Thread: Beadlock wheels

RC Racer

Beadlock wheels

Just wondering if beadlock wheels are the way to go? I have gone through multiple sets of the stock BFG glued tires and wheels. What are people doing with their glued tires once they are bald? Are you removing the tires and putting new tires on those wheels? If so how do you remove the glued tires? I'm the past once my tires are bald I just set those tires and wheels aside and buy new. I'm looking to stop having to buy tire and wheel sets, it getting expensive. So back to my opening question. Are beadlocks the way to go?

RC Qualifier
    Possibly the way to go. My only question is what compound are you getting? It sounds like you might need a harder compound tire. My stock tires last foreverrr so i'm curious how you could go through them so fast

Just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Wfraser View Post
    Just wondering if beadlock wheels are the way to go? I have gone through multiple sets of the stock BFG glued tires and wheels. What are people doing with their glued tires once they are bald? Are you removing the tires and putting new tires on those wheels? If so how do you remove the glued tires? I'm the past once my tires are bald I just set those tires and wheels aside and buy new. I'm looking to stop having to buy tire and wheel sets, it getting expensive. So back to my opening question. Are beadlocks the way to go?
    Yes, bead locks are awesome! I have them and I love mine.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Champion
    Pro Line split six here and love em. Just a basher here Castle 2400 on 3S and its nuts. Never had a bead problem been running them for about a year. Use a SMALL amount of silicone on the inner and outer bead for security and DON'T DON'T over tighten the screws they will strip. Just seat the screw you will know when its tight. I love being able to switch tires with out buying wheels too. Get the STRC aluminum bead lock rings they are aluminum and lighter than the stock rings.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by K Money View Post
    Possibly the way to go. My only question is what compound are you getting? It sounds like you might need a harder compound tire. My stock tires last foreverrr so i'm curious how you could go through them so fast

Just my 2 cents
    Man I feel dumb, I didn't know that I could buy the stock BFG tires in different compounds? How do I tell if it a harder compound?

RC Qualifier
    I honestly dont know if you can or not. But my stock tires are so hard that i use them as drift tires on pavement. Ik that on ebay i see some rated as "S1" compound being called soft. I'm not sure if that means anything but i would just move onto different make tires. Theres a reason that pro-line sells tires and Traxxas sells trucks. I would try some trenchers or something in a medium compound. Also having multiple sets of tires for different terrain will help.

Just my 2 cents

RC Champion
    S1 is the traxxas softer compound. They are still hard compared to other brand tire's.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

Quote Originally Posted by I EAT DIRT View Post
    S1 is the traxxas softer compound. They are still hard compared to other brand tire's.
    True. But I have to say I really really like them. They are worth a try if you can get them cheap.

RC Racer
    Well I think beadlocks it is..... Now which tire do you guys recommend? I'm a dirt and grass basher. Is ebay the best place to find wheels and tires?

RC Champion
    [QUOTE=Wfraser;5652279]Well I think beadlocks it is..... Now which tire do you guys recommend? I'm a dirt and grass basher. Is ebay the best place to find wheels and tires?[/QUOTE
    Pro Line Bad Lands. I was bashing Trenchers and just made the switch to Bad Lands and they are amazing. NOT for street though. Check out the video from Pro Line on mounting bead locks on youtube. The Trencher is not a bad tire it works great I like the Bad Land better for my bash spot just dirt. I buy from A-Main hobbies for my rewards points and FAST shipping.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by pro mod steve View Post
    Pro Line Bad Lands. I was bashing Trenchers and just made the switch to Bad Lands and they are amazing.
    +1 on that. Except that I went from the BF M/T's right to the BadLands, mounted on Split Six Beadlocks. Little silicon on the beads, and no water gets through.

For racing, glue-on wheels are the way to go, they are lighter and give the truck less rotational mass (takes off faster).

For bashing, I love my PL Split-six beadlocks. They are not a quick change wheel by any means, it normally takes me about an hour to chance wheels on all four, but they are a heck of a lot easier than trying to unglue a tire.

Plus, I haven't found a truck yet that they don't look good on.

Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    Agreed.

RC Racer
    I was just looking at the split six beadlocks and I see there are front and rear wheels. Why is this? I thought as long as they are 2.2/3.0 they would fit front or back. I have a HCG 4x4 slash. I'm all confused!!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Wfraser View Post
    I was just looking at the split six beadlocks and I see there are front and rear wheels. Why is this? I thought as long as they are 2.2/3.0 they would fit front or back. I have a HCG 4x4 slash. I'm all confused!!!
    I bash slash HCG part # is PRO2715-02 front and rear

I 3rd that!!

That's for the Slash 2wd. The front of the Slash 2wd ins't has wide, so the front rims will have more offset. You need 4 rear rims.

RC Champion
    But what size are the PL Split Six Beadlocks? Can they be bought in 2.8?
    Erevo
    Slash 4x4 x2
    MAXX coming soon...

RC Racer
    I have a beadlock split six proline with duratrax bandito it listed in ebay for $60 bucks

But what size are the PL Split Six Beadlocks? Can they be bought in 2.8?
    Do you mean 2.8 like the Stampede/Rustler size? Then no, they are only short course size.

RC Champion
    Is they any Beadlocks that are 2.8 or Series 30?
    Erevo
    Slash 4x4 x2
    MAXX coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by summitbasher240 View Post
    Is they any Beadlocks that are 2.8 or Series 30?
    Proline does not run them in that size. You might be able to find someone else that make a beadlock in 2.8.

http://prolineracing.com/1-10-truck-wheels
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

I love my beadlock wheels! I have had them for a long time and their performance is simply amazing! Plus you save money in the long run by not buying rims and tires.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Champion

ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    I love my beadlock wheels! I have had them for a long time and their performance is simply amazing! Plus you save money in the long run by not buying rims and tires.
    How did you get the street fighter in white on the tires? Thanks.

RC Racer
    Problaby with a tire pen, or paint with a fineline brush. I'll do the same with my BadLands tires. Looks cool!

RC Racer
    Got my proline split six beadlocks today. I decided to go with trenchers to cover them. Now all I need is for my funny car 2400kv motor to arrive so I can get back to the dirt. If anyone is considering beadlocks, get them they are awesome.

RC Racer

~PL BADLANDS
    ~PL SPLIT SIX BEADLOCKS
    ~CC SIDEWINDER 3800 SCT COMBO