Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Modifed cars

My summer toy...it'll be out in a couple weeks!

RC Champion
    Cragar SS...
    Nice...

Quote Originally Posted by blown68ssrs View Post
    Cragar SS...
    Nice...
    lol.....the only reason they're on there is because I hated the junk that was on it when I rescued it from alongside a barn and they were cheap! But I get a lot of good comments on them so I'll leave them for a bit longer. Would like to update to something more modern but I don't know what.

RC Champion
    No way dude...
    I wish I could find a set that are not pitted... Especially the deep dish ones...
    Cragar SS deep dish or the original satin centerlines are the boss...
    I still run 14" on most of mine. Chop a coil and a half. Get the right stance. EFI and big wheels are for rich urban yuppies.

RC Champion
    From one Cragar guy to another. 8-71 Cragar.

From one Cragar guy to another. 8-71 Cragar.
    Now THAT'S cool!!!! Oh and my SS's are pitted...the chrome is pretty cheap on them.

RC Champion
    I have this 8-71 longer than I have my family. Was going to use it on my jet boat but didn't want to give up the passenger seats. Went tunnel ram instead.
    Different technology and process back then. They are still boss.
    Everytime I go to a swap meet, I try to look for a NOS set. Been looking for over 20 years. No luck yet.

RC Champion
    This thing will do 85 on water. 200 feet rooster tail. The best part. No cops on water. Banzai

Nice! The guy that helped me build the motor for my Cuda has a blown BBC in a 20' Larson. We were "asked" to leave a lake in central WI....lol

RC Champion
    Been there. RCMP showed up. Loved the boat. Did his thing and left.
    Wide open from that point on. Oh well, don't like it when I am respectful. There are more places for you to go....

RC Champion
    Man those speed boats that throw huge roosters are awesome. I've always wanted to ride in one.

Guys I'm helping a buddy witha build soon. It's gonna be a Nissan D21 pickup with a SR20det swap. It's gonna be a sweet little drifter speeder truck. Nothing crazy but it'll be fun with 400 ish horsepower.
    Slash 4x4 built w/ RC4WD PRL RPM STRC TRX and MIP

RC Champion
    Skyline motor in a mini truck. Sounds like fun. 411's with a locker is next. Should be able to smoke the hinds till u let off. But why.

RC Champion
    Just because it's real cheap and no one else has really done it. And he's just doing this while he slowly builds his R32 skyline. He just doesn't have enough to build the skyline right now. And plus the truck can be his daily so the skyline doesn't add up to many miles.

RC Champion
    I should b more specific about my comment. What I meant was Why lift the throttle. Keep them howling and smoking.
    Its nice to c the whole hot rod scene has come the full circle.
    When I was a teen, I put small blocks in Chevy Luv truck and Datsun 240Z.
    When I was in my late 20's, small blocks in S10 trucks. Did the whole lo rider thing.
    Now, full roller blown nitrous fed big blocks in whatever it will fit.
    If its in your blood, they only go faster.
    Shiny side up....

Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    Here's my 1974 Camaro I had when I was 18.
    LT1 350 c.i
    Edelbrock torquer manifold
    Holley 650 double pumper
    TH350 with 1800 rpm stall converter
    Hooker Headers
    Edelbrock heads (had to clean them up at the machine shop though)
    I also installed Cruise control and electric door locks and windows
    Finished it off with a nice paint job upped the anti sway bars and some Craiger rims.

This car drove like it was on rails.... Handled really well.

1974 was the last year of the bumper on Camaro's!!! Last model of Camaro I liked. Not any of the newer models flips my lid.

I thought this might last a while so I held off on my OTHER modd'd car.

1974 Plymouth Duster.
    426 Hemi
    TRW heads, valves, pistons, rods, cams, valve guides, rockers and crank. (Dad worked for TRW) 11.5:1 compression
    Edmunds double duece intake manifold with dual Carter 570 cfm carbs for 1140 CFM's on demand.
    Borg Warner S T10 transmission (fun getting that to fit onto a mopar)
    Direct Connection ignition
    Detroit Locker Rear end with 3:88 gears
    Indian Gumbo's for the track.

Pulled low 9's in the 1/4 but had to run 110 octane or she would run like junk... I really miss this car...

The tow hitch was so I could take my rims and tires and tools with me. Instead of the race car on the trailer it pulled it's own.... loll Also kept people from rear ending me...

All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Champion
    Nice. Haven't seen a L88 hood in awhile. Sure brought back memories.
    Old Mopar is still my favorite. Ran a 72 Demon in division 6 for awhile. 340 x heads 4 gear. Built to the tee per the Mopar bible.
    Would love to get my hands on a 392 Hemi for my baby 8-71. Stuff it in a 48 Ford Anglia or 33 Vicky. That would b trippy to side step the clutch.

RC Champion
    I should b more specific about my comment. What I meant was Why lift the throttle. Keep them howling and smoking.
    Its nice to c the whole hot rod scene has come the full circle.
    When I was a teen, I put small blocks in Chevy Luv truck and Datsun 240Z.
    When I was in my late 20's, small blocks in S10 trucks. Did the whole lo rider thing.
    Now, full roller blown nitrous fed big blocks in whatever it will fit.
    If its in your blood, they only go faster.
    Shiny side up....
    Its pretty insane what some people will think of and do. The whole hot rod scene does some crazy things now. Like a LSX in a Miata... just ridiculous.

Nitro that is an awesome car! running 9's is something to be proud of too. Pretty fast car there. And 110 octane is pretty high, not surprising it didnt run that great. But well enough I guess.

RC Qualifier
    9s holy shiploooza fastest car I ever built was a 93 notch. Ran 10.9s and twisted the frame up so bad looked like it was crab walking after 3 passes. Needless to say it was parted out and I'm hunting a nice affordable roller notch to start over with. Guess the rcs have to satisfy my urges for a while....
    Josh

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Bash'n'slash View Post
    Its pretty insane what some people will think of and do. The whole hot rod scene does some crazy things now. Like a LSX in a Miata... just ridiculous.
    Look up Drag Week. Check out Larry Larson's S10 truck. That's the big league.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonj1018 View Post
    9s holy shiploooza fastest car I ever built was a 93 notch. Ran 10.9s and twisted the frame up so bad looked like it was crab walking after 3 passes. Needless to say it was parted out and I'm hunting a nice affordable roller notch to start over with. Guess the rcs have to satisfy my urges for a while....
    Josh
    10.9 is a great street car. A good dose of juice. You are in the 10 O's.
    U don't want to go any quicker than that. Then u will need sanctioned license, chassis tag, Nomex, on and on....
    The Fox body stangs are pretty hard to beat in terms of cost effectiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Bash'n'slash View Post
    Nitro that is an awesome car! running 9's is something to be proud of too. Pretty fast car there. And 110 octane is pretty high, not surprising it didnt run that great. But well enough I guess.
    Did I read this right?

First thanks for the compliment on the car. As far as the octane,,, look at the compression ratio. This was an all gas car with no power adders. 11.5:1 compression you will be lucky to get all 8 candles to light... Back then any Sunoco had 1 pump that they sold 110 octane.

Low 9's in the 1/4 without nitrous, no turbo, no supercharger, no forced air induction, no trans brake, non of that stuff... It was two things, a mechanically well set up ride and a guy who can launch his car and keep it straight and keep i stuck to the road....

Oh, and just a change of the rear rims and tires and it was my daily driver too. But back then gas was a LOT cheaper.... Racing fuel costs thee days is nuts!!!!

All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Champion
    They are getting out of control. A 54 gallon drum of VP Racing C12 is over 1K these days. Oh well, pay to play. At least it smells nice out of the exhaust and get you thru the speed trap in a big hurry.

RC poster
    A lot of really nice hardware in here.
    T-Maxx 4910/2 Slash

RC poster
    Random Question: Has anyone else seen the 2016 Civic R? C&D Magazine says it does 168mph w/ 306 turbo hp. That's nuckin futs!
    It was RTR, time to support my LHS' (/ิ_ิ)/

RC Qualifier
    A place where I have food, shelter, shower, water, bed and internet
    well my family only has a 2.0L diesel Volkswagen sharan. I want to get the Dodge Charger 2015 Hellcat when Im older
    Sl4sh, Arrma Talion, Stamp4de, Castle, MIP, RPM

RC Enthusiast

Slightly modified

RC Qualifier
    A place where I have food, shelter, shower, water, bed and internet
    I would love to throw in a super charger or k and n stuff in the vw sharan
    Sl4sh, Arrma Talion, Stamp4de, Castle, MIP, RPM

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678