Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My LCG Chassis

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm

My LCG Chassis

I figure I will just put all phases of this truck/car's evolution into this one thread. After all it just cant stay in one configuration forever.

I have been wanting a trx lcg chassis forever. Genius Traxxas. 1/2 to 1/3 the price of the competition 8)

This will be on road. Not sure if I want a 1/8 scale street Bandit, or street truck.

CC1512 1800kv on 4-6(maybe)s with mmp. Here it is next to the 4600:

Savox 0251:

Protrac kit, Big bores, Slayer tubes, alum strc bulk, and 4x4 crank. I placed an rc10 shock spacer (cut the nub off and its a direct fit) under the spring to stiffen it up for the beefier servo.

De-chromed some all stars:

And here is how she sits now:

Ya can't polish fertilizer...

Looks really fast! Seems like you've got lots of upgrades on it already. so what are you gonna use it for? Race, or bash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good so far. That castle motor will make that slash fly. What type of body would you put on it if you decided to make it a street truck? Jconcepts scalpel?? Good luck on the truck!
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Champion
    You are in deep on this monster! Wow 1800kv, a torque monster you will be roasting tires
    I think you will need slicks for the rears to get max grip for your onroad use? Very cool start Rag man!!

RC Qualifier

My LCG Chassis

Y do u have the tire treads going different directions from front to back, n opposite fronts
    "Jedi Master"

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by kwitty View Post
    I think you will need slicks for the rears to get max grip for your onroad use?
    Those tires will turn into slicks real quick with that monster of a motor in there.

I have heard that there are cleanance issues with the bellcranks, did you have any?
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Quote Originally Posted by iZach98 View Post
    Looks really fast! Seems like you've got lots of upgrades on it already. so what are you gonna use it for? Race, or bash?
    Street bashing at first. After that, not sure, but it will change from time to time. Carpet sct racer, scb, monster truck,

Quote Originally Posted by dgudenau View Post
    Looks good so far. That castle motor will make that slash fly. What type of body would you put on it if you decided to make it a street truck? Jconcepts scalpel?? Good luck on the truck!
    Yeah, I was thinking scalpel, or the 66 ford sct proline body

Quote Originally Posted by kwitty View Post
    You are in deep on this monster! Wow 1800kv, a torque monster you will be roasting tires
    I think you will need slicks for the rears to get max grip for your onroad use? Very cool start Rag man!!
    Hopefully slipper setting and castle link will help me save them, but yes, I do see tire wear issues. I will be trying a gyro also so that may also help a little

Quote Originally Posted by Rc_REV View Post
    Y do u have the tire treads going different directions from front to back, n opposite fronts
    PHEW! Good thing I did not glue them. I still need to tape the tires
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    I have heard that there are cleanance issues with the bellcranks, did you have any?
    The same as a stock truck. You cannot use the super tall hollow balls. I used the smallest ball that has a lip, and countersunk 3mm bolts and there is a ton of room. You dont need the countersunk screws. stock screw heads are fine.

So I never seem to finish any projects anymore...

Do not have very much "me" time with work right now so I have decided to post some small manageable lists of things to do to get what I want done, done.

Next week or so:

1 make a dang decision on a body
    2 solder the 6.5mm castle bullets to the mmp
    3 order ft and r proline bumpers
    4 order the HR composite gearbox so I can replace the damaged motor plate on the alum one.

RC poster
    what are those tires and rims? will they fit a normal body?

RC Qualifier
    They look like road rage tires - I got mine on some wheels for a jato. They run nice on the regular body
    "Jedi Master"

RC poster
    they sure look sweet! so no clearance issues? i run stock tires for now but if i am going to buy a new set it will some sort of street tire.

Nice rag6, getting ready to order more parts as I type.
    That chassis and pro spec shocks should help my grandson in his new racing class this summer, if they let him race pro open at 10 years old.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

The rims are traxxas all stars. Sprayed them with easy off oven cleaner and 20 min later rinsed them with water=black all stars. Dont use the cheap dollar store oven cleaner here. get the expensive stuff. These are pede ft offset, I have to wait to get a body to see if they are too wide. With the pro track kit I may need to use the more narrow offset rear pede rims to fit under the body, so Have to wait to glue the tires. Tires are proline road rage and they are not as tall as sct tires so should be able to get them under the body without clearance issues.

