RC Competitor

Integy vs strc front shock tower

So I recently purchased the Integy front shock tower.

http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...0#.Ust9GH-9KSN

But before installing it I started to think that it was more just for show. I really like the STRC products and I feel like I should have gotten one. I guess I got the integy one because I thought that it not having a crossmember maybe make it lighter. However I am starting to think that I should have Gotten the strc.

Any thoughts?

Not a fan of aluminum shock towers period, that is a place that takes a direct shock in most crashes.

There is a ton of info on Integy, the general rule is to only buy their parts if you are building a shelf-queen that is not likely to support its own weight.

With that, between the two, I'd go for the STRC part, they at least act like they care about their customers.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Competitor
    Hmmm... Scott I did go with rpm in the rear. I was planning on aluminum for the front because I read the stability may help with steering. Although I do get crazy and crash big. So now I'm even more confused. On another note I haven't broken any front end parts. My rear is all done up.

RC Competitor
    Any other advice ?

You should of gone with STRC, I like the blue anodizing more than the bluish-purple color that Integy uses. In my opinion, STRC is machined better, but still packs bad hardware.
    I'm not driving fast, I'm flying low.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvettedan22 View Post
    Any other advice ?
    Avoid Integy at all cost, just as GreatScott says in so few words, their junk, you may hear of some one here or there have luck but their one in a million.
    I would also concur on any plastic shock tower being better, once aluminum bends its done, plastic will give to play another day.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonInside View Post
    You should of gone with STRC, I like the blue anodizing more than the bluish-purple color that Integy uses. In my opinion, STRC is machined better, but still packs bad hardware.
    Just installed my strc front shock tower and I agree the hardware it's the greatest
    Wish they wernt philip screw heads
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Competitor
    Thanks guys, so seems like although strc is most popular, for this part rpm plastic may be the way to go ?