Thread: 2S LiPo issue

RC Enthusiast

2S LiPo issue

Hey all, I have had my Stampede 4x4 VXL for less then a week and it came with the 2S 4000mah LiPo that I am having issues with. I use a Venom charger with this LiPo a long with the Venom battery that I have which has no issues. This battery has had 4 cycles through it.

The issue I am having is once the battery gets to about 3.8-3.9V it will turn on the red light on my VXL system and I will only get roughly 50% power, the other battery I have will go all the way down to 3.4 or so before this happens. This battery has been below 3.8 before all the way down to 3.4-3.5 or so. Could there be something wrong with this battery for it to do this?

RC Qualifier
    I believe that is like a warning that the batt is getting low and it's about time to stop running and switch, but don't quote me on this being true.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by rcnewbie1234 View Post
    I believe that is like a warning that the batt is getting low and it's about time to stop running and switch, but don't quote me on this being true.
    I know thats what it means. Its just odd how I can only run for 10-15 minutes before it goes into the LVC mode and its around 3.8V instead of 3.4 or so on my other battery.

There are a few things that can trigger a false LVD:
    1) Faulty ESC
    2) Poor quality pack
    3) Too low of a C rating
    4) Cold
    5) Pack that has not been broken in

1 is ruled out due to the other pack working fine... the rest could still be the cause of the issue.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    There are a few things that can trigger a false LVD:
    1) Faulty ESC
    2) Poor quality pack
    3) Too low of a C rating
    4) Cold
    5) Pack that has not been broken in

1 is ruled out due to the other pack working fine... the rest could still be the cause of the issue.
    It has been cold, I'm thinking it could have something to do with the break in or lack of.