RC Qualifier

Going to Purchase an E-Revo (Need Opinion)

Ok, so it's been a while since I have last posted and since I have driven my VXL Stampede. I am currently fixing up my Stampede since the last time I used it the ESC caught fire, so hopefully that's the only thing I am replacing. Anyhow I am going to use my tax refund to get an E-Revo so my question is what is the current highest end E-Revo that one can buy?

Back when I was into things with my Pede the Mamba Monster E-Revo was just released that still the best one or is there a better one?
    I use to have a handle on life, then it broke.

RC Champion

RC Qualifier
    Any good online stores that have good packages for this anyone knows off the top of their head?

RC Qualifier
    That's still the best one mate
    You can get the 5608L which comes with lipos but most would advise you to source your own lipos separately - perhaps from SPC. The MM2 (waterproof) ESC also now exists but I don't think you can buy a E-Revo with a MM2 in it stock - you'd have to buy the E-Revo, sell the ESC and buy a MM2 to install.

RC Qualifier
    Ok well I guess this will solve my entire ordeal. Can I use the ESC that comes with the E-Revo Brushless (Mamba) and put that in the PEDE with the Velineon 3500 Brushless Motor? Anyone know? That way all I have to do is buy the E Revo and the MM2 Waterproof and put that in the E Revo?

RC Champion
    Yes people put the MMM in pede 4x4's but it might take a little modification, but not quite sure.
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

why would you run the velineon motor with a mamba esc,,get a sidewinder or a mamba max pro, it will fit better, and cheaper, the new sidewinder is also waterproof..also you will need 6.5 connector on the motor to match the esc connectors, with the actual wire size on the motor that will be a mission.
    Last edited by NFS; 01-28-2014 at 08:49 PM.

Traxxas Employee
    Go to Traxxas.com, check out the new one available. Waterproof set-up for Brushless now.
    Last edited by Joms; 01-28-2014 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joms View Post
    Go to Traxxas.com, check out the new one available. Waterproof set-up for Brushless now.
    What he said.

RC Qualifier
    What timing.. Just as you were planning to buy an E-Revo and swap out the MMM for the MM2, Traxxas does it for you
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

Traxxas Employee
    Crazy talk

RC Qualifier
    Hahaha oh lucky me! Ok then time ask a more detailed question. I have an android phone. Can I do the same thing I see that they do on iphone with the monitoring of things on an Android phone?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by EngineerSauron View Post
    Hahaha oh lucky me! Ok then time ask a more detailed question. I have an android phone. Can I do the same thing I see that they do on iphone with the monitoring of things on an Android phone?
    No it only works with iDevices, and not the current generation ones. Get an old iPod/iPhone touch off eBay or Craigslist for under $50 bucks is the way in.
    --
    Richard
    ERBE && Slayer Pro