Thread: Need new tools

RC Racer

Need new tools

Hey guys I am looking for new tools to take apart of my slash 4x4. I'm tired of using allen keys because they take a toll on your hands if you are consistently putting on and taking off screws and my allen keys start to round off .The dynamite traxxas tool kit looks good but is there any other tool kits out there for 30 dollars . Thanks guys.
    Keep Calm and Bash On

RC Champion
    The dynamite kit isn't really that great. The Losi set I had lasted the longest time before wearing out and the losi has enough hex so that you can grind down the worn area and still have a useable tool.

I think this set can be found cheaper, but this is the set I have,
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Team-Losi-Ra...item35d0f68404
    Last edited by Zepher; 01-27-2014 at 06:41 PM.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

I paid $12ish shipped for my Bondhus ball driver set. They have a lifetime warranty which is nice... but I haven't needed to use it in the past 3 years that I have owned the set.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

Traxxas Marshal
    I'll second the Bondhus recommendation. I have a set of Pro-Hold ball drivers, and they have been great. I've been using my set for nearly six years now.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Racer
    Awsome thanks guys. Ill look those up.
    Keep Calm and Bash On

RC Champion
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Metric-Set-Red
    I bought these over a year ago when I bought my slash. Use em every week and never broke one or stripped a screw. Yes they are cheap but Going on over a year with out one problem. Now I use em twice as much as my daughter has a slash. I bought a second set for her (well me she's 5) but she wanted her own tools.

I have an Integy tool set. It was worked well for me for more than five years! I am not the biggest fan of Integy products but they make good tools.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Qualifier
    I have the losi 7in1 tool kit and I've been using it for the past 2 years and haven't stripped a driver yet I love it.

RC Champion
    I use RL logic's heli tool kit, they are very nice but pricey.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Champion
    Just a thought since this thread is going somewhere. Maybe we can post links for purchase of our favorite tools for those that may want to buy what we have?

RC Champion
    Dynamite diamond tip have been great. Had them for 2 years now. Tight tolerance and won't strip. Used on 5 traxxas trucks, 5 planes, trex 500, and other non rc stuff. Ive had the bondhus and I found them only slightly better than regular allen. Both heads on them eventually start to round and strip.
    Merv, Sl4sh, P4de, Embe, Slash
    2400/2200/4000kv

RC Qualifier
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-15-20-25-30mm

The set I bought from the local hobby shop. Still going strong after a year.

This is a set of four Align hex head screwdrivers featuring super hard, distortion resistant high alloy steel tips. The CNC processed aluminum alloy handles are color coded to make it easy to identify the different sizes and are hollow for convenient storage of small components and screws. Tips are replaceable.
    Slash 4x4 - MM2 / 2200Kv
    Rustler SV3 / 4600Kv

RC Racer
    im going to kelowna speedway and hobby or whatever its called tomorrow, i would like a 7mm nut driver. No tool places sell them. I got the t u r n i g y set and they are nice as the 2 most common sizes i put into the drivers and the other pieces are loose but if i need them i have them.