RC poster

First real crash/damage today

I am still new, but this cant be good. Hit the end/start of a guard rail at the track head on at pretty high speed. It was early in the am and I was the only one there, so no one to ask what all I need to fix, will take it to lhs today i guess.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Looks like just a busted a arm. Carefully inspect everything else in the front ent, check your hinge pins for binding. An a arm isnt too $$$ and is easy to swap out. Check out your shock too.

I see the ball pulled out of the rod end on the sway bar link. So you'll need a new rod end or another sway bar kit unless you can pop the ball back in place.. Looks like the front axle is busted too. They come in singles so you can buy just the one that is busted. Or of course go with cvds of your choice at this time . Also check those turnbuckles for bending in that side.
    Last edited by mwe-maxxowner; 12-28-2013 at 11:33 AM.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Racer
    If you got a few extra $$'s, RPM arms are much stronger and have a lifetime warranty

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Sl4sh with CC MMP 3800, 2 mervs, a 3905 BL eMaxx,

RC Qualifier
    Looks like all you need is that's all i see

6851x
    3655x

RC poster
    Thanks guys. I will check all that out best I can and look into the RPM arms as well.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    You certainly can't beat the lifetime warranty of rpm!
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Champion
    Anytime you hit a stationary object the impact is brutal!

A arm for sure, I've never broken a Traxxas one but RPM brand is well proven.
    Looks like maybe output from trans yoke may be stressed open too
    I would think the shock shaft may be bent from an impact like that
    Check threading where tie rods and links are into the plastic in case one got pulled and stopped the plastic
    A arm hinge pin will be needed
    Check 6823 front tie bar for damage too

All inexpensive parts, now you get to learn to take it apart and that is all good!

RC poster
    Well just got back from lhs, turns out I broke the obvious A-Arm but also the plastic coupling/piece that connects the tire rod to the driveshaft (down at the driveshaft). They had both parts but not rpm a-arms, now to see if I can fix this thing but as you said, it will help me learn...oh and while i was there i got these

You can do it. I broke my Ultimate edition in the same location lol. For me I just needed to replace an a arm and I was good. There is a tool that came with your truck that is for the cv axles. It is an easy fix. Remember if you need help, we are here for you
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Qualifier
    I'm surprised no one saw it, but you broke your skid plate as well as the a-arm.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    You can do it. I broke my Ultimate edition in the same location lol. For me I just needed to replace an a arm and I was good. There is a tool that came with your truck that is for the cv axles. It is an easy fix. Remember if you need help, we are here for you
    Thanks! Im gonna give it a try tonight.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Finkledbody View Post
    I'm surprised no one saw it, but you broke your skid plate as well as the a-arm.
    Must just be a weird angle in the pic, I just checked i dont think its broke, no one at the lhs said anything about it either.

RC Qualifier
    Second pic shows the crack pretty good... or its a really clean gouge.

Last edited by Finkledbody; 12-28-2013 at 09:22 PM.

RC poster
    ok yea, good spot, but I took a closer look and its just a gouge in the plastic, didnt go all the way through and actually not as bad as it looks in the pic (thank goodness).

Quote Originally Posted by usmc93 View Post
    Well just got back from lhs, turns out I broke the obvious A-Arm but also the plastic coupling/piece that connects the tire rod to the driveshaft (down at the driveshaft). They had both parts but not rpm a-arms, now to see if I can fix this thing but as you said, it will help me learn...oh and while i was there i got these

You afe going to really love those tires! They have excellent performance and a long tread life. I have tried all the major street tires and those are by far my favorite. I have a thread dedicated to them. http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...andito-SC-tire!!!
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    You afe going to really love those tires! They have excellent performance and a long tread life. I have tried all the major street tires and those are by far my favorite. I have a thread dedicated to them. http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...andito-SC-tire!!!
    El Sob, yea I got them based off an earlier post you did on them...appreciate that. Put them on last night cant wait to run it today in the huge parking lot near my house (plus its a little wet outside)

RC Qualifier
    Did you get a new front swaybar? It looks bent to me. You should be able to pop the pivot ball back in.
    Ultimate Slash 4x4, HCG Slash 4x4, Ruckus 2wd

RC poster
    No i think the swaybar is ok. I got her back together and the new tires/wheels on, gonna do some street tests today and make sure everything is back together right. Learned a lot! Thanks for all the help/comments guys!

RC Qualifier
    That might be my next body. I really like the orange. Matches my snowmobile
    Ultimate Slash 4x4, HCG Slash 4x4, Ruckus 2wd