Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblkblazin View Post
    I am willing to bet that the Phoenix Edge 160 HV 50V 160A ESC and the xl-2 are the same controller with diffrent firmware . You think this can be done to this countroller ?
    They might use the similiar looking cases but I don't think they are the same esc. For example the Phoenix has the auxiliary wire and xl2 not. Also the Phoenix is longer and amperages and voltages are different between these two controllers. I think that Castle only used the look of it's Phoenix range in xl2 desing. Someone should open those both up and check that.

RC Racer
    bigblkblazin:
    I think it should be possible to flash the XL2 software to the Phoenix ESC, but I wouldn't bet that it will work reliable (or work at all).
    If it was that easy, Castle would have probably done it themselves. It's very difficult to design and build a reliable 12S controller for car use, many have tried, only few succeeded.

Guano:
    Seems you have a Losi MSC-MXPRO (F360C) with Firmware version 1.39 beta.
    Try this settings file: http://filestore.to/?d=SO3VN8XTQT

@all:
    Any news from you guys that have upgraded their ET-3S? Do they run good on something higher than 3s?
    I am still curious about the capacitors voltage rating on the extra caps and the internal caps, could somebody check this?

RC poster
    Worked on my Losi MSC-MXPRO...thanks Lizard!

RC Racer
    New mirror for the latest settings file, now including Traxxas Mamba Monster Extreme XO-1 v1.34, HPI Blur v1.24, Traxxas ET-3s v1.32/v1.33 and Losi MSC MXPRO v1.39

http://ul.to/u9k8f3ud

RC Champion
    wow going to have to subscribe for the future. thank you guys
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

Quote Originally Posted by LizardXO-1 View Post
    danielhr77: Could you host the updated settings file again? The filestore mirror doesnt work for long.
    Done! All files at: http://www.traxxas.com.ar/castle/

PM me if you need to upload more files, I'll send you my email address, it's faster that way...
    He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

RC poster
    Hi.
    I'm new to all of this programming by your computer but I've just received my vapor pro and telling me that its not a castle creations controller its giving me ('IM61139') could you please help me with this. I think its a great idea that youve managed to do this for people.
    I would love to have a little more flexability than hpi.
    Thank you in advance

RC Racer
    Hmm, this has to be done different than on other controllers.

I think I got it, but after upgrading, the older Castle Link software will not be able to recognize the controller anymore because the Sidewinder SV3 is not supported in the older Castle Link software. Usually, after upgrading the Software will try to talk to the controller again to upload settings. So the software will probably just crash or give an error message about not supported controller after flashing.

When that happens, just close the older software and install the new one. There it should be recognized then.

I don't think that this is something that could render your ESC unusable (personally I would try it if I had a Vapor Pro), but there is a small risk that I overlooked something.

Here's the settings file for HPI Vapor Pro (F541V6) v1.39:
    http://filestore.to/?d=ZDVWPQ492J

RC poster
    I'll see if I can pluck the courage up later.
    Only just got it. Not even in the car yet haha.
    But ill let ya know whether I do it or not and the outcome.
    Thanks

RC poster
    Nope it was just doing the same as before.
    Not a problem thanks for your help though

RC Racer
    Uh, erm, stupid mistake, forgot to actually add the new controller, just added the software

Fixed that now, and also added the Sidewinder SV3 controller to the database, so the controller should be recognized by the older software as Sidewinder SV3 (F541V6) v1.39 after flashing.

http://filestore.to/?d=X4L4QQL5TQ

RC poster
    Brilliant.
    Will give that a try shortly
    And let you know how it goes
    Thanks

RC poster
    Nope. Exact same as before. Bloody things haha

RC Qualifier
    I'd like too see some video of the et-3s with a 4-6 cell lipo. I'm afraid to do this on my computer since my hard drive is going bad and crashed every 25 minutes. Don't want a bricked ESC.

I tried to do it and i didn't really know what i was doing so it didn't work for me. Im not too computer savy...lol. And im more of a visual and hands on learner....lol.

RC poster
    Hey lizard is there any chance you could add the Q-BASE drivers as I just got ma hands on one pretty cheap and being a mamba max pro in disguise I'd rather have the 4s restriction removed. Because i plan on removing the motor connectors at some stage and soldering wires in instead and also getting mamba max pro case for it.

Thanks in advance

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the info and help. just finished updating my XO1 esc. Have not had a chance to test drive but so far it looks like I'm on the latest firmware!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Ok was able to test the XO today. Everything runs fine. One question, what settings does Traxxas use on the XO1 from factory for the brake? That's one thing I lost in the upgrade.

RC poster
    Lizard, thanks for sharing this with us all. You are the man

I have done it on two of my traxxas funny cars

However since I switched the radio to my M12 I cant get the esc to bind to radio. Any ideas on how to do this? Thanks!

RC Racer
    bikesterz90: Was very busy lately, when I find time I will look into the Qbase.

Jam-Air: Did it you disable Castle Live link before flashing, as written in my first post? With the XO-1 ESC you need to disable this in order to use non-Traxxas receivers, I guess it's the same with the ET-3s.

RC Champion
    Just a note, my two losi MMP's flashed to castle firmware just fine. Thanks!

RC poster
    Trying to do this with myAxial AE-2 (F330C) and am running into issues.

I install Castle Link 3.4 and change the settings file. When I plug in my esc, and run castle link

1) I get "about", "Basic", "firmware" tabs....not just about/firmware.
    2) When I do check firmware, it says I am v1.04, but there are no updates or old versions for me to update/revert to.

I tried the original 'settings' zip, which gave me the the #1 and #2 stated above. This was also the case with settings w/ MXPRO zip. Lastly, I tried the settings w/ et-3s zip and that would give an error saying my firmware on the controller was too new and I have to update castle link.

Does this mean the AE-2 is not hackable? I really was hoping to turn it into a sidewinder so I could get the throttle/brake curve options.

Thanks!

RC poster
    i have a Losi MSC-MXPRO. can someone please guide me through this? im new and really lost.

RC poster
    can you help me please?

RC Enthusiast
    I've got a question for those who have flashed the ET-3s inside the funny car to genuine Castle firmware.

Do you still retain the ability to use the Torque Control, or does that disappear during the flash?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabin View Post
    I've got a question for those who have flashed the ET-3s inside the funny car to genuine Castle firmware.

Do you still retain the ability to use the Torque Control, or does that disappear during the flash?
    I flashed 2 et-3s over and you will have punch controll that is standard on the mamba max pro. I believe there similar. and the esc will work up to 6s Ive done it using the et-3s and et2400 in a slash 4x4. its insane.

RC Enthusiast
    good.

Funny car is going to get a 4s pack. And it's going to be gravy being able to use the torque control from the radio.

RC poster
    File link dead plz reupload

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by jh1985 View Post
    I flashed 2 et-3s over and you will have punch controll that is standard on the mamba max pro. I believe there similar. and the esc will work up to 6s Ive done it using the et-3s and et2400 in a slash 4x4. its insane.
    using v3.40.0? or newer?

because I just tried following the instructions and all I got so far was 'either not a castle controller or may have software on it that's newer than the software loaded on your computer'.

RC poster
    Download file not found
    Either the file has been removed from our servers or download link was wrong

Plz reupload thx.

Check my post on the previous page...
    He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

RC poster
    heres a dropbox to the files too let me know if it works
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4y7vrtu0h...tvvN0qEPQFdPma

RC poster
    messed up sorry

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabin View Post
    using v3.40.0? or newer?

because I just tried following the instructions and all I got so far was 'either not a castle controller or may have software on it that's newer than the software loaded on your computer'.
    using v3.40.0? or newer?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by jh1985 View Post
    heres a dropbox to the files too let me know if it works
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4y7vrtu0h...tvvN0qEPQFdPma
    Thx for the files works real well.

finally got to flash my vapor esc.

RC poster
    Just wanted to report my success and extreme thanks to those who put this together!

Purchased XO-1 roller and ESC from eBay. Hooked up to CastleLink like my other Mamba Monster's and there is NO option to increase the BEC voltage! Why would castle not allow that? At some point the stock server is gonna crap and many of us are going to upgrade to a better one. Flashed Castle firmware and now I have all the options!

Thanks again!

Edited for language abuse. If you see a starred out word in your post, you must edit it out to avoid earning warning points.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 06-27-2014 at 07:29 AM.

Thanks LizardXO-1 for all the work you put into this and jh1985 for the files. I just flashed my ET-3S and everything works fine. It was very easy to do and now I am on the latest MMP firmware. Another plus to doing this is it gets rid of the "Link Live" settings completely. Now if I reset to default settings I don't have to remember to disable it.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Guano View Post
    Lizard, any way to assist with my Losi MSC-MXPRO issues? I'm getting the same messages as Goatn...my parenthesis ID in the message is ('LP01139'). I cannot remember which software is currently on it, I do know it's NOT the v1.32 as I didn't know to keep it before updating to the updated Losi one?

Thanks in advance!
    I have a similar problem - code LP01132.

I get the CastleLink prompt (Hey there's a newer version of CastleLink - want to upgrade to it?) - I say no.

Then I get a 'The device connected is either not a Castle Creations controller, or may have software on it that is newer than the software loaded on your computer. Please remove the CastleLink program from your computer, and install the newest version from the downloads page of the website. ('LP01132')'

I have CastleLink 3.40 and I've tried Settings.mdb of sizes 16,292kb and 9780kb and 10,636kb. That's the Losi firmware version, the ET3S firmware version, and the original settings.mdb (posted here, tailored for our use for this problem); none of these three 'aftermarket' MDBs worked.

I have a Losi MX MSC-PRO of unknown age and firmware version. The prior owner who sold it to me stated it was brand new and unused. It looks that way and works perfectly with my 2400kv Traxxas engine (and some bullet adapters.)

I have a Castle "Field Link Portable Programmer For Driving" USB to ESC card, which (as required) has the newest firmware on it. The Castle field link card is known good; I can plug it into my SV3 and it works great. Also, if I remove the Losi ESC, and just load up the 3.4 software with one of the settings.mdb files, I don't get any errors - so I know it's not complaining about the Castle Fieldlink card. It's complaining about my Losi ESC.

What do I need to do?
    Last edited by dclive; 06-28-2014 at 01:05 PM.

RC Racer
    I strongly suggest replacing (for at least the LOSI MSC MXPRO controller, a Mamba Max Pro stablemate) directions with the following:

1. Install the latest CastleLink software and attach the ESC to your PC. At this point most Losi MSC MXPRO owners will have Losi 1.32 firmware on their ESC.
    2. Install all available updates (Losi permits going to firmware Beta 1.39 with this method); the key point here is (based on my testing) Losi 1.32 firmware will not update to Castle 1.32 firmware, but Losi 1.39b firmware WILL update to Castle 1.32 firmware)
    3. Uninstall CastleLink software and install old CastleLink 3.40 software and Losi 1.39-oriented Settings.mdb, 9780kb in size.
    4. "Update" the ESC to Castle-based 1.32 (yes, downgrade from Losi 1.39b to Castle 1.32).
    5. Upgrade CastleLink to the latest (3.56r21 at this time); don't worry about discarding any settings.mdb
    6. Once running the latest CastleLink, update to firmware 1.46b (for Mamba Max Pro); notice the background art is no longer Losi based, but Castle based

Done.

RC Racer
    Key advantages to this 'crack' activity:

Go from Losi 1.39b (should be the same as Castle 1.39b) to Castle 1.46b. See http://castlecreations.com/downloads/frh-mamba.html for the Mamba (Max, Monster, etc.)-based enhancements. It's 2 new releases worth of updates; both look fairly minor to me.

Better background art.

That's about all that I could see.... for the Mamba Max Pro. I'm very aware that for an ET3S owner the changeover breaks the 3S barrier, which is a much bigger benefit.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast