstalled 2650 motor with Rx-8 esc.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Later tonight or tomorrow s6040s spectrum high speed servo.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-22-2014 at 09:51 AM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    Jeez billy, you're worse than me throwin all this money into your traxxas trucks. I always get people saying I'm crazy for building my traxxas trucks from the ground up with hardly any traxxas parts but I can't help it. Something about being able to choose every part on the truck for a certain reason make for a killer purpose built truck. Nice job!

RC Competitor
    How do you like the RX8?

Quote Originally Posted by Independentjrc View Post
    How do you like the RX8?
    I love the tekin RX-8, they have a 220amp continuous rating which for me is quite impressive.
    I had trouble with my first two gen 2 units but tekin priority mailed them to me within five days from the day I sent them in, that kind of service is hard to beat.
    Jeez billy, you're worse than me throwin all this money into your traxxas trucks. I always get people saying I'm crazy for building my traxxas trucks from the ground up with hardly any traxxas parts but I can't help it. Something about being able to choose every part on the truck for a certain reason make for a killer purpose built truck. Nice job!
    LOL it tiz the season, I average one fifty to two hundred fifty a week at the lhs and the race season isn't here yet, in fact my scalpel is just for speed runs.
    This hobby is indeed a addiction.

RC Qualifier

My son broke the rear bearing carrier on his truck - luckily we have backups - so 5 minutes n up n running.
    Last edited by Rc_REV; 03-21-2014 at 07:01 PM.
    "Jedi Master"

RC Qualifier
    I'm saving money for traxxas slash no.2. Built from scrap parts from my racing slash. As I upgrade my race slash, the parts will become avail. R

Quote Originally Posted by Rc_REV View Post
    My son broke the rear bearing carrier on his truck - luckily we have backups - so 5 minutes n up n running.
    Get rpm or traxxas aluminum
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-22-2014 at 09:50 AM. Reason: merge
    Go Traxxas, Team Associated, and Losi!

RC poster
    Going out to the lake today with my 4 buy 4, expect some pics or a video!

RC poster
    Smoked the stock motor a few weeks ago and finally put a tenshock 401 on it.
    Just need a new radio now.

RC Qualifier

Quote Originally Posted by Traxxasfreak61 View Post
    I'm saving money for traxxas slash no.2. Built from scrap parts from my racing slash. As I upgrade my race slash, the parts will become avail. R

Get rpm or traxxas aluminum
    On mine I already have rpm but there's will wait till I run thru the xtras. First bearing carrier break in 16 months for them. Can't complain about stock lasting this long.
    Last edited by Rc_REV; 03-22-2014 at 10:00 AM.
    "Jedi Master"

RC poster
    So, back from the lake, with some pics! Nothing broke (surprisingly)! Batteries went like crazy though.

Edited for language abuse. If you see a starred out word in your post, you must edit it out to avoid earning warning points.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-22-2014 at 05:25 PM.

Still no shock towers but installed my spectrum s6040 and used a tlr servo horn.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

well my 2wd is my racing slash. but i ordered some more spring options for upcoming race season. and i put on street tires to do some parking lot testing. dont know that it will happen today. only 20 somthing degrees outside. might wait until thursday when its supposed to be in the 50's.
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

RC poster
    Had an awesome bashing session yesterday. Took my Slash 2wd to the sand volley ball pit at my apartment complex. The pit is built up on a mound of dirt so I was able to jump in and out of the pit. Truck took a beating on some of the landings but after close inspection while cleaning, no visible signs of breakage anywhere.

RC poster
    Got this Toyota tundra body rough trimmed, painted and clear coated. After the picture, I added the door panel stickers and a center sticker in the back then drilled holes in all of the body vents on the front, plus window holes and a back vent. pretty much doing everything I can to limit the parachute effect.

Last edited by alabamagunmaker; 03-25-2014 at 12:51 AM.

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast