RC Qualifier

The EQUUS Bass770 (1:1 Vehicle)

Thoughts? I absolutely love it! I would take this over the 2012 CLS-63 AMG (parents had an HPE 750 version, which I drooled over)!!!!

This car has me grinning ear to ear! I will be dreaming tonight!!!!
    Yes, besides the price it seems like a great car!
    LS9 powered at 640HP, 3.4 0-60, 3640 (weight)
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 01-15-2014 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Removed Threats
    PM for info.....

RC Champion
    Lol looks like you scared the opinionated people away. I always enjoy a good eye poppin' jaw dropper design. Very pretty reinvention of a classic mustang. I know there are companies that do this for all sorts of old cars like porsche 911's, some old Jag i can't remember the name of, and i am sure there others. But i do enjoy these companies inventive and very ingenious ideas that become reality. Top Gear, the british version, went over a few of these vehicles.
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC Champion
    The Equus name badge is also on a Hyundai. I wonder if either will sue for rights....
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC Qualifier
    I probably did scare some away but I know if a flame war starts I will say something not very nice.....

It is a very nice car, I did hear about the Name Badge. The Logo is kind of Funny to me, a few years back at a car show a guy had an older model Ferrari (92-96 I think) and it looks almost the same. He had a Ferrari horse but it was looking backwards! This one looks almost identical (in the brain at least...). More than likely around 46 of these will be sold over the next two years so patent issues could arrive or they could stay! Maybe Ford might try to partner with them in a few years.... I wish this would have been the 2015 Mustang...
    I want to know who owns/founded this Equus company!

Don't think I am getting on you you but I have seen others do it: You posted in the same thread within 1 hour, you can edit your previous post within 1 hour instead of creating another reply....
    PM for info.....

I probably did scare some away but I know if a flame war starts I will say something not very nice.....
    and I cleaned it up. Let's not start making threats or setting rules you can not enforce. Talk about the car and leave it at that.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    I treat most forums, or sites like these like facebook which isn't a good thing if you have over protective aunt's....... But ya, about the car... Lol The styling is a lot more like the 60's mustangs. It's definitely a nicer stang than my friends 65 baby blue and white top.
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC Qualifier
    Back to the Car, it's great. I think it would have been cool to start it off in an Electric version. It would have to be from Tesla thoug Whether we like it or not Gasoline will have stronger rules in the next 20 years.

Speaking of Tesla: Look at this page, I am not a fan of the body style but pay attention to the doors
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 01-15-2014 at 09:22 PM.
    PM for info.....

RC Champion
    Holy crapola... That is one sexy beast. The styling is luxury like but the doors... dang... If i could do that with me ranger ^^. I would probably just own a model S if any at the moment. I know Tesla won't be around forever but i'm sure they'll make more incredible models that could be even better. What i really like is the range. It gets 300 miles on a charge usually. I'll probably get 50 lol. That and i may need new tires every other day. Definately a reasonable effeceint dream car. I imagine i'll probably end up owning a 69 Pontiac Trans Am with the big block instead...
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC Qualifier

The EQUUS Bass770 (1:1 Vehicle)

I would get the Tesla S model too! I guess I could also get the Roadster from them so I can just drive into the Grocery store!
    Speaking of grocery store, I was in the parking lot and this old timer came driving up. He was in a 69'or 79' TransAm, it was in great shape with a 450 under the Eagle. I was very tempted to take a picture but I did not want to offend him (had a bad experience one time). No T-top

Back to the 770: I was told today by some near "illiterate" kid that this 770 is not real... Haha, he also thinks a Tesla can only do 30MPH! More like 130mph!
    Last edited by Spartanator; 01-16-2014 at 10:23 AM.
    PM for info.....

RC Champion
    I love the Tesla and think its Ana amazing car but would never own one. I can't stand electric cars. Theirs good and all but you just can't beat a gas motor. There are only 3 Model S in Utah and 2 of them actually parked at my dads office. He said his boss owned one and didn't know about the other. Only a few weeks later the cars were gone. My dad talked to his boss asked him what happened to it. His boss said there was a problem showing up with the cars catching fire. The frame is made out of lipo batteries. That has completely turned me off of that car.

Anyway, the 770 is an awesome car. Absolutely love it!!! Very sexy..
    Slash 4x4 built w/ RC4WD PRL RPM STRC TRX and MIP

RC Qualifier
    I don't think the the frame is made out of batteries or lined with batteries... What was causing the fires is someone Hutton debris or rear ending another car and somehow batteries under the car get poked and boom. There are several Tesla S models down here in Texas. The batteries are at their location for the COG...
    PM for info.....

RC Champion
    Well the frame is not made out of batteries but the bottom of the car is lined with batteries. It adds to the rigidity of the car and keeps the COG low. I think it's an amazing car but if its gonna go up in flames just because something was poked that's a definite turn off.
    Slash 4x4 built w/ RC4WD PRL RPM STRC TRX and MIP

RC Qualifier
    They need a Kevlar/carbon plate to protect the batts!
    PM for info.....

RC Champion
    I agree, there are always room for improvements in most vehicles. There is almost a recall or something problematic with all cars. I truly would love a problem free car but that isn't going to happen. My mother bought a pretty much brand new 2012 Buick Lacrosse and it had transmission problems within a month. It left them stranded in Houston... Not a good place to be stuck on a heavily trafficked road. We now have a Hyundai Sonata and have already had to replace the radio once. It's disappointing how a lot vehicles turn out.
    I don't think I would be bothered by a cars problems if I really loved it.
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC Champion
    Love the design on this thing, just throw a coyote 5.0 crate engine in it and I'll take it!

EDIT: Won't take it for the $250,000 price tag.....
    Last edited by sean1214; 01-16-2014 at 09:08 PM.
    Slash 4x4 LCG+(rolling)HCG, Slash 2wd(raptor)

RC Qualifier
    If you love the car you "want" to fix it more, at least it's that with me... Iv'e been stranded in Houston, we had the LR-4 tire go flat... That was a fun experience on the 610 loop... Good thing Momma' got her carrying permit! There is a few users coming to this Forum from Texas!
    PM for info.....

RC Champion
    Theirs honestly a whole posse of texans on here. We keep our silence about our location cause of security reasons. That is true that if i love the car then i'd fix it. I just would love something stylish, worthy of drooling over, without it sitting in shop on the weekends.
    Sorry if I contradict myself in any post. I am of two minds, opinionated and realistic.
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC Champion
    I think the name is pretty clever, Equis is Latin for horse. Get it?
    Matthew 7:7

RC Qualifier
    Kind of wondered what the name stood for! I still think the logo looks like Ferrari logo getting distracted!
    PM for info.....

RC Champion
    Did someone say Equus?

Sorry I work for Hyundai and thats the first thing I thought of. That is a very nice car.

Sprint S4 | Tapatalk 2
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

RC Champion
    I tried to convince my mother to get the hyundai equus when she got her 2013 sonata. Appearently the massaging and reclining rear seats only are good appeals for the passengers. Or maybe it was the $50k price tag.... lol
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC Champion
    Haha I dont blame her, I myself would rather a Sonata 2.0T. Better gas mileage and power delivery is nicer, seems like a more sporty, lighter car compared to the equus, which of course is more my style.

Then again, I would MUCH rather a Subaru Impreza WRX. Realistic dream car right there. All wheel drive, turbo, that exhaust and turbo sound, love that car.

Sprint S4 | Tapatalk 2
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

RC Champion
    Yep, all these things i wish i had enough money to even make anything realistic lol.
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP