Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Putting Liquid nails Sealant (Clear Seal) on the shock tower bolt mounts to preventing the screws from backing out.Didn't want to glue in on but this will do.I know I didn't over strip it but it happens with plastic.The shims are flat instead of a lock wash behind the shock.So it will back out.

Loctite will not work on plastic! Just nuts and bolts.

RC poster

That's what I did yesterday? Haha

RC Qualifier
    Got some LED lights (Red,White) and made headlights and put the red ones under the red stripe on the roof and hood.Looks awesome at night.

Got them at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...657790_em_r_im

Wires were too short to reach the back so it would take another set.The stock Chassis is big enough for two 9-volt batteries.Look Cool at night.

Can't post attachments it says..but I got a Photo of it.
    Last edited by Cyclone1122; 08-24-2014 at 02:49 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Balanced my wheels with silicone today..all 4 corners.Helps alot in the back.Not much wobble too much.All perfectly Balanced.Only one Wheel needed just a dab.I got my new wheels,time will tell on the track if it helps :-)

RC Qualifier

Got the new body mounted on my kiddos truck surprise her tomorrow with it!!

RC Racer
    I haven't been on in a long while, glad to see this thread is still moving.

Took mine to the beach to check out my new sand paddle tires, it was so much fun terrorizing the seagulls.
    I did notice that batteries don't last as long out in the sand, probably from going full throttle so much. I think I'll go back again tomorrow, putting the batteries on the charger now.
    El que se rie, de sus maldades se acuersa.

I put a s6040 high speed specky servo in as well as change the esc (just another mmp) to one with a external bec already installed.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Qualifier
    Changed Gears from 16/90 to 23/86.....Wow..Alot quicker! Ordered a 19T So I can go just longer on the motor.23/86 would be fast on that track for sure.

19/86.....Then I was thinking..maybe 14/81...A sweet Spot.

Any idea what a 14/81 would do ?
    Last edited by Cyclone1122; 09-08-2014 at 05:24 PM.

RC Competitor
    I looked at my slash today! Then picked up a new shell and the low cg chassis kit for it today. I am itching to try that chassis at the track.

RC Qualifier
    After changing a gear from 23/86, I went to 23/90 on the track and it helped a little with the temp.But it happened.The yolk popped out so I forced it back in and got about 20 more laps until it popped out again.So I ordered new parts 6852X (2) So if it happens,I would have a spare.Having a Temp gun,back driveshaft Yolks,17TReedy motor,Losi Green Springs for the front,15T Pinion for the Reedy being shipped to the "Pro" shop at home...lol

RC Enthusiast
    Stripped the slash down as I blew out the main driveshaft bearing lol
    Might just go around and replace all the bearings

RC Qualifier
    Got Blue Losi Springs in the back and waiting for green springs for the front,Got RPM Blue A-Arms for the back.New Shaft drives and Yolks.Nicer balanced Now...As you can see in the picture my driveshaft is rubbing against my A-Arm but not the other side.Now,No binding of any type.

I broke my Steering Block on the front so Got that ordered along with the green springs.Truck is Faster Now since I can lower the front to match the back Springs.

Check out this truck race...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EhjJartA_g

RC Qualifier
    Got the 4x4 Slash Yolks in the mail today and the drive-shafts to fit on the 2WD back suspension.I heard it will fit and it does.It's beefer than the 2WD yolks so it should last quite a while.Even the ball is thicker.I didn't take off the other half of the driveshaft since the wheel axle is fine.The scratches are still there on the driveshaft but don't like it at all.Right now the truck is not running due to the left Steering Block broke in half.I have all these new parts just waiting to be used.Another Slash maybe ? :-)

RC Racer
    I put a proline racing transmission on my slash a few days ago. I beat the crap out of my slash I'm on my second motor and a new tranny lol. It's my first off road so I'm just getting into the jumps, mud/dirt, and the deep puddles when it rains.

RC Qualifier
    Apex...Can you tell the diff in the proline tranny and the stock one?

I was reading about it and says only for 18T,19T Pinion.I rather go 21T

Nice tranny.Wow..all the room for the motor to cool off

RC Racer
    There isn't really much of a performance increase, I forgot what the gearing was that came with the proline tranny. But the over all feel and smoothness of the tranny is noticeable, the slipper clutch is easily adjusted through an opening that's secured with a rubber plug. The slipper clutch is substantially larger than the factory one also, I found it online for 86$ shipped and I received it within three days. Not a bad deal for peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by ApexPredatorGT View Post
    There isn't really much of a performance increase, I forgot what the gearing was that came with the proline tranny. But the over all feel and smoothness of the tranny is noticeable, the slipper clutch is easily adjusted through an opening that's secured with a rubber plug. The slipper clutch is substantially larger than the factory one also, I found it online for 86$ shipped and I received it within three days. Not a bad deal for peace of mind.
    The pro line trans has its good points and bad as well.
    You may want to open it to inspect the idler gear, the early models came with a plastic one which failed in short order, word thru the grape vine pl has started shipping them with a metal unit now.
    I run three of them, two are equipped with the hot racing sealed diff and hardened idler (pretty sure its hardened).
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I run another with a machined aluminum idler and stock diff.
    Its a lot stronger then was originally thought.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Long story short, even if it came with a metal idler the diff is still plastic, it wont last like the stock traxxas unit.
    Break it down and clean it on a regular basis and it will serve you well, neglect it and you'll be buying a new diff, the lay-shaft and gear are an excellent designee.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Qualifier

Had to tear down the slash today. Finally got the money for a new chassis. Going mid motor for this season. Can't wait to build er back up!

