RC Qualifier

Waterproofing your slash

Has anybody tried applying ultra ever dry to your rc? The super hydrophobic stuff that will not let water or dirt on. Seems like a good idea to put on non waterproof esc and stuff. Think about completely submerging underwater and driving !

RC Champion
    Theres a couple products by a company called Blaster that I use that keep dirt and other material from sticking for the most part. Picked it up at Lowes or Home Depot. Can't remember.
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC poster
    Hmmm, I have the stuff sitting in my garage. I used it on a pair of boots once. There are a few draw backs to it:
    1. It dries a frost clear color, it made my brown boots look light blue
    2. It's not very scuff resistant so it might no hold up well.

That being said I may try it on the inside of a body just to cut down on clean up. I use the plastidip spray on my servo seen on ultimate rc's YouTube channel and has been working like a champ.

Good luck!

RC Champion
    Hmm never done it but it seems like a good idea. Would really help it keep clean.
    Slash 4x4 built w/ RC4WD PRL RPM STRC TRX and MIP

RC Champion
    I'd like to try that Ultra Ever Dry. Bit expensive, but if it works great, then its worth the coin. I have dipped mine in corrosionx and totally submerged the circuit board in water while running it.
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!