RC Racer

Busted Bulks with Big Joe's, whats popular upgrade, RPM or Aluminum or ........

So my wife went and got me a bunch of RC stuff for Christmas, which I promptly returned for other RC stuff. I love the fact that she tried, but bought me parts for my Stampede rather than my E-Maxx.

After re-gearing and softening up the suspension, I installed a set of Big Joe tires, which are about bigger and a lot wider than the stock E-Maxx tires. I was having a blast ripping around with the new super traction. In a pile of Wet leaves, on top of Wet Grass in the rain from a roll I could punch it and do mega wheel stands. I was so excited I was driving from the front lawn wheel standing onto the sidewalk, jumping off the curb and skidding to the other side of the street making a U-Turn and doing it all over again. Was FREAKING AWESOME.......... Until...... I kept the throttle on a little longer than I should have, went spinning backwards into the curb on the other side of the road. Leaving my rear sub frame sitting on a 45 degree angle to the chassis. I ripped the rear bulk into 2 pieces. On even closer inspection I also broke one of the steering arms. Not even sure what they are called, but they are in the middle of the truck under the receiver area, connected to the Tie Rods. I will replace those with aluminum arms, but the rear bulks are what I need to talk about.

One side of me says go straight for aluminum rear bulks, they will hold the RPM control arms more solid with less flex, hold the diff better, and in general just be better....

The other side, says go with RPM ones as they will flex, absorb impacts rather than transmit those impacts to other parts of the chassis. I am also worried about snapping off screws and getting parts stuck in the aluminum that would otherwise be easy to remove from the RPM bulks.

So what is the general consensus........ What brands do people recommend.

The truck is all about bashing. Used on every surface you can imagine.
    EMAXX 3908,MM2 Waterproof. Lots of Hand Made Parts

RC Qualifier
    Man i have done the same thing. I run flm rear bulk and rpm front. Sence i have put the rpm on the front i have broke the chassis twice. So yes get the rpm but remeber fix one weak link find another. I will post pics of it layer tonite.

RC Qualifier
    What kind of budget do you have? Great Assembly 7075 bulks are winning. But the price is $150 a pair...

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    Big Air Don't Care

RC Racer
    You could also try the Fast lane hybrid bulks so you can upgrade to a 1/8 diff. I wouldnt be worried about getting screw stuck. Its like any other metal, if you break a screw you can always get it out and if needed you can get M3 Helicoil kits.

RC Qualifier
    +1 on the FLM bulks. A must far a hardcore basher because of the 8 scale diffs.

BL Race Emaxx
    Castle/Tekin Slash 4x4
    😞Flux Scream😞 Muggy
    Summit

RC Champion
    I got a cheap golden horizons front and rear aluminum and haven't had a prob in over a year.
    Merv, Sl4sh, P4de, Embe, Slash
    2400/2200/4000kv