Billy, for as much as you compliment his skills, he sounds good enough to run with the old heads 8)

RC Qualifier
    How'd you manage to get the garage door opener's motor in the Slash? lol Nice rig! Hopefully you guys can make it out to the track again this season, we had a blast!
    Slash VXL
    Rustler Hobbywing
    Summit 1/16 VXL

RC Enthusiast

Bell Crank

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    The same as a stock truck. You cannot use the super tall hollow balls. I used the smallest ball that has a lip, and countersunk 3mm bolts and there is a ton of room. You dont need the countersunk screws. stock screw heads are fine.
    Will the Traxxas aluminum bell crank work (3743X)? Also not sure what you mean by super tall hollow balls... pic?

Thanks,
    H

First off, "You the Duck!"... Loved that movie!

Any crank that works with the original chassis should work with this one.
    I should have used "tall" instead of super tall as traxxas makes taller ones than these. The one on the right is the one that give you plenty of clearance:

You can see it mounted in pic #5 in post 1 above, and there is about 3mm clearance using the countersunk screw heads. tons of room. if you use the stock screws and tall balls, the ears on the crank will just rub the screw heads.

So, have to scrap the pro 2 rear bumper idea. The 40mm motor can leaves no room for the lowest bumper mount, so no reason to order the HR motor plate.
    Cant find my 6.5mm bullets.

so much for completing my first list lol.

So, changing my first list:

1 Find 6.5mm bullets
    2 decide on a body
    3 come up with a bumper solution.

I dont want to scrap the pro 2 bumpers. I may have to go to the 2400 funnycar motor if I want to run higher voltage, but that rules out 6s 8(

Quote Originally Posted by BanditTransit View Post
    How'd you manage to get the garage door opener's motor in the Slash? lol Nice rig! Hopefully you guys can make it out to the track again this season, we had a blast!
    Hopefully we will make it out this spring. We def had a blast Ryan. If so, this chassis will be my platform. I will def bring a better selection of tires this time, and come sat for some much needed practice lol 8)
    Last edited by rag6; 01-14-2014 at 09:43 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the clarification Rag6.

Anxiously waiting on my LCG kit to arrive.

Found by 6.5 mm bullets. Also got a set of losi scte shocks. How about this body?

RC Qualifier
    Here's a couple pics of my lcg project! Need to take some better pics though...

Found by 6.5 mm bullets. Also got a set of losi scte shocks. How about this body?
    C'mon guys, yay or nay?

KY, like the "spc" graphic in your second pic.
    Here's a couple pics of my lcg project! Need to take some better pics though...
    Is that a graphic, or paint. What body is that?
    Last edited by rag6; 01-25-2014 at 02:42 AM.

RC Qualifier
    C'mon guys, yay or nay?

KY, like the "spc" graphic in your second pic.

Is that a graphic, or paint. What body is that?
    Thx and it's actually a sticker I got with my new spc lipos I ordered and the body is a electrix 1/10 sc body was the cheapest one I could find at the time but actually has grown on me! Actually had to make new mounting holes in the body because the original ones were way to far forward by a little over an inch.

I'll try and take some better pics once I get new shock tower next week an get it back together!

Looks like this.....

All in pieces 😭

RC Qualifier
    Is that all you're leaning towards? It looks good I personally like to see options though

RC Qualifier
    I also put a hot racing bell crank on it but I'm having a problem with the servo not returning the wheels to center some times it does sometimes it doesn't so after it's back together I have to figure that out

My trusty radio shack 50w adjustable iron does not have what it takes to solder 6.5mm bullets. Gonna have to pay to get them done.

Got the losi shocks mounted. Nice shocks. Pics when I get time. By the way, anyone know of a spring chart for the scte shocks?

Gonna go take a quick look at bodies right now, but that Kyosho above for 53 shipped is gonna be hard to pass up.

RC Qualifier
    That body would look great.

The Protoform PF-8 would work too. I know for a fact they fit the Slash. Make sure you don't trim that front splitter off. You need it to prevent blow-overs.

