RC Racer

ok finally smoked motor

finally smoked the stock 12t motor now its time to upgrade to brushless
    im looking at 2 systems im pretty sure i have it narrowed down but wanted everyones opinions

castle creations sidewinder sct system with 3800kv motor
    traxxas vxl

im mainlly leaning towards castle because i have had nothing but bad luck with traxxas electronics the last 3 years servos,rx/tx,esc,motors and im talking with in 3 months old i bought 4 1/16th slash's last year within 1 month every one needed a servo and rx, telly was 3 days old needed pinon/spur 1 month old rx, vxl rustler after 4 months had to push start it for it to take off..

had a blitz with a castle system in it it was a beast 2s all day pack after pack 40 mph back flips off ramps at a skate park and would keep going

so whats everyones thought on both systems

IMO, I would get the Castle system. It's cheaper, and it has more programmable features too.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Racer
    That's what I'm thinking

RC Champion
    Are you looking at crawling or go fast?

If you want go fast, those systems or the Mamba Max Pro SCT would work well with low kV motors.

Crawling on the other hand, stay away from the Sidewinder unless you plan to stay brushed. I wouldn't go lower than 21 turns on the motor, probably the Maxx/Revo Titan 21t with the shortest gearing possible, and then up the voltage.

Otherwise, I'd go with a sensored system like Tekin if you want to go all brushless or buy a MMP or VXL ESC and get a 17.5-25.5 turn sensored motor, "550" sized if possible. I'd still do the whole gear down/volt up thing there too since all three should be able to handle at least 3s.
    Last edited by bjoehandley; 01-13-2014 at 12:58 AM.
    https://www.instagram.com/greenjeep1998/?hl=en

RC Racer
    bashing and trail riding
    i need water proof

RC Champion
    The XVL and if there is a waterproof MMP, whose would work good, look for motors with gasket sealed sensor ports. The MMP can go up to 6s, so if you find a motor that can happily take 3s-4s, that would work well.
    https://www.instagram.com/greenjeep1998/?hl=en

RC Racer
    i ordered the castle creations

Great choice...