RC Qualifier
    Nothing like some new tires to spruce it up

"Jedi Master"

RC Qualifier xXxXxverifiedxXxXx's Avatar
    I put tiny tires on it! :O
    Just 1 mph more!

RC Qualifier
    Awesome Updates!

Always something to do.I installed a 3800KV Brush-less System with fans on the motor and esc.

Even has the software to adjust the power settings :-) on the computer.

RC Competitor
    I changed the idle gear with a Robinson Racing one, I think sometime in the future my diff gear will strip too hehehe

Made a new shroud protector with thicker nylon, industrial strength velcro and a zipper

RC Racer
    Threw on some new split six beadlocs with some trenchers, a proline pro trac kit, and tossed on a different body

RC poster
    [IMG]C:\Users\Michael\SkyDrive\Pictures\Camera Roll\4x4slash.jpg[/IMG]

redcat truggy tremor tires

RC Qualifier
    I put a New 3800Kv Castle 4 pole in my Slash.It rips on lipo..It really Rips.5700kv too much power? My Slash may beg for more.

RC Racer
    Paddle fit test

RC Racer
    I really dressed up my slash over the weekend

Put a true scale Dodge Ram body and some pre mounted trenchers.

RC Enthusiast
    Installed Big bore shocks on all four corners, switched out the springs to Losi green up front and Silver on back.
    Also installed Castle sidewinder ESC combo with 3800 kv motor. Geared 21/90 and big difference over the stock ESC/motor
    setup.

Bobby D

RC Qualifier
    Yesterday, my boy and me went racing at a local track and had a blast. My boy sure loves going out and being a marshal for the races in between. Did great with my truck far as not breaking anything. But sure do slide around alot with the stock tires. I had others coming up and giving me recommendations, which are more than welcome. Most at the track are pretty good to hang and around.

My boy on the other hand blew out a rear hub during the first qualifying for rounds. I did not have spare parts for this problem. But another racer had the same model and came over and gave us a spare part to get it going. Later in the second qualifying round we repaid dept by giving him a pinion gear. And this racer that helped us he had a stripped set screw he could not get out and no one had any dermal tools or drills until he asked us if he had anything, I just happened to bring my drill and bits and got it drilled out for him so he could return to do the main. So it all balanced out in the end.

So over this winter little by little after upgrading my boys truck, ill start working on mine. We go for the fun of it more to just experience racing than we do trying to win. But we have decided that we both need another rc each to play with in between qualifying rounds and the main, so we are not breaking anything before the start of the races.

RC Qualifier
    I broke my Bulkhead hitting a palm tree at the beach.Shucks!

I took it to the beach and its now a reminder to turn the fans off on the esc and motor so it doesn't kick sand out..Just don't over do it as far as heat is concerned.

RC Qualifier
    Replaced Bulkhead with a New Black One rather then a Grey one.Also replaced the RPM A arms because you can see where when plastic bends,it turns white.So one of the A-Arms in the trash,Repalced A-arms with stock,Replaced back to stock hedge pins with the E-clips and what a pain they are to get on and put back the tie rod that goes across the Bulkhead.

RC Qualifier
    Did some work to the basher slash today. Rebuilt the trans with avid breadings, rebuilt the HR diff for 50k fluid, swapped out the jato front arms for stampede arms, switched the hubs around to widen the rear and narrow the front, pit rear shocks upfront, and bolted some truggy wheels and tires on. I love the new look. Can't wait to get out and run it.

RC Qualifier
    new shoes and a new dress ...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by truggy buggy View Post
    new shoes and a new dress ...

Where did you get that body? Love it!

RC Qualifier
    haha, present from my dealer.
    i guess it came from a tamiya rally car but fits quite nicely on the slash.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by truggy buggy View Post
    haha, present from my dealer.
    i guess it came from a tamiya rally car but fits quite nicely on the slash.
    Thanks! Gonna see if I can find myself one.

RC Qualifier
    Replaced front led bearing carrier with the rpm one I was holding onto until stock on broke.

Then dif output yoke on kiddos truck and rod end on rear shock.

Broke both myself last weekend....see what I break tomorrow 😜

RC Qualifier
    Switched out my blue lcg chassis for a black one. Painted my first R/C body, a Pro-Line Ram body.
    And yes i detailed it... 😆

RC Qualifier
    carnage ... kid's friend ran into a metal pole

RC Competitor
    Finally got to run my slash the other day. Cooling off to the mid 90's is good enough. Too hot in the summer, RC season is getting close.
    2wd Slash , slayer pro 4x4

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast