RC Qualifier

stampede or summit

im selling my mini erevo and slash 4x4 to buy a new toy, should it be a summit or a stampede 4x4 vxl? give me the pros and cons of these, thanks!!
    8 traxxas models and counting....

RC Competitor
    I'm in the market and was considering the same 2 vehicles. Real curious about what people have to say. The fan following for each vehicle is crazy and from watching the youtube videos I can see why.

So far from what I've gathered on the pede you have to spend around $150 on top of the price to fix the weak stuff. Heavy duty Drive shafts, 17mm aluminum hex adapters (apparently they are the next weak point when you go with the monster driveshafts), aluminum motor mount (stock is plastic and prone to breakage), and the aluminum bearing adapter (stock is also plastic and prone to failure). That puts the pede at around $550 with extras before any coupons and stuff, which personally I don't mind for the peace of mind. The Summit I haven't done too much homework on but the price is $580 with 2 nimh batteries. I'll be doing a bunch of homework over the next few days and see what the Summit needs. If no one chimes in I'll post up what I found.

Search youtube. A lot of videos on there some have both vehicles together.

Subscribed.

As long as you don't upgrade the ESC/motor combo, the drive shafts of the Pede won't break that fast. I think the 4x4 Pede is one of the most durable Traxxas cars. Pede parts are less expensive.

I'd say you get more fun per dollar with the Pede. Of course it depends of what you want to do wth it.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Qualifier
    If you like going fast and jumping stuff pede would be my advice. I did up the motor and esc in mine but you dont have to. I have mips but they came with steel 14mm hexes so idk why you would need 17mm. Motor mount and bearing adapter also on mine but i've never had a truck last like this. Only thing that really "breaks" is the body. But there are plenty of posts on how to help with this to make the body last

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by K Money View Post
    If you like going fast and jumping stuff pede would be my advice. I did up the motor and esc in mine but you dont have to. I have mips but they came with steel 14mm hexes so idk why you would need 17mm. Motor mount and bearing adapter also on mine but i've never had a truck last like this. Only thing that really "breaks" is the body. But there are plenty of posts on how to help with this to make the body last

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good info. I really like the pede because it's a bit quicker and can handle the jumps. I read somewhere about switching to the 17mm to run 1:8 scale buggy wheels. I guess I should have written to just change to aluminum hexes.

The pede is a tough little monster truck which is so much fun and parts everywhere.get one you will not regret it one bit dude......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Champion
    I'd pick the summit, but they're both awesome. You'll be happy either way.

Or just buy both and don't tell the wife and have the best of both worlds....peace

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Or just buy both and don't tell the wife and have the best of both worlds....peace
    That's a great idea! I might do just that. Haha.

RC Racer

Cool

From a newb standpoint, from the videos I see on youtube, the summit crowd seems to be more of the "hard core" crawler crowd than us "back yard family time warriors", this crowd also seems to be more experienced in rc's and into the higher end models...but that's just my take. I would love to also have a summit and kind of wished I would have waited and just got the summit but I am trying to NOT fall into the "I need one of everything or the most expensive" trap because I already have a garage full of other hobbies items that I need to get rid of now...LOL
    Last edited by moretoyz4me; 01-23-2014 at 06:41 AM.
    Regards,
    Todd
    5806 Raptor, 67054 Stampede

Quote Originally Posted by GabesDad View Post
    That's a great idea! I might do just that. Haha.
    If I had the money I would love the summit because of the Rocky beaches near the house....peace

RC Qualifier
    humm, I have both and I can tell you that I've spent WAY more money on the Pede. I was running 3s LIPO in my pede, which breaks things a lot. Your experience may be different but I had to replace lots of parts.

The Pede is fun. It's fast and there are LOTS of parts for it. The Summit is just plain Awesome. It crushes in any terrain. Climbs over things easily, You can take it anywhere. If you tape the holes in the wheels, she floats in water. Here is a video of my Summit Churning through mud in low gear.

http://s1273.photobucket.com/profile.php?do=editpassword/rc...92524.mp4.html

If I went for a summit it would get a sweet brushless system and a few different wheel and tyre combos plus the new proline apocalypse bodybut I would still not give up my pede.........peace