RC poster

integy snow tracks

I tried the integy tracks on my telly. They get a bit stiff in the cold. The velineon ESC thermalled after 5 minutes from the load.

Last edited by hunnerbunner; 12-09-2013 at 11:31 PM.

Welcome to the forums! Nice video, it's cool to tracks like that!
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

Before anything else I want to say thanks for posting the video, good job, and looks cool.
    However, just like almost every other snow track video I've seen, the vehicle does not ride on the snow but in the snow. I've not seen an available set of tracks that significantly outperforms a good set of snow-specific tires, especially given their cost.
    That truck was pushing a lot of snow at the end of the video - a sure way to shorten a day of fun. I think the only way to make tracks truly work on these machines is for them to stretch between and around the front and rear wheels and be much wider than the stock wheels. Unfortunately, that would require independent left and right throttles, and that's nor something these trucks were ever meant to do.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC poster
    I do wish the tracks were several square inches larger. As it is they are the best performers I've come across so far. The drive cogs are jam proof unlike the predators and the radio shack tracks. Integy should have used a link belt style track like they did for the larger versions.

I wonder if the large ones would fit?
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Racer
    Did you gear down on your pinion so it wont over heat as easily?
    Blue 1/16 summit vxl crawler

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by cjroy1998 View Post
    Did you gear down on your pinion so it wont over heat as easily?
    I put a titan 550 21 turn in it. With the stock gearing it barely gets warm now.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    I wonder if the large ones would fit?
    The wheelbase is too short for the big ones. They might fit on a regular slash 4x4 but I don't want to spend the money to find out.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    1 integy summit trax weighs about as much as the teli itself.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Qualifier
    Nice video, I've wanted to see a video on those tracks, are they really worth the money?
    And we thought toy grade RC's where cool...

I agree with ksb.
    If the tracks performed like thier 1:1 counterparts...
    The truck would be riding on top of the snow instead of pushing through it.
    I'd rather just have a set of good tires and save the weight/cash for other things.

*Edit...I just watched a couple videos of the bigger tracks on a Summit and Revo...and they don't seem to do much better.They perform essentially the same as the Telluride above.
    Last edited by dcfox; 01-01-2014 at 06:15 PM.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Champion
    I think paddle tires are the way to go considering the price and performance aspect.
    Slash 4x4 LCG+(rolling)HCG, Slash 2wd(raptor)

Cool video, thanks for posting.

But, how hard they are on drive trains has kept me from getting a set for my scaler. To work right, there needs to be an option for a wider track, like on the Kyosho Blizzard.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Keep in mind, if scale is considered, these tracks are actually moving the truck through about 5 feet of snow. Ive been to West Yellowstone Montana and seen the tracked vans driving through the trails. They do NOT ride ON the snow. At least not on soft stuff. They sink WAY down. On hard pack they are great. Go anywhere. But in the deep stuff they act exactly like the ones in this video.

An RC is so different though in that even the stock telluride tires will provide more than adequate traction and flotation on hardpack. If scale was considered, a telluride with stock tires can traverse far deeper snow than its 1:1 counterpart in 1:1 snow.

RC poster
    still playing with the tracks a year later.

Last edited by hunnerbunner; 03-01-2015 at 10:45 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Keep in mind, if scale is considered, these tracks are actually moving the truck through about 5 feet of snow. Ive been to West Yellowstone Montana and seen the tracked vans driving through the trails. They do NOT ride ON the snow. At least not on soft stuff. They sink WAY down. On hard pack they are great. Go anywhere. But in the deep stuff they act exactly like the ones in this video.

An RC is so different though in that even the stock telluride tires will provide more than adequate traction and flotation on hardpack. If scale was considered, a telluride with stock tires can traverse far deeper snow than its 1:1 counterpart in 1:1 snow.
    I think even considering scale, these tracks do not perform like the 1:1. How far down do the real tracks sink in soft snow...a few inches, maybe more? Scale being considered these integy tracks are sinking 2or 3 feet into the snow! Like ksb said, they are just pushing through the snow and are not riding on it at all. I really don't think the 1:1 tracks get completely buried, even in soft stuff.

They may look cool standing still but they don't seem to perform very well at all, unfortunately.

RC poster
    that first video was 8 inches of virgin Utah pow at -20f. so light and fluffy you couldn't make snow balls.

watch this guy hit pow about 2 minutes in:

he was definitely bumper deep in that stuff. notice how he mostly stayed on the packed trails and windblown crust.

I will get some new snow tracks vid when I go to Utah in a couple of weeks. i'll show it on normal snow where it does a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by hunnerbunner View Post
    that first video was 8 inches of virgin Utah pow at -20f. so light and fluffy you couldn't make snow balls.

watch this guy hit pow about 2 minutes in:

he was definitely bumper deep in that stuff. notice how he mostly stayed on the packed trails and windblown crust.

I will get some new snow tracks vid when I go to Utah in a couple of weeks. i'll show it on normal snow where it does a lot better.
    I would love to make a 1/10 scale raptortrax
    Monster Energy & F-150 Raptor, Teton, Slash 4x4

RC poster
    Here we go on normal snow.

on, in, who cares, looks awesome to me, wish I could have a set.
    He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.