RC Enthusiast

Those with aluminum motor mounts

All of you that have some form of an aluminum motor mount I have a question. I received my King Headz aluminum motor mount today and installed it. I noticed that the driveline seems to be louder now, yes the mesh is right and the clutch is perfect. I am assuming this is due to the aluminum vs plastic that it is louder? Anybody else notice this?

RC Champion
    I installed my KHZ motor mount and Revo slipper at the same time and noticed a growling noise. I pulled it all apart and couldn't find anything, or so I thought. The growling was caused by the pinion grub screw rubbing on the spur gear. It shaved some of the teeth down. Maybe check to see if you have a similar situation. Mine is as loud as stock since I have replaced the spur and adjusted the pinion gear.
    Was an xl-5, now its vxl-ent!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dcsally97 View Post
    I installed my KHZ motor mount and Revo slipper at the same time and noticed a growling noise. I pulled it all apart and couldn't find anything, or so I thought. The growling was caused by the pinion grub screw rubbing on the spur gear. It shaved some of the teeth down. Maybe check to see if you have a similar situation. Mine is as loud as stock since I have replaced the spur and adjusted the pinion gear.
    Interesting, I am not sure how the pinion gear grub screw could have backed out. I don't think that is it, but I will check it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I think you are probably right.

I am sure the aluminum is amplifying any sound that was already there

I will say mine got louder after I installed the motor mount and plate as jumbo said it's because the stock plastic deadeneds the noise and the aluminium enhances it......peace....ps but less side flex and it will dissipate heat more than stock
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    I will say mine got louder after I installed the motor mount and plate as jumbo said it's because the stock plastic deadeneds the noise and the aluminium enhances it......peace....ps but less side flex and it will dissipate heat more than stock
    I love it so far. I haven't run it again since tightening my slipper up a little, I noticed it was slipping more than usual. I also noticed in the current temps we have been having here before I would get up to 120 or so and it did not go over 100 or so.

Sounds like it's doing it's job already man.......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!