RC Qualifier

Aluminum steering bell cranks

I have seen these on almost everybody's slash , is there any real benefit besides them looking pretty ? Lol

RC Qualifier
    Yep.........it tightens the steering up alot less slop lol:

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by simon32man View Post
    Yep.........it tightens the steering up alot less slop lol:
    less slop? as in what way? it will track straight better?

Quote Originally Posted by RallyX3s View Post
    less slop? as in what way? it will track straight better?
    I have two 4wd slash rigs and the one with an strc steering bell is noticeably tighter(less slop), I really never paid attention as to tracking preferences.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    I have two 4wd slash rigs and the one with an strc steering bell is noticeably tighter(less slop), I really never paid attention as to tracking preferences.
    Tighter? How though that is what I am wondering. What does tighter to you mean.

When everyone says tighter it's when you take the front wheels and wiggle them, there is a lot of slop in the steering system. The wheels and linkage moves quite a bit without the servo moving at all. With the STRC aluminum bell cranks it removes almost all of that slop from the steering. Yes in my experience my trucks track better and you dont have to adjust the steering trim much once you get it set right.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    When everyone says tighter it's when you take the front wheels and wiggle them, there is a lot of slop in the steering system. The wheels and linkage moves quite a bit without the servo moving at all. With the STRC aluminum bell cranks it removes almost all of that slop from the steering. Yes in my experience my trucks track better and you dont have to adjust the steering trim much once you get it set right.
    Really???? That's what it means? Yes I really need this then because ever since I got mine I have noticed there is a lot of slop ! I have messed around with the display cars at my LHS and they didn't have as much slop as mine. I usually adjust my trim everyone I want to run 3s, as soon as I hit full throttle it usually likes to turn by itself.

RC Qualifier
    And sorry if I sounded rude that was not my intention.

Really???? That's what it means? Yes I really need this then because ever since I got mine I have noticed there is a lot of slop ! I have messed around with the display cars at my LHS and they didn't have as much slop as mine. I usually adjust my trim everyone I wantun 3s, as soon as I hit full throttle it usually likes to turn by itself.
    It is a great fix. The one thing I recommend you do before installing the set. Turn on your truck. With the remote on turn the front wheels. The savor will allow them to turn. Remember the force you used to turn the front wheels because you are going to adjust the aluminum set to the same tension.

RC Qualifier

Aluminum steering bell cranks

Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    It is a great fix. The one thing I recommend you do before installing the set. Turn on your truck. With the remote on turn the front wheels. The savor will allow them to turn. Remember the force you used to turn the front wheels because you are going to adjust the aluminum set to the same tension.
    So adjust the servo saver basically ? Just twist or loosen it right? I found some on eBay for 22$ should I get this or should I get C hubs?

So adjust the servo saver basically ? Just twist or loosen it right? I found some on eBay for 22$ should I get this or should I get C hubs?
    Yep, it's the servo saver, just twist it left or right to adjust it. IMO, I would get the aluminum steering bell crank first, because it tightens up the steering so much, and it makes it look better too. I wouldn't upgrade the C-hubs until you break one, the stock plastic ones have less slop than the aluminum ones.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Yep, it's the servo saver, just twist it left or right to adjust it. IMO, I would get the aluminum steering bell crank first, because it tightens up the steering so much, and it makes it look better too. I wouldn't upgrade the C-hubs until you break one, the stock plastic ones have less slop than the aluminum ones.
    Lol that might be a while then, 3 months without breaking anything, or remotely close too. Yes I will get these. They are cheaper too.

I have had my STRC steering bell crank set on several different trucks and it is still just as tight as it was two and a half, to three years ago when I first bought it. Trust me, it is well worth the money. You just have to adjust it correctly.

RC Champion
    Not sure if you all have messed with 1/8 scale vehicles, but all of the ones I've owned had very sloppy steering linkages, but they drive and track like they are on rails.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

Lol that might be a while then, 3 months without breaking anything, or remotely close too. Yes I will get these. They are cheaper too.
    My goodness, I've never run a weekend with out tearing up something.
    Keep it up you may be going for a record.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Qualifier
    My goodness, I've never run a weekend with out tearing up something.
    Keep it up you may be going for a record.
    I guess I have a fast response time? Lol Iv been close too having some bad crashes but something always stops it... Like almost hitting a car that came out of no where at top speed (40mph) but thankfully LVC hit and the car stopped and allowed me to turn it into a curb which some how some way it didn't hit. But awesome I just found the bellcranks on tower I can get them for 13 shipped. Now I just need threadlock.

RC Qualifier
    just got my aluminum bell cranks from tower for 13 shipped!