Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    RC Competitor
    Installed the LCG chassis and made a new shroud

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Well technically I didn't "do anything" to my Slash today, except buy it some presents. I recently tried to destroy it at the local skate park. I actually broke my body in half and ripped all the screws holding the tranny to the chassis out of my RPM unit. (A common thing, we're finding out.) I also stripped a wheel and hex. Kind of excited to get some new stuff for it! I've had this Slash since the month the original came out, and there are almost zero stock pieces left. I believe this is the third tranny housing I have done this to over the years so I went for an FLM housing to connect to my Xtreme Racing chassis. I was going to get the chassis saver from Pro-Line as well, but found they were discontinued a while ago. I always meant to get one, but never did. Anyways, I also got some locking aluminum hex hubs and the Pro-Line Desert Raid body. Being that my Slash is fully upgraded, I don't have to buy many parts for it or do much to it. Kind of excited for the parts to come and tear into it. I'll probably post a little thread when the time comes...

Very nice, their stuff is!!

Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Qualifier
    I dusted off the old Slash and gave it a new LCG chassis. It's all prepped now and ready for some track time.

I Wanna Go Fast!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXXXMASHER View Post
    Well technically I didn't "do anything" to my Slash today, except buy it some presents. I recently tried to destroy it at the local skate park. I actually broke my body in half and ripped all the screws holding the tranny to the chassis out of my RPM unit. (A common thing, we're finding out.) I also stripped a wheel and hex. Kind of excited to get some new stuff for it! I've had this Slash since the month the original came out, and there are almost zero stock pieces left. I believe this is the third tranny housing I have done this to over the years so I went for an FLM housing to connect to my Xtreme Racing chassis. I was going to get the chassis saver from Pro-Line as well, but found they were discontinued a while ago. I always meant to get one, but never did. Anyways, I also got some locking aluminum hex hubs and the Pro-Line Desert Raid body. Being that my Slash is fully upgraded, I don't have to buy many parts for it or do much to it. Kind of excited for the parts to come and tear into it. I'll probably post a little thread when the time comes...

Very nice, their stuff is!!

Running a bumper that mounts like the stock one on a case like that is just asking for trouble. Unless you use a t-bone style bumper look into this thread. The proline Pro-2 bumper is a much better design for trans cases like the flm.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8998912

RC Enthusiast
    Went to the park but an hour in my motor broke when I got home I took it apart and the copper wires were tangled around the rotor, time for an upgrade

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Building Boost View Post
    Running a bumper that mounts like the stock one on a case like that is just asking for trouble. Unless you use a t-bone style bumper look into this thread. The proline Pro-2 bumper is a much better design for trans cases like the flm.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8998912
    I may have to look into that. Thanks! My RPM bumper unit is starting to show some serious wear anyways!
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Qualifier
    Not a bad way to start thanksgiving day. My boy and me took our trucks out on the dirt road by our play and did some runs. Was doing good till my boy broke his hub. Guess I'll be finishing up the night by replacing a hub.

RC Qualifier
    Went out to our favorite place to bash only to find two of the jumps torn apart. Looks like some neighborhood kids decided to build some huts from the looks of it but must of not been to successful cause the boards were in a pile on two of the jumps. Guess I might have to take some shovels and try to rebuild the jumps when time permits.

RC Qualifier
    Put new fresh back tires on and stripped out my 25 pinion and chewed up my 83T spur at the beach.

I have 16T/19T/21T/23T/26T extra pinions and only 2 spurs left 90T/86T..Added the 86T back on.

Been going to the beach and after it rains the sand gets all hard and during the sunny days,I would take out the Slash and have a Blast jumping over tiny hills.I did run the Truck near the water line since the sand is all wet but it's really salty and even a Shower does not prevent rust from appearing.

Well last night I clean up my truck and order the RPM offset arms. I want to be about to run the same tires all around.
    Might order the Ram body and do a Spazstix paint job. Will see how Xmas treats my wallet.
    Slash 4x4
    Stampede - 4x4 x3
    Prerunner x3
    Teton

Sold mine today unfortunately...I guess im getting bored with RC'ing and figured someone could use it.
    We are all one race. The human race.

RC Competitor
    i recently just put in a lipo 2s and cut up my body like a previous post and put a cc side winder in it and a 20 tooth pinnoin

RC Qualifier
    Just bought some proline powerstroke shocks for the front and rear for my slash Before coming to work for the night. Just waiting for a day with some extra time to fill with fluid and install.

RC Qualifier
    I let some 75 year old man use my Slash on the beach until the battery ran out.He loved it.Now he's trying to get me to join the senior citizen club.

I had a NoFear Gear hoodie on.And was telling him to go faster.Just floor it with that 3800kv Castle lipo powered motor...lol

RC Qualifier
    Picked up front and rear bead locks for the front and rear for my slash at today. But still waiting to put on the new shocks as well. Next is new tires for the front and rear.

RC Racer
    mounted up new wheels tires and body.

RC Qualifier
    Still waiting to up my new shocks on. Been sick for the last week and slept for most of my weekend. Tonight went by a few lhs and picked up a new body, paint, and other supply stuff. I'm excited to hopefully start next weekend, even if its just a bit by bit. Im hoping that the body comes out good, I've never painted a body before.

