Alias Won't Lift Off / Barely Lifts Off - Easy Fix!

Thanks for the tip and the excellent demonstration. But...is somebody a little camera shy?
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Good video but what else besides a bad motor would cause what you are showing?
    Stampede Vxl Aton Summit

That's how I determined one of mine was bad. Have three replacements standing by.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    Great video. Mine did the same thing early on and I replaced the bad motor only to find out another motor was also weak. I ended up replacing all 4 while I had it opened up. Your advice to check all four is excellent advice. One motor may be weaker than the rest but you could also have another one that is still weak enough not to allow the quad to fly. Thanks for sharing.
    "Better Old and Devious than Young and Exuberant"

Quote Originally Posted by ryan93civic View Post
    Good video but what else besides a bad motor would cause what you are showing?
    If all of the motors are spinning fast and strong when you do the "tilt" test but it still won't lift off the ground, you most likely have an "A" prop where there should be a "B" prop or vice-versa. If you put the wrong prop on, that arm will be pushed down to the ground rather than lifted up. All Alias props have an "A" or a "B" stamped on the bottom near the hub. Make sure you have them all in the correct position. The correct position is illustrated on page 8 of the manual OR you can remember it like I do. With the Alias right side up and the nose facing away from you starting on the front left corner and working your way around the Alias clock-wise, your props should go B-A-B-A. Just think of it as a word "baba", you will never forget it again. The manual illustrates this looking at the the Alias from the bottom so it would be reversed. Don't let that throw you off.

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Thanks for the tip and the excellent demonstration. But...is somebody a little camera shy?
    Not really. I'm a wanted man and don't want them to find me.

RC Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by jdoo View Post
    I remembered your post and the tip. It's nice to have more than one reference. It makes information easier to find.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    I remembered your post and the tip. It's nice to have more than one reference. It makes information easier to find.
    Agree. Propsmoke's video is infinitely easier to understand too.

Gentlemen let's keep the posts on topic please. Traxxas is undoubtedly more aware of the issues with the motors than any of us are has they are the ones who are dealing with the problems of all those who have experienced problems. Polluting every thread with more complaints is not going to help the situation.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    Mine does this, where can I buy just 1 motor?

Thanks

You can find them in pairs or a set only.
    The Super Derecho