Thread: AUX 1 feature?

RC Qualifier

AUX 1 feature?

i keep reading information about this Quad in various places and i read something about the AUX1 button that i could not find in the manual. i must have missed it in when i read (many times) the manual? i couldn't tell in the demo video if that is what was pressed, it was done really quick, but saw F1 on the screen and am guessing that this is was was pressed after seeing what i read?
    if i understand correctly... if i am in expert mode and get in to trouble, all i have to do is push and hold the AUX1 button and it will recover itself, then release it to return to expert mode? if i have understood this correctly... that is a really nice "save your tail in a crisis" feature!

also, the L2 setting for the directional lighting option... that is very nice as well!

so... what else did you folks pack in to this little Gem that is not listed? the more i research this Quad, the more impressive it gets, and i was already a happy camper with it to start with . you folks really put quite a bit of thought in to this during its design
    Fly fast, Fly hard, and forget about the outcome.

RC Qualifier
    more questions, and i apologize... just trying to learn the menus and functions of the transmitter a bit better regarding things that are not in the manual or the videos that i was able to find.
    each AUX button in the menu has a set of numbered letters and both AUX buttons have the same ones in the same order...
    F1, F2, F3, L1, L2, A1, A2
    i understand the L1 and L2 on the AUX2 side from researching other places... they are the lights. what is their function for on the AUX1 side?
    i understand that setting AUX1 to F2 and setting AUX2 to F2 or F3 enables multiple flips and rolls. what does the F2 and F3 on the AUX1 side do?
    lastly... what are the A1 and A2 functions on each of the AUX buttons for? this doesn't seem to be covered anywhere, unless there is another PDF i missed?

i realize that this probably requires a great deal of effort to explain and i don't want to put anyone through that. will there be upcoming videos or PDF files that go more in detail of how these functions and the AUX buttons work? i definitely do not want to "experiment" with this to find out but it "appears" that the combinations for what this Transmitter can do is very detailed. it is definitely not basic by any means... meaning, that you folks really went above and beyond to make sure that this Quad was in a class of its own with its versatility.

Quote Originally Posted by spoonerrw View Post
    more questions, and i apologize... just trying to learn the menus and functions of the transmitter a bit better regarding things that are not in the manual or the videos that i was able to find.
    each AUX button in the menu has a set of numbered letters and both AUX buttons have the same ones in the same order...
    F1, F2, F3, L1, L2, A1, A2
    i understand the L1 and L2 on the AUX2 side from researching other places... they are the lights. what is their function for on the AUX1 side?
    i understand that setting AUX1 to F2 and setting AUX2 to F2 or F3 enables multiple flips and rolls. what does the F2 and F3 on the AUX1 side do?
    lastly... what are the A1 and A2 functions on each of the AUX buttons for? this doesn't seem to be covered anywhere, unless there is another PDF i missed?

i realize that this probably requires a great deal of effort to explain and i don't want to put anyone through that. will there be upcoming videos or PDF files that go more in detail of how these functions and the AUX buttons work? i definitely do not want to "experiment" with this to find out but it "appears" that the combinations for what this Transmitter can do is very detailed. it is definitely not basic by any means... meaning, that you folks really went above and beyond to make sure that this Quad was in a class of its own with its versatility.
    We made it so the TX could be programmed to do anything from either AUX button. For example, the left AUX button (AUX1) is set to do a single flip and the right AUX button (AUX2) is set to turn the lights on and off. These are set from the factory. We did it this way because it felt more natural to have the AUX1 button be pressed and allow the right thumb to initiate the trick. If we put the trick on the AUX2 button, it was a little more cumbersome to press the button then also move the stick…

I like it this way, but my father in law cannot seem to figure out how to press the AUX1 button and then do a flip. So, luck for him, we made it so he can program the AUX2 button to do the flips, and the AUX1 to do the lights.

F1, F2, F3, L1, L2, A1, A2 all have the exact same function, you can just assign the options to either button.

But, you cannot put, for example, F3 on both buttons. The TX will not allow it. You have to have 2 different functions programmed at all times.

That was a lot of info and I probably did not explain it very well. If you need more help, let me know and I will sit down and try to do a better explanation.

RC Qualifier
    That was a perfect explanation and thank you very much for taking the time to do it. it makes perfect sense and is a great little per on top of the ones already in it

RC Qualifier
    now that i am not limited to my older smartphone, lol.
    the explanation is greatly appreciated TRXse7en and i only have a couple of things that were not answered. in my first post, do i have the exp2 recovery procedure correct... hit and hold AUX1, let it recover, then release? the A1 and A2 functions in the menu i am assuming stand for AUX1 and AUX2... is that correct? thanks for all your help

Traxxas Employee
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shocker View Post
    could it be for a possible camera attachment in the works. I see pins on the board that are not occupied and 2 mounting holes on either side of where the battery goes Hummm that would be nice
    Stay tuned. There will be some fun things headed in Alias's direction...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Maxxdude View Post
    Stay tuned. There will be some fun things headed in Alias's direction...
    hmmm.... sounds interesting . options are always a good thing .

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TRXse7en View Post
    F1, F2, F3, L1, L2, A1, A2 all have the exact same function, you can just assign the options to either button.

Can someone explain what all the numbers and letters do? it's not in the manual...

Quote Originally Posted by maxi single View Post

Can someone explain what all the numbers and letters do? it's not in the manual...
    F1 = single flip
    F2= triple flip
    F3 = quintuple flip
    L1 = turn lights on or off
    L2 = light assisted hover training (illuminates only the arm or arms that correspond with the direction you need to move the stick to keep it in a hover)
    A1 = not currently used
    A2 = not currently used
    -- will deactivate that Aux button
    Last edited by Propsmoke; 12-11-2013 at 11:59 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Propsmoke View Post
    F1 = single flip
    F2= triple flip
    F3 = quintuple flip
    L2 = light assisted hover training (illuminates only the arm or arms that correspond with the direction you need to move the stick to keep it in a hover)
    A1 = not currently used
    A2 = not currently used
    now i get the directional lights... they are for hover training. now i understand why they go out on the arm when the stick is moved to the direction that corresponds to it. thanks
    Last edited by Propsmoke; 12-11-2013 at 11:59 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Propsmoke View Post
    F1 = single flip
    F2= triple flip
    F3 = quintuple flip
    A1 = not currently used
    A2 = not currently used
    Thank you, can you tell us the factory default rates for all three modes?
    Last edited by Propsmoke; 12-11-2013 at 12:00 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by maxi single View Post
    Thank you, can you tell us the factory default rates for all three modes?
    Stock settings:

mode | aileron-elevator | rudder
    ---------------------------------------------
    Normal | 60% | 30%
    Exp1 | 100% | 50%
    Exp2 | 70% | 60%

RC poster
    Sorry for bringing back an old thread, but I figured I'd ask a question that I think I already know the answer to.

Are the transmitters settings universal or based on which mode you're in? In other words, can I have the Aux buttons work the camera in normal mode and do flips while in fast mode? I have my camera attached and don't plan on removing it.

RC Qualifier
    no, once the camera is attached, the buttons are proprietary to it. this is basically because it is assumed that having a camera on would be aerial video and pictures only. not many people who fly cameras do stunts, but, once you become proficient in expert mode... you can certainly do stunts with the camera, kinda cool actually, but makes me dizzy watching the videos I did doing funnels while recording, lol .

RC Enthusiast
    Its a shame that the aux dont function for flight mode except with the camera! I suppose i will have to get off the crutch of flipping with switches and master multiple flips on my own in expert mode. Unfortunately there is no recovery to level using aux when the camera is aboard. But it does force you to rely on your own skills.
    Man I wish they had an alias with collective pitch!!! Oh yeah and also agree with spooner.... Wish it was avail in yellow!