I am passing it up. Found a car I have always wanted...

EDIT:
    ^^^I had a pf8, but the body I just found is pretty sweet:
    Last edited by rag6; 01-26-2014 at 09:09 AM.

RC Champion
    Sweet build rags, ive been looking into this chassis im starting to like it. Hows it handle for u? I was going to make an extended pede with a aluminum chassis but this looks cool to and way cheaper i bet. I wont be putting a body on that covers the wheels it'll be more like a stretched rustler

Does the chassis come with the front skid plat?
    And is that like a rustler bell crank?
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-08-2014 at 09:51 AM. Reason: merge

RC Champion
    Slayer tubes
    What are you using the Slayer Tubes for? I can't figure out which Aluminum Toe Links / Turnbuckles to use for Rear Toe Links, Front Toe links and Steering Turnbuckles. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and nice build too.

Erevo
    Slash 4x4 x2
    MAXX

@summitbasher
    You use the same rods for all the links. You have to adjust them with the red spacers. Let me get the part numbers...

@rraattrroodd
    I have not run it yet, I am getting this together for the bashing season at the moment:

In fact, the motor in the slash above is going into the revo, and the brushed revo system is going into the slash 8). Gonna pick up a 4s 50c from spc for it. Its also gonna turn into a 1/8 2wd buggy before the on road build is finished.
    I have to get the revo squared away before I start switching this to buggy. Just need an esc for the revo, then this will be back in spot 1 on the workbench...

EDIT:
    Here are those part numbers, this works with pro trac arms, not sure if stock arms will work.

You need 3 5918x

and 1 5133

You may have to shorten the short ball ends to make those rear links short enough. I think you can get those links 6mm shorter per link by cutting the ball ends to get the neg camber you want. I think mine were shortened
    3mm to get -1 degree of camber, but dont quote me on that. Been a while since this truck has been in a box. I also believe I used one spacer on each of the 4 front links to get the correct camber and toe. Again, dont quote me on that... You will have to experiment to get the settings you want.
    Last edited by rag6; 03-08-2014 at 11:01 PM.

RC Qualifier
    just make sure you use a bec with the savox servo could cause a problem down the road with the castle esc
    Kyosho Inferno VE, Anza Slash, Rustler VXL

the savox 0251 runs just fine with all 3 of my mmp,s it is not an amp hog like the higher end savox's...

So I cant get the 4s pack I want at the moment, so threw the 4600/mmp geared 60/15 back in, got some s1 tires, an rpm ft bumper and a platinum body(no paint yet). Ordered the hr sealed diff, and an rpm bumper mount and bumper. Hopefully they will come by Saturday to get this up to the bashplex on Sunday, but I am not holding my breath on that. So it has morphed into an sct. Guess that is the way its going to get its first drive... I will post pics after paint.

RC Qualifier
    Rag, there's a listing on TLR's site for the optional tuning spring rates in the "Option Parts" section. It doesn't list the soft/med/firm rates, but the "color" spring rates, if that makes sense.

Painted the body today, under a bridge because it was raining lol, so I could have the truck up and running for tomorrows bash session. Hopefully will get some pics and vids...

Pics of after its inaugural 30,000 mah:

Broken rpm rear bumper. 1st pack:
    Last edited by rag6; 04-07-2014 at 04:56 AM.

RC Qualifier
    30,000 mah??? Are you serious?! How long did it run for? Jeez!
    "That don't make NO sense!"

Quote Originally Posted by seanycool View Post
    30,000 mah??? Are you serious?! How long did it run for? Jeez!
    Thats a long time. I have a 5,000 mah 2s and it lasts about 30min.
    He ran for 30,000mah so 5,000 x 6 = 30,000 mah. 30min x 6 = 180min or a total of 3 hours of run time.

It was actually more than that lol...33,400.

3x 5000 mah packs, 2 6500 packs, and 1 5400 pack. I brought no spare parts, just a couple of tools, went down 3 times with loose screws, a rounded hex nut on 1 set of tires, and a 3mm locknut backed off and was lost, but kept it running all day. I had an awesome time, and love the new chassis...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast