RC Enthusiast

Lightbulb Upgrades and Bodies

Hey Guys!

I have been wanting to upgrade my E-Maxx. I put a blue anodized aluminum roll cage. I am planning on some RPM Arms on all corners and some aluminum bulkheads, probably some rpm body posts. I need a new body, my stock already has a few holes in it from bashing. Though I am not sure what bodies to buy?! I only find E-Maxx Bodies for the 3905 and earlier E-Maxxes. I have the 3908L. What fits it?! Also I am getting some aluminum skid plates and new heavy duty bumpers. If I get a new body, how difficult is it to paint? Any other tips would be awesome!
    Everyone was a beginner at one point right...

RC Champion
    http://prolineracing.com/traxxas-e-maxx-168v-bodies/

what type of paint job or one color

RC Enthusiast
    I would probably use Spray Paint and Max 2 Tone pair job. Just like a Black trim and then a Main color.
    Everyone was a beginner at one point right...

Ya, 3908 is the same chassis as the 3905 and 3903, also known as 16.8v E-Maxx and New E-Maxx, so all those bodies should fit. Tamya, HPI, JP Concepts, and several other companies make great bodies, so look at those as well. Proline are good, thick plastic, but some have had issues with it cracking instead of flexing cause of its thickness.

Make sure you use a flexible paint like a lacquer otherwise it will chip off when the body flexes. Love to see pictures and results, im in need of a new body and looking for cool ideas.

Also Revo and TMaxx 3.3 bodies should fit pretty well, just check wheel-base, width and length
    This parrot is NO MORE!!! This is an ex-parrot!!!