Thread: Dollar hobbyZ

RC Racer

Dollar hobbyZ

Anyone have contact information? A lot of people on here have recommended them and I'm not at all happy with my first experience. Purchased XO-1 carriers for my slash and they were supposed to ship out yesterday. They gave me a tracking number that's no good, i even called the post office and they said they have nothing in their system. They aren't answering emails either

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    i've never had a problem with them. double check your tracking number, make sure you copied it correctly (sometimes a rogue space gets copied in front of it) and you're checking it with the right carrier.. one of the sellers.. omni maybe, uses stamps.com with odd trackers.
    give it a day to see if the tracker comes alive as well, sometimes it takes a little while before the system recognizes the tracking number.

RC Qualifier
    Tracking takes up to 2 days to update give it some time

Quote Originally Posted by RallyX3s View Post
    Tracking takes up to 2 days to update give it some time
    I noticed that too. Just be patient.
    Is owning 27 RC's too many? No way!

RC Champion
    Dollar Hobbyz is the best source I have. Never had a problem. If you order by 2 cst they will ship it out same day. All my orders have never taken more than 3 days. They have a brand new upgraded web site that you have to register on even if you have registered before. They now have your account info including shipping info and a 3% cash back after you earn 500 points ($166). Hopefully your stuff will show up right away.
    "Better Old and Devious than Young and Exuberant"

RC Racer
    I'm worried they sold me something they didn't have in stock. When I ordered it said last one. They still have it up saying last one.

The stuff I ordered off ebay and tower had updated tracking info by the end of the day it was shipped. Everything was USPS first class mail.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    I've been ordering parts from them for over a year now and have been very pleased with their service, prices, and customer support. I seem to order something from them every week.
    I did get a faulty diff once, but they swapped it out for me and one time I got a set of summit skid plates and lower cover instead of slash 2wd skid plates and bulkheads, and they shipped out the correct part and asked if I'd like to keep the summit parts at a discounted price, so I paid the $8 for the summits parts since I had summits and erevos at the time.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

Just received an order from them yesterday that was ordered Friday... never had any issues with them.

USPS tracking downright sucks. I have had packages marked shipped and then tracking is not updated until after I already have it in my hands.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Enthusiast
    I ordered a Traxxas 1/7 XO-1 Supercar 1717 Mamba Monster Motor from them today.First time for me ordering from them,but I have faith that everything will work out fine.I like the idea of the 3% cash back "500" points deal.The motor was $167 before shipping costs. I agree with the USPS tracking info,you can never depend on the updates.Oh and by the way,great looking community you all have going on here.I have learned a lot,except on how to put my own rc cars in my signature

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    USPS tracking downright sucks. I have had packages marked shipped and then tracking is not updated until after I already have it in my hands.
    I agree and I work for USPS for god sake but, the problem with USPS is that they're always behind with their gadget unlike fedex or UPS. Right now our computer cant even upload all the scanned parcels without taking all the scanners to another post office station to get uploaded and sometimes our scanner freezes out their on the street. We also have temporary employee that dont have better training which really screws up everything cause they're panicking and overwhelmed of what to do and they cant get no help cause they are the help. I always tell my supervisor when I have extra time I'm always willing to help others that are behind.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

I agree with everyone here, I would just give it a day or two before I started to worry. I have ordered from Dollar Hobbyz quite a few times with no issues. I have also noticed USPS tracking and shipping seems to have gone downhill lately. Everything seems to take a day or two longer than it did last year.

RC Racer
    I buy from them on ebay, Never had any issues, fwiw.
    Regards,
    Todd
    5806 Raptor, 67054 Stampede

RC Racer
    Got a call yesterday as well as a follow up today. They have been really helpful and all is figured out. I get nervous dealing with places that don't list a phone number or address on their site. I've been burnt before. These guys how ever came through big time

Did you pay with PayPal?
    If so, your purchase is 100% covered with or without the cooperation of the place you purchase from.

I am glad they resolved your issue to your satisfaction.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by EmersonSC View Post
    Got a call yesterday as well as a follow up today. They have been really helpful and all is figured out. I get nervous dealing with places that don't list a phone number or address on their site. I've been burnt before. These guys how ever came through big time

Glad you reported back and everything is fine. I got on there live chat line on Monday to see if they were going to carry the LaTrax vehicle parts and I ended up chatting with Brad the owner. Really helpful and it sounds like they have some big plans in the near future. The new web page is really first rate and I was able to narrow down searches, check on my order, review my order, look at past orders, and check the status of my bonus points. They are trying real hard and in the end that's what's important.

RC Qualifier
    It has nothing to do with dollar hobbyz. It's all usps. I had a package that was delivered and it didn't show up on the website until 3 days after it was delivered. I was worried I would have to pay back the 350 to the buyer. Close call. USPS has always been hit or miss.

RC Champion
    I bought a ton of misc spare parts for my new Slash Ultimate. I ordered the parts at noon on Monday the 10th. I received all the parts and spare bodies yesterday the 12th at 3:00. I just checked the tracking from USPS and it says the order is in route and will be here tomorrow afternoon. I'll have the parts and new bodies on and running by the time USPS says their suppose to be delivered.

I just don't know how it gets any better than this. By the time I took time off of work paid the gas to and from the LHS and paid their prices, plus have to make multiple trips because they wouldn't have all the parts, I figured I saved about $125.00 on a $300.00 order to Dollar.