Australia, which LHS?

Hey Guys,

I might be traveling to Australia for two weeks, which LHS are good? Need Traxxas RCs and spare parts...

And, any Australian online stores with super fast shipping?

Also, how long does it take to TowerHobbies or Amainhobbies to ship to Australia?

I'm banned to buy RC in my country, so the only option is to get them outside.

Thanks!

Daniel.
    He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

Hey Guys,

Also, is the local Customs stopping international orders with some kind of import duty taxes? Or, do packages arrive directly at your house/office?

I need all details I can get, I can't afford any local delays or risk paying more money to receive the packages.

Thanks!

Daniel.

RC Qualifier
    Which part of Australia will you be travelling to? I live in Newcastle, NSW and we have Model Auto Sports who carry a few Traxxas spares but not much and Frontline Hobbies carries nothing at all for Traxxas and is supposedly the biggest LHS in Australia. Shipping from US to AUS is anywhere from 9-14 days. Can I ask why you are banned from buying RC in your country?
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

Hey Joel, thank you for your reply, I still don't know to which part, and I'll probably know just a few days before the flight, so I want to have all available options...

We are banned to buy anything from outside our country now: http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-vintage-fever

And, 9 to 14 days from the US? And with express shipping? Any problems with Customs?

RC Qualifier
    Sucks that you can't bring things in.. I haven't used express postage (bit pricey) just priority mail. I haven't had any problems with customs although I haven't brought any thing like LiPos in yet though. Are you looking to buy product here then post it back to US?

I see... I'm looking to buy spare parts there, mainly LiPos, and get parts from the US, with express shipping. Then, I'll carry everything with me back to Argentina...

RC Qualifier
    I live in Warwick and there is nothing here but in Toowoomba there is 2 HS. One is "PBC Hobbies" and i have seen a fair few Traxxas Lipo's and other brand lipos but it is pretty expensive and they also have a bit of parts stock. The other one is "Wings Over The Downs". I don't think they stock any TRX bits at all.

Otherwise there is a fair few HS in Brisbane. One i know and that has a fair few parts (don't know about lipos) is called "Hobbyone".
    There is an awesome online one which i haven't used but looks like it has EVERY traxxas part. I think they r based in Melbourne.
    Anyway when i find it i will let you know + any others i find around Brisbane.

Hope this plan goes well, and i am sorry of what has happened to you.
    Summit; Spartan; Others yet to come

Thanks Daniel! So, I guess my best bet is to buy online and ask for an express shipping... If Traxxas is not that popular in Australia, which brand is it?

RC Qualifier
    Well not really any brand to be honest.. RC isn't big in Australia for the simple fact soccer balls are cheaper. No motorsports are big in Australia because it's cheaper to run a season of soccer as opposed to a season of racing. But if there were one brand I had to pick it would be HPI, Frontline Hobbies is massive on HPI, every car, lots of parts.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by JoelRobbo View Post
    Well not really any brand to be honest.. RC isn't big in Australia for the simple fact soccer balls are cheaper. No motorsports are big in Australia because it's cheaper to run a season of soccer as opposed to a season of racing. But if there were one brand I had to pick it would be HPI, Frontline Hobbies is massive on HPI, every car, lots of parts.
    With you with HPI.... i believe nearly every hobby shop i have gone to whether physically or online has HPI parts. And each shop has RTR's readily available...

I think traxxas is gaining a bit more sales in Aus but very slowly...

Sent you a PM Danielhr77!!
    Summit; Spartan; Others yet to come

RC poster
    I bought my Slash 4x4 Ultimate from HobbyOne in Brisbane, they have a selection of spares there. Not sure if they will have everything you want though? I tried to buy the Quick Charger #2933 and the lady told me it wouldn't work in Aus because of the power difference (so I rolled my eyes and left).

You may want to look into Airline rules on carrying LiPo batteries before you go stocking up on them as well. Batteries are classed as dangerous goods and may not be permitted in general luggage.

RC poster
    I will start off by apologizing if this isn't the right location for this post. I tried to search for similar topics, but couldn't find anything for my specific questions and then I found this. I was just thinking of shipping spare parts into Australia last week but wondered if it's possible to import now that there is a pandemic going on? help!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by danielhr77 View Post
    Hey Guys,

Also, is the local Customs stopping international orders with some kind of import duty taxes? Or, do packages arrive directly at your house/office?

I need all details I can get, I can't afford any local delays or risk paying more money to receive the packages.

Thanks!

Daniel.
    I think it is all your choice whether you want them directly delivering it to you or you will just pick it up at the office. I just got mine yesterday with the help of ACC customs clearance agents in Melbourne. Had no issue yesterday and I thought the shipping will take up to 2 weeks, now I got my Traxxas in just 7days.

LOL, this post was from 6 years ago. My trip was finally cancelled, so, I never had the chance to visit Australia.