RC Racer

Throttle problem help!!

So my friend just bought a used traxxas slash 4x4 and he loves it. The only problem is that the throttle is really weird. It will go pretty slow going forward (about half speed) but it will go full speed in reverse. But this happens at random. Sometimes it will work fine and then the throttle problem would happen again. This is his first electric rc so I tried to help him by recalibrating the esc and transmitter and that didnt work. I also checked to see if it was in training mode, but its not. He took it to the hobby store and it worked perfectly so he couldnt show him the problem. He also is too stubborn to call traxxas so I thought I would ask you guys. Any advice on how to fix this problem?

Do you reset the radio? Sometimes the radio can get out of whack. When the radio is turned off, press both buttons and hold them while you turn to radio on. After you turn the radio on, I believe there will be no lights. Press the set button and it reset to factory settings.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Racer
    Thanks for the quick response! I will have my friend try that and let you know if it works or not.

You break you buy

You are quite welcome! Remember that we are here to help! I would like this to feel like a home away from home to everyone.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC poster
    I know this is 10 years later, but did you happen to solve the problem? I have a 2nd hand Stampede (with 3rd party ESC and motor) and my speed is also inconsistent. If I release and pull the throttle again sometimes it goes faster, sometimes not.