Results 1 to 31 of 31
  1. #1
    Traxxas Employee
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lewisville, TX
    Posts
    30

    New e-revo brushless!!!!

    Water proof electronics in the e-revo brushless!! Who else is excited?!

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    A Cube
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordictxpk View Post
    Water proof electronics in the e-revo brushless!! Who else is excited?!
    Been waiting for something like this for a while now. Going to have to get it.

  3. #3
    RC Champion NFS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,097
    same truck, only change is it comes with a new MMM2 in a blue case.

  4. #4
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    142
    Is this an upgraded mm2?

  5. #5
    Traxxas Employee
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    34
    It is a comparable set-up. It was designed to be a seamless transition, so you should not notice any differences.

  6. #6
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Newcastle, Australia
    Posts
    969
    Here she is: MXL-6S repainted MM2
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

  7. #7
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Yakima, Washington
    Posts
    1,440
    I noticed it does not come on the E-Maxx?
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

  8. #8
    Traxxas Employee nixhex32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Ft Worth, tx
    Posts
    504
    Quote Originally Posted by revoman78 View Post
    I noticed it does not come on the E-Maxx?
    check again..................
    Slash 4x4 lcg(heavily modded), Telluride(modded)gone, TCP, Monster Buggy, Latrax SST(heavily modded), Spartan, "My Summit" pic of that posted in the gallery........and some other things.

  9. #9
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Newcastle, Australia
    Posts
    969
    Quote Originally Posted by revoman78 View Post
    I noticed it does not come on the E-Maxx?
    I guess it will eventually..

    EDIT: Didn't catch the post above
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

  10. #10
    Traxxas Employee
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    34
    It does >.<

    Seen it with me own eyes...

  11. #11

  12. #12
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Yakima, Washington
    Posts
    1,440
    oh ok so the the #3908L is not waterproof and the 39085 is, I clicked on the lipo version.
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

  13. #13
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Newcastle, Australia
    Posts
    969
    Will Traxxas now discontinue the E-Revo and E-Maxx with the MMM? Funny how they made the ESC their own colours this time round..
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

  14. #14
    RC Champion NFS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,097
    Quote Originally Posted by JoelRobbo View Post
    Will Traxxas now discontinue the E-Revo and E-Maxx with the MMM? Funny how they made the ESC their own colours this time round..
    probably yes since castle discontinued the MMM. I don`t like the blue color...I would dye the case..or just replace it.

  15. #15
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Newcastle, Australia
    Posts
    969
    Quote Originally Posted by NFS View Post
    probably yes since castle discontinued the MMM. I don`t like the blue color...I would dye the case..or just replace it.
    Agreed. The MM2 colours from Castle look a lot better.
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

  16. #16
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    39
    I wonder how much they'll sell the new MXL-6s ESC for and if it'll come with the battery plugs already connected.

  17. #17
    Marshal ksb51rl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    20,527
    Quote Originally Posted by NFS View Post
    probably yes since castle discontinued the MMM. I don`t like the blue color...I would dye the case..or just replace it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoelRobbo View Post
    Agreed. The MM2 colours from Castle look a lot better.
    Too funny. Tell ya what: I'll drive by y'all at about 50 MPH (80 km/h) with my Slipstream shell on (windows are only tinted, not painted) and you try to tell me NOT what color you like better, but what color is in the vehicle.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

  18. #18
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Newcastle, Australia
    Posts
    969
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Too funny. Tell ya what: I'll drive by y'all at about 50 MPH (80 km/h) with my Slipstream shell on (windows are only tinted, not painted) and you try to tell me NOT what color you like better, but what color is in the vehicle.
    Well played sir. Well played.
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

  19. #19
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    29
    Ok so that's what the new ESC is just a recolored MM2. I have been thinking of getting one. Just wasn't sure if the motor that comes with the erbe with the mmm was waterproof or not. Didn't want to just buy the ESC and then ruin a good motor.

  20. #20
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. 87 GN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    kansas
    Posts
    8,683
    the motor is fine in wet condition, just don't use it like a submarine..
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

  21. #21
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    854
    Wow, they sure know how to ruin the color schema on this one. I'm glad I bought the MM2 myself instead of waiting for Traxxas to upgrade. I know you won't see the color of the ESC when bashing but we all like to mod and tune our RC a bit while at home, and a blue ESC will not suit my color schema at all, since I'm getting rid of all traxxas blue.
    Ah well, I guess rit dye can get rid of this

  22. #22
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Newcastle, Australia
    Posts
    969
    Quote Originally Posted by WesleyK View Post
    Wow, they sure know how to ruin the color schema on this one. I'm glad I bought the MM2 myself instead of waiting for Traxxas to upgrade. I know you won't see the color of the ESC when bashing but we all like to mod and tune our RC a bit while at home, and a blue ESC will not suit my color schema at all, since I'm getting rid of all traxxas blue.
    Ah well, I guess rit dye can get rid of this
    Watch out, ksb51rl will troll you .
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

  23. #23
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    29
    Yeah, i'm not planning on turning it into a submarine. There's just been days where it has rain or snowed, and I'm wanting to take it out. But not wanting to ruin it.

  24. #24
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    1,220
    "Waterproof" lol....I hope no one thinks that it's actually waterproof, regardless of the fact that none of your connectors are waterproof, including the ones going into the ESC. Splash resistant maybe but to get excited because they label it waterproof is wrong.

    That being said, nope I won't be getting one, especially not the V1 MM2...and I'd never use it thinking it was waterproof.

  25. #25
    Traxxas Employee
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    34
    Waterproof specifically means that it functions fine under water. The connectors getting wet will not hinder the performance of the vehicle one bit. You will still have to go through the normal steps of drying it off (not rust proof), but other than that, it works just fine. The only thing you have to worry about is the fan. As long as you take the proper steps and disconnect it, you shouldn't have any issues at all.

  26. #26
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    1,220
    When I see a video of an Erevo driving underwater, I'll believe you. Until then, I'll stick with common sense.

    Taken from castle's site:

    *Not intended for operation while submerged in liquid. If unit is operated in wet conditions, rinse with fresh water to remove dirt or corrosives, then fully dry unit. Fan is not water resistant. Remove fan from ESC before exposing vehicle to liquids.

    Just sayin' no body should be fooling themselves, then post "my MM2 burned up while driving under water" threads.

  27. #27
    Traxxas Employee nixhex32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Ft Worth, tx
    Posts
    504
    Quote Originally Posted by UberBricky42 View Post
    When I see a video of an Erevo driving underwater, I'll believe you. Until then, I'll stick with common sense.

    Taken from castle's site:

    *Not intended for operation while submerged in liquid. If unit is operated in wet conditions, rinse with fresh water to remove dirt or corrosives, then fully dry unit. Fan is not water resistant. Remove fan from ESC before exposing vehicle to liquids.

    Just sayin' no body should be fooling themselves, then post "my MM2 burned up while driving under water" threads.
    Majority of people will not go out and try to submerge a rc land vehicle. mostly due to the maintenance required to do after words.(cleaning and lubing all bearings.)

    With that said the waterproof esc can get wet, which the older style could not get wet at all. This version will let you northerners take the truck into snow and what not and not worry about a esc going out.
    Slash 4x4 lcg(heavily modded), Telluride(modded)gone, TCP, Monster Buggy, Latrax SST(heavily modded), Spartan, "My Summit" pic of that posted in the gallery........and some other things.

  28. #28
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    1,220
    I hear ya, and get that it can handle moisture, just don't want people to confuse "Waterproof" with "Waterproof*" there is an asterisk there for a reason.

    Never did have much fun in the snow with it, just sinks in and is way over powered for slippery conditions. So in reality, I have 4-5 months a year that I can run my junk

  29. #29
    Traxxas Employee nixhex32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Ft Worth, tx
    Posts
    504
    With the little snow/ice we get, it sure is fun to play in, depending on your tires of course.
    Slash 4x4 lcg(heavily modded), Telluride(modded)gone, TCP, Monster Buggy, Latrax SST(heavily modded), Spartan, "My Summit" pic of that posted in the gallery........and some other things.

  30. #30
    Traxxas Employee
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    74
    A good piece of advise for running in water is to drill two small holes in each tire to allow water to escape. The water will be flung out by centrifugal force while driving.

  31. #31
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. 87 GN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    kansas
    Posts
    8,683
    don't drill tires it could rip the tire. maybe a hot solder iron, with a small round tip, placed in the center of the tire. 180 from each other.




    jm3c.......... waterproof, should be "water resistant".
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •