Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Rally Car

RC Champion
    On the rally I'd say and hour would get it apart and together again, just keep track of the screws and where they go. Traxxas did a good job making a serviceable platform.
    Slash 4x4 LCG+(rolling)HCG, Slash 2wd(raptor)

RC Qualifier

Need New Boots

So I cant decide which ones I want.

slicks!

I already own a pair of these black ones. I really like them but I kind of want to try something new.

Or these beauties

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    go for white wheels/ treaded tires

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    go for white wheels/ treaded tires
    Tell me why I really want those....maybe because of all the white wheel hype going down now a days. Especially in the tuner/euro stanced nation lol.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    white stand out at any body you put on I wish GRP would put different wheels with there tires.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    white stand out at any body you put on I wish GRP would put different wheels with there tires.
    Yeah they really do. I cant wait to order them. That would be nice, but luckily i'm a happy drifter so grip isnt my main concern lol.

RC poster
    Hello, nice car you got! What is the tires/wheels you use? And the red thing thats go from the front to the back is what for part? And the wheels that you was mention as suprasale is the one I ment.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Nudde View Post
    Hello, nice car you got! What is the tires/wheels you use? And the red thing thats go from the front to the back is what for part? And the wheels that you was mention as suprasale is the one I ment.
    Suprasales is a seller on ebay that sells the wheels shown above. Pretty bang for the buck out of them too.
    Slash 4x4 LCG+(rolling)HCG, Slash 2wd(raptor)

RC Qualifier
    Well i haven't been here in a while! lol Wow cant believe my post is still here.

RC Qualifier

Well 7 years later here is that same rally!
    Finally have it where I can say Iím happy and done modifying anything on it with the exception of maybe driveshafts (stock plastic still holding great even on 4s) and the aluminum turnbuckles in red but the whole set would set me back about $100 imo not worth it atm with corona. Anyways this is it.

3s I get about 47 mph
    4s I get about 60-62 mph.
    Pinion 22/ Spur 50
    Et-3s flashed with MMP firmware so it runs up to 6s
    Castle 2400kv sensor less motor, hobbywing heatsink, and 2075R servo. Upgraded from old blue 2075 with plastic gears.

Vg racing chassis brace.

Traxxas HD red arms.
    Strc red shock towers , motor mount, and bell crank.
    Traxxas red center drive shaft, red motor mount plate, red casters, turnbuckles, rear bearing hubs , tierod buckles, gtr shocks with vg racing springs, blue 17mm with red hex, aluminum bearing adapter.

Wheels are dboots hoons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Nice rally car you got there.

Quote Originally Posted by RallyX3s View Post

Well 7 years later here is that same rally!
    Finally have it where I can say Iím happy and done modifying anything on it with the exception of maybe driveshafts (stock plastic still holding great even on 4s) and the aluminum turnbuckles in red but the whole set would set me back about $100 imo not worth it atm with corona. Anyways this is it.

3s I get about 47 mph
    4s I get about 60-62 mph.
    Pinion 22/ Spur 50
    Et-3s flashed with MMP firmware so it runs up to 6s
    Castle 2400kv sensor less motor, hobbywing heatsink, and 2075R servo. Upgraded from old blue 2075 with plastic gears.

Vg racing chassis brace.

Traxxas HD red arms.
    Strc red shock towers , motor mount, and bell crank.
    Traxxas red center drive shaft, red motor mount plate, red casters, turnbuckles, rear bearing hubs , tierod buckles, gtr shocks with vg racing springs, blue 17mm with red hex, aluminum bearing adapter.

Wheels are dboots hoons.

Sick! What mods did you do to be able to fit the focus body on? I'm guessing those are the same older style rally A arms?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by mdschmidt90 View Post
    Sick! What mods did you do to be able to fit the focus body on? I'm guessing those are the same older style rally A arms?

Im pretty sure those are just slash 4x4 HD arms. They changed the arms to the slash arms as standard instead of the shorter rally arms I think

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mdschmidt90 View Post

Correct this is a 1st gen rally from the very first production run. So it was basically a Lcg slash with different wheels and body. If you have the old rally with the wife body all you have to do is flip the body post in the back around and it should fit right on. I get minimal to almost no rubbing with 17mm wheels.

RC Competitor
    How much ground clearance does your car have? instead of the smaller rally wheels, would it be a good idea to cut the body to accept larger 2.2 tires?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123