RC Qualifier

who dose not recomend driving the cc sidewinder sct in snow , water

I know its waterproof but who dose not recommend it ?

RC Champion
    I would just try and avoid submerging it
    Merv, Sl4sh, P4de, Embe, Slash
    2400/2200/4000kv

RC Qualifier
    My friend has had good luck with it in the snow and mud. After 3 or 4 months, the BEC died but he fixed that using the castle 10a external BEC. After another 8 months, he replaced it with the MM2. The sidewinder never did die.
    Slash 4x4 - MM2 / 2200Kv
    Rustler SV3 / 4600Kv

RC Qualifier
    I run my in snow literally everyday. Castles power switches suck tho in my experience. I ended up cutting mine off and just connecting the wires so it was always on if the battery was plugged in and off if its unplugged. Anyway yea mine has been fine. Through snow and afew submersions while i was trying to hydro plane a pond. Only is was the switch afew it got wet afew times since i cut it off no issues at all love the thing

Just my 2 cents

RC Qualifier
    what about the fans ?
    my esc fan when I turn it on it starts to turn and make a lot of noise for around 30 sec and then its fine when i rest it its fine, it happens when the car sits for a longer time.
    dose anyone have that problem?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rustler1999929 View Post
    what about the fans ?
    my esc fan when I turn it on it starts to turn and make a lot of noise for around 30 sec and then its fine when i rest it its fine, it happens when the car sits for a longer time.
    dose anyone have that problem?
    Yup mine does that too. Dont know why its done it most of the time i have owned the system. I wouldnt worry about it to much as long as it smooths out after afew seconds its doing its job

Just my 2 cents

RC Racer
    I wouldn't recommend submerging it but you can get it soaked.... I've had mine in and snow.