RC Competitor
    Finally broke My Slash 4x4 V-card, took it to the track first time today. Had some fun. Was the only one there. Clay like track. truck was no were near ready for the track including tires. I'll stick to what I'm good at bashing..and wide open dirt fields
    Bash it Reck it Break it Fix it & Repeat!

RC poster
    Bought a Slash OBA....Lotta of fun !

RC Qualifier
    Added some Tires and wheels.And a 28T pinion.Adjusted the power band for the beach.Took out reverse.Silicon glued my body back panels from tearing off.

RC Qualifier
    Tore out the antenna for the car being flipped over too many times on the street and the Antenna's protector broke and ripped the wires in half.Now have about a 20 foot range.Tried to use 2 tricks to get the wires back together.No-go

Ordered a new Receiver with wire and bidded for a TQ remote with a transmitter for under $15.00..the bid's at $15.50 ..still waiting at the last moment to snag it.

Also got some front Ti-shafts for the front shocks coming soon.Both shock shafts were both bended and wow...the oil was really muddy looking and I blew out the right front shock seal.Even have some bend back shock shafts but just a little and waiting on another order for just the stock shafts one more time,no Ti,to check out the fronts and see if they ever would bend which people say never.

Now they have the tie rod for the Slash made out of aluminum for a few dollars more than the stock slash tie rod.I'm on my 3rd breakage and will be my last.I'm going aluminum for just $2.00 more.

I want to get the X0-1 back wing and add it to the body of a Slash ..it will fit! It would look so cool looking.

RC Racer
    Painted a new dodge demon body for the drag racer.

on my race rig, i cleaned out and refilled all my shocks going up to 45w oil in the fronts and 35w oil in the rears.

And on my project. i made some more progress towards my straight axle build
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by low_dakota94 View Post
    Painted a new dodge demon body for the drag racer.

That's just Plum Crazy!

RC poster
    Today I put 40w in my front shocks and 20w in the rear. Took all the preload clips out of the rear and adjusted to 0 camber. Than put a 23t pinion in trying to get the rear to stick better. Ran it for 5 minutes and ended up fish tailing into my xterras rear wheel. Broke right rear stub carrier. Brought it inside to replace broken parts only to find my titan 12t 550 has packed it in. Oh well, off to buy a new one tomorrow. See how long I can run with out breaking something else

RC Racer
    started painting my new body cant wait tell its done.

RC Racer
    Got it all done! Did not turn out that bad first one.

RC Champion
    Today I made my first online purchase. I could only get these wheels and tires online. So I finally broke and did it. They are going to be awesome!

Rob that body looks awesome for the first body!! Love the body and colors! Looks great man.
    Slash 4x4 built w/ RC4WD PRL RPM STRC TRX and MIP

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bash'n'slash View Post
    Today I made my first online purchase. I could only get these wheels and tires online. So I finally broke and did it. They are going to be awesome!

Rob that body looks awesome for the first body!! Love the body and colors! Looks great man.
    Thanks! They are my favorite colors.

RC poster
    I sat in my truck to keep out of the -21 today ... had some fun in the snow... just didn't last too long.

RC Qualifier xXxXxverifiedxXxXx's Avatar
    I looked at the dissembled pile of slash parts sitting on my workbench, wishing that I had time to fix it.
    Just 1 mph more!

What did you do to your Slash today?

I took it out for a run with my GoPro Hero on it, here is the video from it
    http://youtu.be/NfxY4XWfwb8
    Last edited by iZach98; 01-15-2015 at 05:28 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by iZach98 View Post
    I took it out for a run with my GoPro Hero on it, here is the video from it
    http://youtu.be/NfxY4XWfwb8
    That's awesome ! Plenty speed.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Swapped out my hr alum trans for the rpm one
    New rear rpm shock tower
    Rebuilt my cc 4600
    Replaced trx lcg bottom servo plate which cracked around the ft bulkhead screws because they were loose

Used part of the trx wheelie bar, and attached it to the rear tower to make a motor cage
    Rpm rear bumper mount
    Redid the shrink wrap on my motor and ESC
    Swapped out my cheap servo for my savox 0251...
    I think that's it....
    Oh new springs and replaced tini rear shock shaft on my bb, which I bent....
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Racer
    painted a basher body for the slash so i can keep the 79 one nice lol

RC poster
    I socked it in water and the receiver got wet with the seal on ugh.

RC poster
    I cut off the on/off switch and twisted the wires together from castle creations SCT due to it getting wet. The switch was sending all kinds of confusing signals to ESC. Looking for a waterproof on/off switch.

RC Qualifier
    Installed Blue Oversized Aluminum Rear Hub Carriers with bearings/installed Traxxas 3654 Hex Wheel Hubs and double taped the off/on switch back to the lcg chassis.

Edit...I was checking the bearings and seems they can spin in the aluminum carriers....Can one use temp Glue to stop the spinning inside the carriers? I was going to use a snip of telflon tape.
    Last edited by Cyclone1122; 01-17-2015 at 10:54 PM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Robn69 View Post
    painted a basher body for the slash so i can keep the 79 one nice lol
    all done for now

RC Qualifier
    Taking the Slash motor bearings out of Castle 3800kv on both end caps and got 4 on order.The cap where the wire is or,imprint says 100,000 limit is not plastic,it's aluminum.I drilled a hole center to knock out the other bearing and it was easy and less work and will get replugged back with a plug I have yet to find and fit.

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast