Thread: XO1 Shock Tower

RC Competitor

XO1 Shock Tower

Never mind Body mounts won't transfer Anyone know if the front and rear XO1 shock tower will fit the slash 4*4. Thanks
    Last edited by Rasher; 01-29-2014 at 11:51 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasher View Post
    Anyone know if the front and rear XO1 shock tower will fit the slash 4*4. Thanks
    sure it will..

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasher View Post
    Never mind Body mounts won't transfer Anyone know if the front and rear XO1 shock tower will fit the slash 4*4. Thanks
    What's the difference between the xo1 towers and the ones on the slash?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    front XO tower's the same as with the slash aluminum but the slash comes with mounting piece for the body mount. now on the rear, XO stand shorter and a bit narrow.

slash 4x4 front tower
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-Slas...item5660cca471
    slash 4x4 rear tower
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-6838...item43c41a3e59

XO front and rear
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/6407-Traxxas...item1c39d73e5c

I realize there hasn't been any posts in here in 5.5 years, but an "interesting" question just popped up. JConcepts makes a carbon fiber Suspension Conversion Kit, which uses front & rear shock towers of the same height (in installing this kit, you also want to use rear shocks on all four corners). If you compare the Traxxas 6440 against the JConcepts carbon fiber shock towers (part of the Suspension Conversion Kit), you'll notice both have two holes along the top, close to the center. On the JConcepts towers, those holes are for attaching the aluminum pieces that the body mounts then attach to.

Unfortunately, off the top of my head, I don't know the spacing measurement of those two holes. However, looking at the XO-1 rear shock tower (TRA6839X), it has the same two holes. Additionally, this same part is an ‘optional’ part for the Slash 4x4, used as the Slash’s front tower. My "question" is, what is the spacing of the two holes on the TRA6440? If their spacing is the same as those on TRA6839X, as well as the JConcepts towers, then the body mount adapters (the two somewhat "bar shaped" pieces below the shock towers in the above photo) would be able to be attached to the XO-1 shock towers.

While the JConcepts kit is fantastic (if one is building a monster truck, or even 'converting' a Slash 4x4 to use other SCT bodies), when converting into a stadium truck (with shorter height bodies), it doesn't work. The problem is that there's a 10-15mm gap between the top of the chassis pan, and the bottom of the body). On top of that, even the stock rear tower wouldn’t work, for the same reason. What I need is a “solution” that will lower the body closer to the chassis. In order to lower the body, the only solution I can come up with is shorter shock towers are needed…which leads to my “problem”.

I couldn't find any height info on any of these towers (TRA6839X, TRA6440, & the JConcepts carbon towers), thus making it "difficult" to figure things out. As mentioned above, I do know that the stock XO-1 rear tower (TRA6839X) is also an optional front tower for the Slash 4x4, thus it's approximately 10mm shorter than the stock rear tower (TRA6838 or 6838X). I was initially considering XO-1 rear carbon fiber shock towers (a few companies make them), but I began to wonder if they were short enough (thinking back to the current gap between the top of the chassis pan, and the bottom of the body)…the rear XO-1 tower (aka the front Slash 4x4 tower) is 10mm shorter than the Slash 4x4 rear tower, but approximately 15mm taller than the XO-1 front tower…thus, I started thinking the front XO-1 tower (TRA6440) would be better.

So, back to my question. Does anyone know if the spacing of the two holes (along the top of the tower's 'cross bar') on TRA6440 is the same as the spacing of the two holes on TRA6839X?
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better