Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    RC poster
    I have a ? sorry in advance I'm new, Can I take the 8s esc system out of my XMaxx and run it in my X01 supercar, seems like the motor can handle the 8s. Thank you for anyone who is able to help with this.

Someday I would like to put a Xmaxx 8s ESC into my XO-1 and run it with the original XO-1 1717 motor. When I do that, though, I will run it at 6s. The original XO-1 ESC is just barely able to handle the weight of the XO-1 with 6s, thus the caps. The XO-1 original Castle 1717 motor is plenty for the weight of XO-1 on 6s, but would be on the line using 8s.

(IMO) using the original XO-1 Castle 1717 motor with a Xmaxx 8s ESC would be the perfect setup for the XO-1 using 6s batteries. If however, I wanted to have the perfect setup for my XO-1 using 8s batteries, I'd use a Leopard 1360kv motor with the new Castle XLX-2 ESC.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Someday I would like to put a Xmaxx 8s ESC into my XO-1 and run it with the original XO-1 1717 motor. When I do that, though, I will run it at 6s. The original XO-1 ESC is just barely able to handle the weight of the XO-1 with 6s, thus the caps. The XO-1 original Castle 1717 motor is plenty for the weight of XO-1 on 6s, but would be on the line using 8s.

(IMO) using the original XO-1 Castle 1717 motor with a Xmaxx 8s ESC would be the perfect setup for the XO-1 using 6s batteries. If however, I wanted to have the perfect setup for my XO-1 using 8s batteries, I'd use a Leopard 1360kv motor with the new Castle XLX-2 ESC.
    I’m just gonna leave this here and see if you take the bait

https://jennysrc.com/collections/tra...7076-4-updated

I’m eyeing putting one of the castle mmx8s esc and see how the stock 1717 motor runs on the 8s esc

Down the road I would like to take you up on taking that bait, when my MM2 (with the MM1 Xtreme cap assembly that I made) quits working. It works better than the original XO-1 MM1 Xtreme ESC. Plus, there's no need to unlock anything. It just goes.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 03-25-2021 at 04:48 AM.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456