RC Competitor

$80 To Spend... What would make my truck break less?

Hello,

Some of you may be familliar with my Build/Customization thread. I was wondering what upgrades I should buy to make my truck stronger. Keep in mind I'm already getting new tires for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    More RC cars than the character limit allows...

RC Qualifier
    Scanned the other thread and didnt see anything about driveshafts. With the big motor i would recommend something in the drivetrain. I have found wheels and tires to make a huge difference when driving so i always invest in diff sets of tires for whatever surface i'm driving on. Or just wait until something breaks and replace it then. Good luck

Just my 2 cents

RC Qualifier
    when you say "break less"... what are you breaking now that you feel needs to be improved ?

and yes, with that 2200kva motor running on 3s i'd certainly look into cvds as well.
    Last edited by Corex2; 01-30-2014 at 10:59 AM.

RC Competitor
    Yeah I just remembered the RC saying "If its not broken, don't fix it." Thank you for all the suggestions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    More RC cars than the character limit allows...

RC Champion
    I would get a kings headz motor mount. My stock motor mount caused me a lot of problems.
    Slash 4x4 built w/ RC4WD PRL RPM STRC TRX and MIP

RC Qualifier
    You could order a complete set, front and rear Tekno M6 CVD's

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tekno-RC-M6-...item4619c38b0b

And still have some left over depending on shipping. These are one of those upgrades you will not regret buying. Depending on what tires you are getting larger or higher traction tires will put a lot of extra stress on the driveline. I have two sets of Tekno M6 on both my STRC LCG Slash 4x4 and my P4DE They regularly stand up to 4S power on my Castle 1415 2400kv.
    Last edited by T4KT1KZ; 01-30-2014 at 02:18 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by T4KT1KZ View Post

great price on those and powerhobby is a really fast shipper
    <3 my tenkos

RC Racer
    That is a great price. I think I paid that much for just rear. I love my tekno drive shafts. Never had any issues.

RC Qualifier
    In my opinion, the teknos and the Traxxas CVD's can't hold up to the abuse of the castle 2200kv. I've had friends try and they snapped those CVD's like toothpicks. Only the MIP's can hold up to that beast.
    Slash 4x4 - MM2 / 2200Kv
    Rustler SV3 / 4600Kv

RC Qualifier

And still have some left over depending on shipping. These are one of those upgrades you will not regret buying. Depending on what tires you are getting larger or higher traction tires will put a lot of extra stress on the driveline. I have two sets of Tekno M6 on both my STRC LCG Slash 4x4 and my P4DE They regularly stand up to 4S power on my Castle 1415 2400kv.
    I'm new to the Slash 4X4 platform. I just purchased the Platinum LCG Etd. and a few other forum users recommended to go with the Tekno front and rear CVD's as well. What about the Tekno Big Bone center drive shaft and outputs? Is that something that is worth the investment. I've heard others on the forum, stating they've had some problems with the stock aluminum center drive shaft. Is the Tekno center shaft a good investment as well, or is the stock shaft fine? I'm completely new, with respect to Slash 4X4 upgrades.
    FLM RUSTY, FLM EMAXX, ERBE, SLASH PLATINUM 4X4

Quote Originally Posted by quantumreality View Post
    I'm new to the Slash 4X4 platform. I just purchased the Platinum LCG Etd. and a few other forum users recommended to go with the Tekno front and rear CVD's as well. What about the Tekno Big Bone center drive shaft and outputs? Is that something that is worth the investment. I've heard others on the forum, stating they've had some problems with the stock aluminum center drive shaft. Is the Tekno center shaft a good investment as well, or is the stock shaft fine? I'm completely new, with respect to Slash 4X4 upgrades.
    Some what new to the 4wd also but I have gone with tekno axles and the big bone center shaft with no worries to this point but I must add I dont pound on my 4wds as my 2wds, their mostly speed run rigs.
    I've put a 2400 back in this truck now but here it is with a 2650 and tekno axles and the big bone.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by billy-bones; 01-30-2014 at 03:56 PM.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Finkledbody View Post
    In my opinion, the teknos and the Traxxas CVD's can't hold up to the abuse of the castle 2200kv. I've had friends try and they snapped those CVD's like toothpicks. Only the MIP's can hold up to that beast.
    What failed on the Traxxas CVD's?
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by quantumreality View Post
    I run the Tekno shafts on 4S and they hold up just fine to the 1415 castle 2400. Also the lcg chassis is known to bend the stock center shafts in hard front end impacts. The Tekno big bone is solid aluminum acting as chassis brace. I run them on both my trucks they are great.

RC Qualifier
    I run the Tekno shafts on 4S and they hold up just fine to the 1415 castle 2400. Also the lcg chassis is known to bend the stock center shafts in hard front end impacts. The Tekno big bone is solid aluminum acting as chassis brace. I run them on both my trucks they are great.
    So T4KT, if I went with Tekno CVD's, front and rear, in conjunction with the Tekno Big Bone center drive shaft, that would definitely hold up better than the stock shafts, for the most part, and reduce the chances of bending my shafts? I want to order these parts, especially since I'm getting my Plantinum Etd. tomorrow, and want to make the drivetrain as bulletproof as possible. I realise that nothing's absolutely indestructible in this hobby, but I at least, want to build it as solid as I can, especially since I got the Platinum LCG 4X4 for a great deal, $350 out the door. Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated!!!

RC Qualifier
    Teknos or mips are stronger than the Traxxas steel cvds, I love my teknos, great for the money. I'd spend another 100 for my front and rear just like the first time

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    RACE IT, BREAK IT, FIX IT, REPEAT!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    Some what new to the 4wd also but I have gone with tekno axles and the big bone center shaft with no worries to this point but I must add I dont pound on my 4wds as my 2wds, their mostly speed run rigs.
    I've put a 2400 back in this truck now but here it is with a 2650 and tekno axles and the big bone.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Hey Bones, that is one sweet looking ride brother. Is that a Tekin RX8 Gen2 esc? I betcha your Slash, certainly has plenty of giddy up and go. I run the RX8 Gen2 in my Serpent 811, with the Tekin T8 motor. I absolutely love the setup. Perfect for 1/8 buggies. What body and paint is that on your Slash? It looks sick dude. I love the stance and how low it sits. It looks to be pearl pink to a white pearl fade? Lovin it
    Last edited by quantumreality; 01-30-2014 at 08:39 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I'd say steel axels, big bone for the center and a roll cage to save bodies

And 17mm hex wheels and adapters
    Slash 4x4 MMP/2800kv

Slash 4x4 LGC MM2/2650kv

Hey Bones, that is one sweet looking ride brother.
    Thanks friend, yes it is a Tekin RX-8 gen 2.
    The body has two black panels and the rest it a small lower level of candy red then the the rest of the truck is a basic silver backing.
    I wasn't really going for pink but being color blind thats what I ended up with.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by atclauss View Post
    Teknos or mips are stronger than the Traxxas steel cvds, I love my teknos, great for the money. I'd spend another 100 for my front and rear just like the first time

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    Well it definitely seems to be the overwhelming consensus from the majority of people on the forum, about the Tekno setup. Well then, it definitely looks like I'll be ordering the complete Tekno drive train. The front & rear CVD's and the Big Bone center drive shaft and outputs. I certainly plan on running this truck pretty hard, and I reckon I want something that can handle what I put it through, and that appears to be Tekno. So time to order my parts Thanks for the input. Greatly appreciated. I just can't wait to pick up my new Platinum LCG tomorrow

RC Qualifier
    Thanks friend, yes it is a Tekin RX-8 gen 2.
    The body has two black panels and the rest it a small lower level of candy red then the the rest of the truck is a basic silver backing.
    I wasn't really going for pink but being color blind thats what I ended up with.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Bones, whether you were going for red or pink, regardless, it looks absolutely sweet. What body is that? I'm still new to the Slash 4x4 scence. So I'm not familiar with all the different bodies yet. But I'm absolutely lovin yours. The stance is straight up wicked looking. Looks like it's angry, regardless of the color. I really like the massive fenders!!!!!

It a jConcepts scalpel, I've wanted one since they came out , I even bought a 4wd for it as I'm really a 2wd man.
    Here is a link.
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...FecRMwodrlkAHA
    I was going for a duplicate paint job but my liquid mask went to heck so I got what you see, its a eye catcher.
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    It a jConcepts scalpel, I've wanted one since they came out , I even bought a 4wd for it as I'm really a 2wd man.
    Here is a link.
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...FecRMwodrlkAHA
    I was going for a duplicate paint job but my liquid mask went to heck so I got what you see, its a eye catcher.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    That is one sick body!!!!! It kinda looks like the wide-body camaro that is run in the GTE Pro Class, of the ALMS. That's some nice eye candy brother.

RC Competitor
    This would make it break way less....

It will always be Mip for me. I know everyone has their own personal choice. I have used the Mip X-Duty axles for years and still absolutely love them! They have taken more abuse then I could even imagine. Their customer service and lifetime warranty is the icing on the cake
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Qualifier
    I ordered both front and rear MIP X-Duty CVD's and a Tekno Big Bone center drive shaft. I picked up my LCG Platinum today. My goodness, is that truck awesome. I just borrowed my Spektrum Rx & Tx, from one of my rustys, and dropped it in the Slash 4X4, so I could get it out and running, until my Traxxas TQi 2.4 arrives. My very first Slash 4X4, and I'm absolutely lovin it Thanks to everyone for the recommendations. Much appreciated. Sorry to highjack Slash-Man's thread.
    Last edited by quantumreality; 02-01-2014 at 03:31 AM.