RC poster

recommended tool kit for t-maxx

Hello all,

I have had my 3.3 truck for a bit over a year, and for the most part i have been using the stock 3 allen wrenches that came with it. After replacing the front and rear bulkheads i think a good tool kit is needed.

I keep all my RC stuff (tools, ez start, remote, spare parts, etc) in a small 17inch craftsman toolbox so i don't want to go overboard with tools, though maybe its time to get a bigger box.

are there any recommendations on specific tools, like all in ones that can cover all allen sizes, or maybe specific allen wrenches that are more comfortable/practical to use? i noticed rpm bulkhead braces use a size inbetween the medium and large stock wrenches, so a kit that has the size would also be nice.

Also a recommendation on an allen drill set would be nice, should make dis-assembly quicker.

or if you have any other tools that makes repairing your RC car quicker/easier please let me know about it.

thanks,

Carlos
    Last edited by carlosriosness; 01-29-2014 at 01:47 PM.

A good 8mm (if I recall correctly) nut driver and Integy Ti-nitride hex wrench set.
    The Super Derecho

I've had good luck with RD Logics hex wrench sets. MIP also makes nice tools but they tend to be pricy and the tips are not replaceable.

You'll want good quality 1.5mm, 2.0mm and 2.5mm hex wrenches for the T-Maxx. I also suggest an 8mm (or 5/16) socket for the glow plug / wheel nuts and a good pair of small needle nose pliers.

RC Qualifier
    i like the integey ti nitride hex wrenches they sell them in set or single wrenches and as tireslinger said 1.5,2.0,2.5mm are really all u will need for the tmaxx
    men drive nitro

RC poster
    thank you all, i think i found my tool...

http://www.integy.com/st_orderview.html#.UumMexBdVBQ

model C24024.

its drill bits that come with a handle, i figure i get 2 for 1. though it might be annoying to switch out the heads on the handle?
    Last edited by carlosriosness; 01-29-2014 at 06:53 PM.

RC poster
    or i wish this was cheaper: Dynamite DYN2930. this handle looks like it would be easier to switch tips, but maybe not as comfortable to hold?

RC Enthusiast
    I have that Dynamite set and use the bits in a little electric screwdriver. Kinda like a mini drill. Works well and you dont wear your hands out wrenching if you do full tear downs and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ztater View Post
    i like the integey ti nitride hex wrenches they sell them in set or single wrenches and as tireslinger said 1.5,2.0,2.5mm are really all u will need for the tmaxx
    I'd say those hex wrenches (TI Nitrate coated ones, they do have other sets so be careful) are about the best product Integy sells. I've used mine many many times. Replaced 1 shaft in 7 years (operator error)...
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall