RC Enthusiast

Oil leaking from 3.3 engine.

I have a Nitro Slash 3.3, and its been running fine, and its an awesome engine, but I picked it up today (from where I set it when not in use) and noticed that there's after run oil leaking from the cut out for the fly wheel on the bottom of the frame. So I'm not sure exactly where the leak is. Any body have any ideas on where this is originating, and how bad of a problem it is.

How much after-run did you put in? It could be from the front bearing and will typically happen when too much WD-40 is used.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    I use blue block after run oil. it says to apply quite a few drops (10-15). The leaking stopped ab 1/2 day after I found the leak. so nothing is broken or needs replaced??????

I appreciate the help

RC Qualifier
    If you haven't lost any power from this and its not leaking anymore then I wouldn't worry about it. Once the motor goes and you want to rebuild it then I would get new bearings just to be safe.
    Twin Brushless Latrax Teton, .21TM Jato

RC Enthusiast
    No power loss. I haven't run the truck since I first noticed the problem. But ill keep an eye on it on the next after run service. Thanks for the help fellas.

It's normal for some seepage to happen at the front bearing.... Not a lot but some.

+1 sounds like too much After run oil... 10-15 drops? Seems like a lot to me. Normally for me it's about 5 drops. Any more and you would be flooding the engine...

I"m also guessing it's not so much fun to start the first time from an After run as well with that much oil.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall