RC poster

Best gearing for 1:8 buggy wheels?

I have a slash ultimate stock, I use 2s & 3s 25c batts. What's the best gearing to bash with? I also have a motor and VSC fan too.

Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Do you have a temp gun or temp sensors? The most popular answer usually seems to be start at stock and keep track of your temps and go from there. You don't really want anything getting much over 180. I usually keep a close watch at 170. If it seems to have leveled out there I'm okay. If it keeps climbing I shut it down.

Motor hot and esc cool? Gear down. Motor cool and esc too hot? You may be able to gear up. Both relatively the same temp and under 170? Just right.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC poster
    I have a temp sensor on the motor. Getting a heat gun soon. I'm running 13/54 right now I might try 15/54 today. I'll let you how it goes. Thanks for the info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    1/8 buggy tires aren't generally much taller than sc tires. And they tend to be narrow and light. So I'd imagine something similar to what works with sc tires and careful observation at first would do just fine!
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC poster
    Well I ran 13/54 all day, worked well. My motor went up to 200 pretty fast but I'm thinking it was the conditions not the wheels. Loose dirt, moss and tall grass. I put 15/54 in tonight. Made a 52mph pass on the street with a 3s. Still too early to tell the heat. I'm going to get a temp gun tomorrow for the vsc.

RC Champion
    It will most likely run hot on 3s no matter what. Wait till summer on your second batt
    Merv, Sl4sh, P4de, Embe, Slash
    2400/2200/4000kv