RC Enthusiast

is this worth it

is the emaxx brushless worth the near $800, because I have a revo and my fried has a erevo brushless so I want to compete with him.

and is it durable
    Last edited by cooleocool; 01-26-2014 at 12:02 PM. Reason: merge

RC Champion
    I guess it depends how much you like the emaxx. They do have their weaknesses. Out of the box the erevo is more durable.

RC Qualifier
    The brushless version offers a slight cost savings over getting a brushed truck, then adding a brushless system. That said, brushless monsters get expensive so whether it's worthwhile is for you to decide.

Brushed is still exceptionally fun with plenty of power and a nice speed bump over the original E-Maxx. The new chassis and steering are a huge improvement, and handling is great. Don't believe brushless is the only way to go, and as of right now very few brushless systems are truly waterproof the way brushed motors are. With the Titans and EVX-2, you don't need to worry about splashes or snow, so that's good for peace of mind.

Several of the original durability concerns remain though, even with selective upgrades. Shock towers and bulkheads can get damaged more easily than with other trucks, but it's still exceptionally strong in many peoples' hands.

RC Champion
    I like to buy them used now. I bought mine for $350 and haven't had a problem in over a year. A lot of the time, you can get them with batteries and upgrades already on them.
    Merv, Sl4sh, P4de, Embe, Slash
    2400/2200/4000kv

RC Enthusiast
    thanks for all of your imput my friend just got a erevo brushless and I want to compete with him because I have a revo 3.3 and that just dosn't have the torc that the erevo and dosn't stand wheeles