Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    RC Enthusiast
    Got it!

Earlier today, I was thinking about my difficulty and what was causing it. Initially, I thought I had to use the regular settings.mdb in the conversion package. Then I went, 'wait a minute, why don't I try the ET3-S in the package?'. So I tried it out and BAM! it worked out. The instructions at the beginning didn't include a specific phrase like "if you have an ET3s ESC, this is the file you need to copy/paste into the castle creations directory."

So now I have a 4s powered drag car. Fun times shall be had now.

RC poster
    Just updated my et-3s and worked flawlessly. When i bought that esc 8 months ago i always thought that maybe someday someone would figure out how to do this and well that day has come. Thanks again

RC Racer
    All this hasel just to use a different controller will stick to the traxx remote lol

I will stick to the traxx remote haha
    Last edited by Double G; 07-30-2014 at 11:45 AM. Reason: merge

RC poster
    i have tried this with an HPI Q base f360c apache c1 controller and it doesnt show any firmware to update to?? any help?? using the 3.40 castle link with the et3s 1.33 settings and the firmware updates are blank.

I am attempting to put genuine Castle software on my XO1 ESC. I read on the 1st post that it needs to be mph unlocked...mine is not. What are my options?

NEVERMIND - I got it to work! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH for this thread!!!
    Last edited by natrix500; 09-03-2014 at 03:52 PM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by cruz1383 View Post
    i have tried this with an HPI Q base f360c apache c1 controller and it doesnt show any firmware to update to?? any help?? using the 3.40 castle link with the et3s 1.33 settings and the firmware updates are blank.
    Same here. I've downgraded the firmware on my Q-Base f360c to 1.24, installed CL 3.4 and replaced the setting file (I actually tried all 3 versions) and I have no options for firmware on the software tab.

I also tried with my Vapor Pro and I get the "Not a castle controller" error. and the firmware on my VP is 1.34 (I can go any lower for some reason).

Any help would be appreciated 8-)

RC Competitor
    Sorry to ask a dumb question that's probably already been answered, but if I flash an XO-1 MME which is still locked, will the rpm limiter still be in place even with the castle firmware? or will it be completely unlocked?

Thanks,
    Oliver

RC Racer
    According to this thread:

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ng-an-XO-1-ESC

Natrix500 has done it without doing the unlocking procedure and it looks like the 100mph lock is gone then.

Regarding the other controller requests: Sorry guys, I have so much other stuff to do right now. Maybe in a few weeks I'll give it another shot. But it's not that hard, come on guys, there must be somebody else who could also do it

RC Racer
    Just made a new release and added the HPI QBase V1.24 ESC. Please somebody try it out

The included settings file can be used for all currently supported controllers:
    - Traxxas Mamba Monster Extreme Firmware V1.34 (XO-1)
    - Traxxas Mamba Monster Firmware V1.34
    - Traxxas ET-3S Firmware V1.32 and V.133
    - HPI Blur Firmware V1.24
    - HPI Qbase Firmware V1.24
    - Losi MSC-MXPRO Firmware V1.39

If you have a controller listed above, but with a different firmware version, use the latest Castle Link software to flash it to a version that is included in the list above before proceeding with the modified settings file.

http://filestore.to/?d=J4Z7SUQFQ2

He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

RC Racer
    Made a mistake with the HPI Qbase, but now it's fixed and confirmed working.

- Traxxas Mamba Monster Firmware V1.34
    - Traxxas ET-3S Firmware V1.32 and V.133
    - HPI Blur Firmware V1.24
    - HPI Qbase Firmware V1.24
    - Losi MSC-MXPRO Firmware V1.39

http://www.traxxas.com.ar/castle/GenuineCastleV1.01.zip

Thanks Danielhr77 for mirroring

RC poster
    thank you so much the q base f360c is a momba max pro but will work lol

RC poster
    Guys I'm picking up a et-3s can u tell me exactly what's needed to buy so I can do the update I read about on here

Thanks
    Robert

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thank you, Lizard. Because of this thread, I just ordered an ET-3s from DollarHobbyz. I'm going to "hack" it as soon as it gets here.

RC Enthusiast
    I did this upgrade some time back and put the car away. Can anyone advise how to set up the brakes to mimic what the original traxxas firmware had?

RC Enthusiast
    THANK YOU LizardXO-1!
    You're a genius, just turn my brand new HPI Blur (F360C) into Genuine Castle.
    Just one thing: 1st step, downgrade your firmware to the oldest available.
    (The original firmware I have on mine was not recognized by castle link 3.40.0)
    All the rest is perfect, I have now all options of the last firmware 1.46 on my MMv2 including torque control!

RC Racer
    Excellent job on this thread Lizard! Got my Xo-1 unlocked tonight (have a Spektrum remote) and I'm all smiles

RC Qualifier
    hey guys im new to this castle link and everything.... but i really wanted to have the genuine castle firmware..... i have a et3s and mme from x01. as i have read 1st is to install the castle link software v3.40.0 but i cant install it on my comp completely. im trying to install the v3.40.0 from danielhr77 from his mirrored files

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by janmichael_zamora View Post
    hey guys im new to this castle link and everything.... but i really wanted to have the genuine castle firmware..... i have a et3s and mme from x01. as i have read 1st is to install the castle link software v3.40.0 but i cant install it on my comp completely. im trying to install the v3.40.0 from danielhr77 from his mirrored files
    Why can't you install it? Pls provide full detail.

RC Qualifier
    my comp says there is a problem with this windows installer package. a program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. contact your support personnel or package vendor

RC Qualifier
    oh got it now. i got it installed....

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by janmichael_zamora View Post
    my comp says there is a problem with this windows installer package. a program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. contact your support personnel or package vendor
    Either download the file again or use another computer.... I'd focus on the testing to see where the problem is.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenix2984 View Post
    THANK YOU LizardXO-1!
    You're a genius, just turn my brand new HPI Blur (F360C) into Genuine Castle.
    Just one thing: 1st step, downgrade your firmware to the oldest available.
    (The original firmware I have on mine was not recognized by castle link 3.40.0)
    All the rest is perfect, I have now all options of the last firmware 1.46 on my MMv2 including torque control!
    Yup! This exactly. I had the same issue and had to instal the new version then downgrade it, instal the old version etc, etc.

If you start you by downgrading to the oldest firmware to start it makes everything go nice and smooth.

So far I've done 2 Q-Bases esc's and 2 Vapor Pros. I had to modify the file myself to get the Vapor Pros recognized but it was pretty simple to figure out. All of the ESCs now work great with the latest castle firmwares. No more waiting for HPI to give the go ahead.

A :nod: to you LizardXO-1. Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    Thank you very much for doing this. I was able to update my ET-3S without any problems.

RC Qualifier
    ok so trying to figure out everything... and heres what i got....

my xo1 esc now been recognized as mamba monster v1.46

my et3s now as mamba max pro v1.46

question is did i do it all right?

RC Racer
    Those are the latest versions -- you are all set.

RC Qualifier
    Awesome..... and i tried my xo1 it runs smooth from start. cogging isnt that bad anymore like before.... also got a mxl6s but it shows mamba monster 2 so i gues its all castle....

RC poster

Lightbulb Can Someone help me new to this

I have an new traxxas funny car with the ET-3s
    How do you connect the esc to your computer to do this and can some one give me step by step instructions on how to do this with the files needed to do this I would really appreciate it so much im excited to get into this sport.
    Last edited by RCCRAZZY; 01-27-2015 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Time zone wrong

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by RCCRAZZY View Post
    I have an new traxxas funny car with the ET-3s
    How do you connect the esc to your computer to do this and can some one give me step by step instructions on how to do this with the files needed to do this I would really appreciate it so much im excited to get into this sport.
    First thing you'll need is this:

http://www.castlecreations.com/products/field_link.html (best way)

or

http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...stle_link.html (works)

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardXO-1 View Post
    Finally, I managed to find a way to flash 'genuine' Castle firmware to Traxxas and other re-branded versions of castle controllers. The decryption of the SQLite file is not necessary, it is actually possible with an older version of the Castle Link software which still uses an MS Access database.

Currently, it should work with the following controllers:

- HPI Blur Firmware V1.24 (re-badged Mamba Monster, HPI Savage)
    - Traxxas ET-3S Firmware V1.32 (probably re-badged Mamba Max Pro, Traxxas Funny Car)

So far I have flashed two Traxxas Mamba Monster Extreme controllers and one HPI Blur to Castle Mamba Monster Firmware V1.46 without problems.

Please somebody try it with the ET-3S (should be a 6S capable MMP then).
    I think it should be possible to flash other Castle-based controllers also.

Howto:
    ------

Things you need:

1. Castle Link Software V3.40.0 from Castle:
    http://castlecreations.com/downloads...all_3.40.0.exe

1. Latest Castle Link Software (3.56.17 as of now) from Castle:
    http://castlecreations.com/downloads...ll_3.56.17.exe

2. Modifed settings.mdb file:
    http://filestore.to/?d=H7SYXKMOOL

Steps:

1. If you have a Traxxas controller, make sure that Live Link is disabled
    and that it's 100mph unlocked (XO-1 version)

2. De-install any previously installed Castle Link Software

3. Install Castle Link Software V3.40.0

4. Replace settings.mdb file with modified settings.mdb file
    Usually located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Castle Creations\Castle Link

4. Start Castle Link software
    You should only see the about and the Software Tab.
    Do not use any function other than firmware update!

5. Go to Software Tab and flash any firmware you like.

6. Exit Castle Link Software

7. De-Install Castle Link Software

8. Make sure that "C:\Program Files (x86)\Castle Creations\Castle Link folder" is empty

9. Install latest Castle Link Software

10. Flash latest firmware

Now you have a genuine Castle controller with the latest available firmware on it!
    So I need to uninstall my castle link v3.57 first? I have a windows xp, and it was a pain in the rump to get castle link installed on here!

When I download the settings file, it gives me a read only file that opens in access, and seems blank.
    Last edited by mwe-maxxowner; 01-30-2015 at 02:08 PM.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by mwe-maxxowner View Post
    So I need to uninstall my castle link v3.57 first? I have a windows xp, and it was a pain in the rump to get castle link installed on here!

When I download the settings file, it gives me a read only file that opens in access, and seems blank.
    after you uninstall the castle link v3.57 find the v3.40 and install it....

But the main issue is with the settings file. I don't know how to unzip it.

And it's more complicated downloading castle link to an xp computer than just "installing it".

I was just hoping that maybe with the newest version loading 3.4 wouldn't be necessary.
    Last edited by mwe-maxxowner; 01-30-2015 at 02:55 PM.

I'm at step 4, and I see only the about tab. No software tab.

RC Qualifier
    go to"my computer" then co to drive "c" and then program files(x86) castle creation/castle link then open that folder. then youll will need to copy the the setting file that you downloaded from the link here at the forum then paste it there.

After I unzip it, correct? I downloaded "elite unzip".

I did that, and same thing. Someone else told me they had to delete the original file we are replacing first, or they got the same thing as me. Is the file I need to delete inside the Castle Link folder as settings ?

Is the esc to stay hooked up this whole time? Or only when you are ready to send new firmware to it?
    Last edited by mwe-maxxowner; 01-30-2015 at 04:26 PM.

RC Qualifier
    you dont need to plug your esc yet while doin these steps. the file "settings" if i remember it right is the one that need to be replaced

This is the one I'm downloading and unzipping. And it isn't working . When I just drop it, I get only the about tab. When I delete the original and drop it, castle link will not open at all. This is the settings option in post number 90.

Got it. I needed to use Genuine Castle V1.01 instead of the one labeled settings. That wasn't clear to me. Thank you for your help, and your patience! I'm assuming for my et3s I just do the same steps here, but choose the settings option labeled for that.
    Last edited by mwe-maxxowner; 01-30-2015 at 05:11 PM.

RC Qualifier
    you are working on a et3s esc right? try the settings with 3t3s
    download the file then after downloading. open the file and use internet to open it then copy it paste it.

Sorry I wasn't clear on that. No sir this was with my mamba monster extreme. The ET 3s will be next. The problem I had all along was the wrong "settings" download. If I keep hitting a road block there next time, I'll have a good idea what's up.

I haven't been worried about it, because, for my purposes, I won't see a difference with the xo1 esc. However, with the et3s, I want to have sensored options and at least 4s use! I don't understand why they see a need to restrict these things and rebadge them in the first plaCe. Just drop a mmp in!
    Last edited by mwe-maxxowner; 01-30-2015 at 05:20 PM.

RC Qualifier
    i also had a hard time tryung yo figure out all of that.... and im not with my computer now

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast