Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    RC Racer
    Have it already

No need to write software, you can just use SQLite 2009 for that.

RC poster
    Cool, Have you poked around in the castle program yet? Iv located several debug features, and im currently working on a new application to allow changing firmware for hydra/phoenix/mamba esc's, lots of ID checks in the stock castle software.

RC Racer
    No didn't poke around much there, just looked around until I found the function call to the SQLite DLL.

Debug features? Cool stuff you found there, eager to see what you come up with

RC poster

RC poster
    I need to find a good high res picture (if one exist) for the apparently unreleased Mamba XL HV, I found it listed in the 3.4db, unfortunately without pics of the controller, I cant tell what hardware changes would need to be made to flash a phoenix 160HV with the xl HV firmware.

Just bought a phoenix edge HV 160a esc on ebay to test with, let me ask you something, Have you figured out what changes need to be made to allow a different series of controller firmware to be cross flashed, I have tried simple things like pasting the dragonsl/bootloader/bootloaderloader hex files from the controller I want, to the latest firmware cell for the controller I have, it flashes the first stage, but when step 2 comes up, it errors out stating the controller was not responding, I assume it has ID checks during the flashing process, but I need to know what ID's are actually being checked.

On further thought, I think the flashing process might go in this order.

Click flash button
    Step 1
    Bootloaderloader flashed to the usb adapter
    controller is reset
    Step 2
    Check device ID, Or bootloader/dragon sl (main program) ID
    Burn bootloader and firmware (dragon sl)
    reset

Sound about right?
    Last edited by SCAR17s; 11-21-2015 at 08:07 PM.

RC Competitor
    The Mamba XL HV is what the Mamba XL was originally called way back when it first came out.

RC poster
    Someone might have called it that way back, but the splash image for the mamba xl HV is black and gold, with a lightning bolt in the V, that has always been reserved by castle for high voltage controllers.

RC poster
    I know this is little off subject but...I built a dragster with mxl6 an velineon 3551r on 4s 132ft runs..so no over heating...my question is can the funny car 4 channel remote an receiver give me torque control on mutifunction knob..or does that run threw the 3s funny car esc..currently changing torque specs with castle link an laptop..I know the funny car you can set it at knob...please help..

RC poster
    Can someone post how to on YouTube. ..really trying to get the et3s to run 4 to 5s lipos...

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by 252jaj View Post
    Can someone post how to on YouTube. ..really trying to get the et3s to run 4 to 5s lipos...
    Sorry no video, but I can tell you that after much frustration, I found out that I had to launch the Castle 3.40 program by right clicking the program icon and selecting "run as administrator". Once I did this, the app was able to then detect my speed control and identified it as a Mamba Max Pro. After that, I was able to flash the firmware without issue.

RC poster
    Hey, trying to do this to Et-3s, having trouble finding the settings file I'm supposed to replace with the modified one, where is that at? This might be a dumb question, I don't know.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by LightningFastRC View Post
    Hey, trying to do this to Et-3s, having trouble finding the settings file I'm supposed to replace with the modified one, where is that at? This might be a dumb question, I don't know.
    Did you try to launch the Castle 3.40 program by right clicking the program icon and selecting "run as administrator"?

RC poster
    I tried that and got a little closer, I guess. When it asked for permission to run the program, I saw the whole C:\Program Files (x86)\Castle Creations\Castle Link thing, but I didn't know how to get to that. All I saw was the name under the "details" section.

Also, this shouldn't matter, but would it work if I downloaded the 3.63 version, the newest one? Or does it have to be the 3.4 or 3.53 or whatever it was at first?

RC poster
    Okay, I really need some help. I keep trying, but I can't find the settings fil I need to replace. I have the modified file, but I can't find the file that I have to replace. Please help.

Also I don't know if this will help, but how do you disable live link? What even is Live Link? I've never even heard of it until now.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by LightningFastRC View Post
    Okay, I really need some help. I keep trying, but I can't find the settings fil I need to replace. I have the modified file, but I can't find the file that I have to replace. Please help.
    The file locations are in the very first post.

Also I don't know if this will help, but how do you disable live link? What even is Live Link? I've never even heard of it until now.
    https://race.traxxas.com/forums/show...4393-Live-Link << That illustrates a bit about what it is and such...

RC poster
    Okay, I keep seeing the folder (C:\Settings whatever it is) but I can't get into it to find the settings file to replace. I download the software, try to set it up, then it takes me to the thing where it has the folders and you can click on Browse and whatnot. And the folder thing is there, I just can't get to the settings file.

Also, don't think that I am correct in anything I am saying because I honestly have no idea what I am doing wrong. It's probably going to be some stupid mistake but any help is appreciated

Also, about live link, I guess I did it right because I got the transmitter to think my Funny Car was an XO-1, and it is now 100mph unlocked.

RC poster
    Thanks this worked flawless
    Last edited by Unisolblade; 01-29-2017 at 04:23 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    I've been gone a while, and I still have a couple escs to unlock.

I'm glad to see this is still here and still works!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Qualifier
    just worked for me on a new xo-1 mamba monster 2 great post

hey lightning fast rc have you had any success with this yet ?

RC Racer
    thinking of doing this as well the first to link in the first post are no longer found?

https://race.traxxas.com/forums/show...4393-Live-Link << That illustrates a bit about what it is and such...

Hey, I remember that.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC poster
    Good afternoon all. Few issues I'm having.

1) The link for version 3.40.0 is gone. Castle has changed the website for Castle Link distribution.

2) The link for this "Disable Live Link" does not work anymore.

Can anyone help please?

He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by billyg900 View Post
    just worked for me on a new xo-1 mamba monster 2 great post

hey lightning fast rc have you had any success with this yet ?
    With a original X01 mamba monster esc what is the advantage of having the original CASTLE firmware?

The advantage is Newer firmwares upgrades from 1.35 and up??
    Or i am missing having else?

I have a new to me xo1 and want to understand what is the advantage, if solo upgrades possible to firmware that Traxxas firmware won't have....

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by targeting View Post
    With a original X01 mamba monster esc what is the advantage of having the original CASTLE firmware?

The advantage is Newer firmwares upgrades from 1.35 and up??
    Or i am missing having else?

I have a new to me xo1 and want to understand what is the advantage, if solo upgrades possible to firmware that Traxxas firmware won't have....
    I forget what i wasn't able to do, but i bought one of these for my 1/8 scale truck on ebay and was going to just relist it untill I tried the unlock.
    It is probably fine in a actual xo-1, i believe you need the link app to adjust it

RC Enthusiast
    Hey all, a couple questions my setup is xo-1 mm2 with traxxas radio. I would like to get rid of factory software so I can adjust the BEC output I can't do it now bc castle made specific software for xo-1. will doing this work, and whats the best way. Thanks
    XO-1 1st gen
    XO-1 2nd gen
    T-Maxx 2.5
    UDR

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardXO-1 View Post
    cool

danielhr77: Could you host the updated settings file again? The filestore mirror doesnt work for long.

Digged through the settings file some more. After Goatn's success I am pretty much positive now that it can be done with almost all castle-based controllers.

Here is a List with the controllers that most likely will be upgradeable too:
    Axial AE-2 (F330C)
    Axial Vanguard
    Axial Vanguard (F541V6)

Duratrax Element (F541)
    Duratrax Element (F541V6)

HPI Motiv (F310C)
    HPI Blur (F310C)
    HPI Blur (F360C)
    HPI Vapor (F541)
    HPI Vapor (F541V6)
    HPI Vapor Pro (F541)
    HPI Vapor Pro (F541V6)
    HPI Qbase (F360C)
    HPI Brushed (F330C)

Losi MSC-MXPRO (F360C)

Traxxas Mamba Monster (F360C)
    Traxxas Mamba Max Pro (F360C)
    Traxxas Marine (F541)
    Traxxas Spartan (F541V6)
    I was able to do this today for my ET3S converting it to a 'Castle MMP'. Im interested in doing this now for my Spartan and M41 using the MXL-6s ESC. I think it comes back as a 'Castle MM2'. What is the modified settings file I need? Anyone done this the VXL-6S?? Thanks!!!
    Too many RC's to list.......I NEED MORE THO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Demstwenties View Post
    I was able to do this today for my ET3S converting it to a 'Castle MMP'. Im interested in doing this now for my Spartan and M41 using the MXL-6s ESC. I think it comes back as a 'Castle MM2'. What is the modified settings file I need? Anyone done this the VXL-6S?? Thanks!!!
    I don't think the mxl6s needs to be flashed, unless traxxas did something different for the boat esc. The mxl6s from my erevo plugs right in to castle link as a mm2. If anything it might update the software. The vxl6s isn't a rebadged castle esc, it's a traxxas original. Not sure if it will be compatible with castle link.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    I don't think the mxl6s needs to be flashed, unless traxxas did something different for the boat esc. The mxl6s from my erevo plugs right in to castle link as a mm2. If anything it might update the software. The vxl6s isn't a rebadged castle esc, it's a traxxas original. Not sure if it will be compatible with castle link.

If I plug it into the Caste link, it shows up as a Traxxas Spartan, not a MM2. There are no firmware upgrades for it either, just the original release. I can't find anything anywhere of people doing these, just read in the forum (as I quoted in post #188) that it should be possible.....I tired several different modified settings files and doing the same process as I did to flash the ET3s to a MMP, but it didn't work and was only recognized as the Spartan ESC....
    Too many RC's to list.......I NEED MORE THO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Demstwenties View Post
    If I plug it into the Caste link, it shows up as a Traxxas Spartan, not a MM2. There are no firmware upgrades for it either, just the original release. I can't find anything anywhere of people doing these, just read in the forum (as I quoted in post #188) that it should be possible.....I tired several different modified settings files and doing the same process as I did to flash the ET3s to a MMP, but it didn't work and was only recognized as the Spartan ESC....
    Interesting, I wonder why the mxl6s from the erevo is different than a mxl6s in a spartan?

Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

XO-1 GUY GETTING OLDER BY THE MINUTE

RC poster
    Hey guys, I have access to this page, downloaded castle link 3.40. Which is why I haven't done this buy I've had the ESC for 4 months. I couldn't find the software anywhere. I can't open the Settings file. If I have 3.40 already installed my understanding is I still need to modify the setup file or settings file. I have to look back at page one. But I can't find the text to replace it with. Other than that I'm ready to plug it in and go.

Is there any way to unlock the CC sct esc to allow it to run higher batteries?
    "Theres not bad people, just bad choices."

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345