Thread: Fishing

RC Qualifier

Fishing

Like the title says does any one on here ever go fishing. Dosent matter if you have a boat or go to a pond just char about fishing. I will start off im 15 fish with my dad. We go out atleast 2-3 times a week we have done numerous fishing tournaments and although we havent won anything big it is still fun to go and hang out with my dad. My pb bass is 4.5 lbs and I was lucky enough to catch it when it counted we were in a friendly tournament and we would of lost if i wouldnt of caught it second to last cast. Thats about it for me share some of your fishing adventures.

RC Racer
    Yup! I'm 15 and go fishing quite a bit in the summer. I go trout, bass, bluegill and and catfish fishing. I have caught a 2 ft catfish before. Also my cousin caught a 11 and a half inch bluegill
    MERV, Broken Alias.

RC Champion
    I live here in Utah and I live somewhat close to the Uintas. I go fishing here sometimes during the summer. I've had a great time fishing at the lakes up there. The biggest fish I've caught it a 26" rainbow trout. It was a beast to reel in. Lots of fun though. One time when my dad was up fishing at Mirror lake he caught 64 fish in one day! He said he was constantly pulling them in. Best day he ever had.
    Slash 4x4 built w/ RC4WD PRL RPM STRC TRX and MIP

RC Qualifier
    I'm 15 and I go fishing fairly often. I get my license in a couple more months, so I am definitely gonna go hit up the ponds this summer.

RC Racer
    Yes! The Uintas! They are my absolute favorite place to go. Their are so many lakes to fish! Last time at Mirror Lake my brother caught a cool tiger trout and I picked up an Albino trout with my bare hands.
    MERV, Broken Alias.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradens Traxxas View Post
    Yes! The Uintas! They are my absolute favorite place to go. Their are so many lakes to fish! Last time at Mirror Lake my brother caught a cool tiger trout and I picked up an Albino trout with my bare hands.
    Yeah the Uintas are the best. I spent 7 days camping there once. We rode horses into the wilderness area and traveled from lake to lake and just did whatever we wanted. Lol Probably the coolest thing of my life.
    Slash 4x4 built w/ RC4WD PRL RPM STRC TRX and MIP

There's no better therapy for a stressful job than going fishing. Best memories as a kid was fishing with my dad (May he rest in peace).

I share those times with my kids now, hoping they will also have great memories to look back on.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Qualifier
    No fisherman here, I always watch people fish and tend to occupy the bored fisherman when I run my Spartan! I have been a few times though, I wanted to modify a reel to accept a DeWalt... I want a harpoon gun, that should tell you about me a bit! Maybe a cast-a-net cannon! This is a pretty obvious question but, do you guys get irritated when people run there electric RC boats? I have heard some different answers and have even ha some bait fish thrown at my Spartan!
    PM for info.....

RC Champion

Fishing

I live in one of the best places in the world for fishing, it's in fishing mags and tv shows etc... No I don't fish, used to with my dad when I was younger. I much rather hop on my dirt bike and head to the track, I get asked all the time to go fishing and hunting, plus I think fish is disgusting and the smell of it makes me wanna puke. I'll eat smoked salmon though, and a lot of white fish like halibut and cod.

That's my view out my window, the inlet is filled with prawns and crab, everytime we set traps we hit the daily limit with a couple hours, not to mention about 2 minute boat ride from there and your pulling in massive salmon to your hearts content, world renown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stephan81; 12-18-2013 at 12:41 PM.
    R4lly GT8 | Backsl4sh | Sl4sh MT | Sl4sh | P4de

RC Qualifier
    I like to ride my dirt bike too ive been going to the sand dunes for 13 yrs but since it got so expensive and i didnt want to miss school we got a wake board boat and my grama got us a fishing boat and ive been fishing ever since.

RC Qualifier
    Yes, 2-3 times per month, minimum. Its the only hobby/habit I have that competes with my RC racing. Fish for large mouth bass in the spring summer and fall, and crappie in the winter. Catch quite a few nice fish, but I am blessed to have some of the best bass fisheries in the nation nearby. Best of all, I almost always go with my dad and we take my 6yr old son on every other trip.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

RC Qualifier
    I love to race dirt bikes too!! I ride all the time up to my Grandparent's Cabin, and there is a nice lake not to far from there with Trout and Crayfish that are fun to catch. I think since I am gonna be able to drive, I am just going to load up the Dirt Bike, Fishing Pole, and my Rifle, and just take a week or two vacation by myself.

RC Qualifier
    Saltwater is where it's at

RC poster
    Ah yes, fishing...one of my biggest addictions lol.

From spring to fall I fish almost every weekend and some weekdays mixed in also. Almost 100% of the time we can be found off shore on the great lakes chasing salmon and trout. Nothing better then watching a new guys face light up when those big fish take off on a reel screaming run! Best fish on my boat(s) came this summer, 28 pound 39" king salmon. Easily blew our old record of 20 pounds away.

I wish my dad would come out more often, but he's becoming more and more a calm water sailor the older he gets. The times he does come with now are a blast, the times he stays home are normally 3-5 foot waves or so and still a blast lol. He's more then happy to throw at bass or gills now a day's, and it is a nice break fishing inland and not burning 75 bucks or more in fuel a trip. Only four more months and the ice should be about gone...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by joe831 View Post
    Saltwater is where it's at

That some nice size stripers lolz. I go to lake Powell every year and striper fish for 4 days.

RC poster
    I love fishing, It is my favorite hobby, and fish is my favorite dish.....

RC Qualifier
    Count me in on any fishing trips
    I love fishing. Since we live 2hrs from the coast we mostly go there when we can. We are land based, finding rocks and stuff that go out into deep water. Mainly we catch Bream, Taylor, Snapper/Squire, Flathead (all good fighting fish) and whiting, Flounder and plenty of others but naming them would make this post massive. We do head into the rivers a bit but rather the deeper, more surprising waters.
    As for fresh water fishing our local stocked dam isn't particularly good although some people are rewarded here and there with a massive cod. The bass fishing in other dams around us are excellent, although i have never done it. First because i much rather salt water as the fish taste better (normally we eat what we catch i.e. what is within the legal size limit) and secondly because a lot of the bass fishing is done with lures and i am not a fan of lures. I have only caught a few fish on them and have grown up always using bait and i think i always will use bait.
    My biggest fish was an approx 60-65cm Flathead on a 4' rod with 6lb line. Sorry no proof. Was waist deep in water and miles from a camera. I managed to get it right up to me and then the hook came out as i tried to grab it (was a bit slow in this process because i was trying not to get spiked) and i lost it but i estimated its size to be around 60-65cm as i said. That is nothing compared to what some catch but remember we fish from the land or jetty.
    In fact hopefully heading out for some more coast fishing next week. Maybe let you guys in on what we pick up.
    Summit; Spartan; Others yet to come

RC Qualifier
    You mostly fish from a jetty using a 4' rod and no lures? That's odd.

Here's a pic of my friend who likes to fish off the beach a lot.

RC Champion
    I love to fish as well.. wish I had more time to do it though. I used to live on the biggest lake in NJ for years with a new Bass Boat and a dock in my back yard. Those were the days. hybrid striped bass, Large and small mouth, Walleye and trout.. Currently live near a great river that is stocked regularly with trout that I will fish when I have the time. My biggest thrill is fishing with my daughters on vacation in Martha's Vinyard for Stripers and blues right off my inlaws beach. Some years are better than others..LOL Joe831.. I chartered a private boat a few years back and that picture of the boat full of stripers looked exactly the same.. a beautiful thing.
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

RC Qualifier
    Use to be out every weekend with my dad out on Lake Erie growing up. Mainly for walley and some perch fishing. But boat was sold, so now it's just some fishing off the bank on the Maumee River that runs thro my town. Here's a couple pics of the prize winner my friend caught this last summer. No special prize just the biggest that was brought in by my group...
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    MERV SV3/5700
    Slash MMP/2400
    Slayer Pro
    Spartan

RC Qualifier
    You mostly fish from a jetty using a 4' rod and no lures? That's odd.
    Hahah sounds a bit like that aye but that was the rod and line i caught my big flatty on. We actually have 10 Rods and mostly use the 10 footers and the 6 footers. But i still use bait nearly all the time. I have had strikes on lures but only caught 3 fish. All freshwater. never used a lure in salt water but there is always a first time for everything!!! I am not a lure fisherman but i reckon i might try these holidays.

Here's a pic of my friend who likes to fish off the beach a lot.

That is a v nice fish. We also beach fish, as i said anything land based mainly. Still hoping i can go to a beach at night i know where they catch big Jew fish (Mulloway). V nice fish they are. Maybe these Holidays. I always want to catch a fish as big as your friends!!. I will keep persevering i think.

RC Qualifier
    IMO fishing with a lure is much more fun. Not sure about from the land as I only ever fished off a boat, but on a boat with bait is just pretty much drop it straight down and reel it back up. With lure you're constantly in the action. By me we mainly get fluke, but I find it much more fun to get a small bluefish on the top with a lure.

BTW, we have a 44lb striper mounted in the living room and I have a 7ft hammerhead that my dad caught in my room

RC Qualifier
    Used to fish bass tournaments until my back got real bad towards the end of 2011 and ended up having major surgery Nov 2012.
    Fishing is a good sport for a young man to have, as well as a way to keep a family close. You will end up with a lot of fond memories. My dad and granddad got me fishing and have done everything from Ocean Fishing off San Diego, Ca. to fly fishing in the Rocky Mountains and ended up fishing bass tournaments for a time. Lots of work and time.
    Here is one picture of fishing in the late fall on Dale Hollow Lake in Tn/Ky for Small Mouth Bass.

Here is one on the same lake where the high for the day did not get above freezing 32 deg.

Where I work on my RC's is also where I have my fishing gear and worked on it.
    Endeavoring to persevere !

RC Champion
    Fishing is one of my favorite hobbies, I also ice fish often. I usually always take my 1/10 summit with me in case no fish are biting.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Qualifier
    IMO fishing with a lure is much more fun. Not sure about from the land as I only ever fished off a boat, but on a boat with bait is just pretty much drop it straight down and reel it back up. With lure you're constantly in the action. By me we mainly get fluke, but I find it much more fun to get a small bluefish on the top with a lure.
    I agree. To be honest i have tried it and several times even tho i didn't get a strike or catch i enjoyed luring. This was on a kayak.
    I think because i do it off the land i can't get to the good places so i find no point using them. I would love to go bass luring in the dams. Getting them to smash surface lures/poppers looks like killer fun in the videos but you mostly can't do it off the land. You have to get out and around lily pads etc. You never know a day might come where i no longer will use bait, walking around in the shallows going for flatties or whiting with a piece of plastic.

BTW, we have a 44lb striper mounted in the living room and I have a 7ft hammerhead that my dad caught in my room
    Caught in your room LOL. Nice fish.

RC Qualifier
    Bump nobody else fishes. Hard to believe.

RC Enthusiast
    friend of mine caught a 99 pound catfish

RC Qualifier
    Bump. Had a highschool fishing tournament last week and got 3rd place and biggest fish with a 4.51lb bass. Walked home with 162$.
    Slash 4x4 spc powered

RC Qualifier
    First off, stephan81, I love than view out the window, thats awesome. I love fishing and so does my kids. The wife hates it, gets more bored that the kids do. I find fishing relaxing and enjoy my favorite places to go. One of theme where my grandpa used to take me as a kid, love going there alway quite and very beautiful. Most time's you almost have the mountains to yourself it seems, unless its hunting season.

From time to time I'll go fishing with my uncle out on his boat and somehow he always seems to out fish everyone in the boat put together. All my fishing trips are pretty much over for the rest of the year cause the new boss at the second job has me working all weekends.